I can honestly say, not a day goes by that we don't reminisce of our experience at Koro Sun. The moment we arrived (and we arrived unexpectedly early), we were treated like family.
The best part about Koro Sun is not the activities, which were a lot of fun, or the beautiful rooms. The staff is what really made our trip. We went right before Christmas time and virtually had the whole resort to ourselves. The staff was incredibly attentive, FUN, and accommodating. The restaurant and bar staff got to know all of our favorite things and made a point to get to know us. Solo, the activities director, was one of our best friends during our trip. We were often the only people going out, and he made sure to make it feel like a personal experience. He even brought us to his own village so we could get to know more about the Fijian culture. The owners, Jack and Patsy, were at the resort during our stay and we quickly became friends. They recommended some awesome activities and we shared some fun meals together. We also got to attend the staff Christmas/appreciation party. In that party you can see how much they love their staff and how the staff loves to work for them.
MUST DO ACTIVITIES: The waterfall and village tour, snorkeling, and the banana leaf wrap and massage (this is truly heaven on earth).
ROOMS AND FACILITIES: We stayed in the new accommodations over the water-- it was a scene from a luxury travel catalog. We had our own private plunge pool, that we spent many hours in, a ladder leading to the ocean, which we also utilized many times, and a full kitchen, 2 full bathrooms, and a fabulous top floor master suite with balcony. We were very comfortable and happy to spend some down time in our room during our stay. We got to take a sneak peak at the new rooms and infinity pool, which are sure to be impressive, especially with the colorful sunsets. The restaurant on the water is the best place to watch the sun set in the evening, which we enjoyed many times.
FOOD: The food was excellent. Everything was delicious and creative. The freshness of the organic fruits and vegetables that they grow on site (ask for a tour of the organic farm!) really makes the difference. Our favorite meal was the traditional Fijian feast, where we were treated to a candlelit dinner over the lagoon because it was our honeymoon.
We were so very sad to leave, but we now know that we have family to go back to in Fiji. We can't wait to visit again with friends and hopefully our own family one day. Thank you Koro Sun for the wonderful experience-- we miss you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu