“You'll never want to leave”

Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Charlotte, North Carolina
“You'll never want to leave”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My wife and I spent six nights here with two grandkids (17 and 21) and thoroughly enjoyed everything, especially the extremely friendly and accommodating staff. The food, often served in a beautiful seaside dining room, was outstanding with choices for every meal filled out the night before. We stayed in a mid-range ocean view bure, which was perfect for our group. More expensive seaside and edgewater bures are available, generally filled with honeymooners. A wide variety of activities are offered every day. Our favorites were the village tour/waterfall swim, visit to nearby school, kayak to Bat Island/cave swim and of course the banana-wrap massage (in a spectacular rain forest setting nearby). The staff was amazing, always greeting us by name and making sure we had a great time (participating with guests in volleyball and all activities). Timtam deserves special mention for going out of his way to help everyone, young and old. While our grandkids were older, we noticed the staff was always available to accompany younger kids in activities while their parents had some time alone. As a bonus, the resort actively supports a nearby school and seems to be make a special effort to be a good neighbor to the Fijian people in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
KoroSunManagement, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
So wonderful to hear from you. Thank you again for taking the time to review us. We are delighted to learn that you all had a wonderful time with us. Just as I've been informing the others who have reviewed us recently, I will convey your review to the staff at the end of the month, when we hold our monthly staff meeting and "Ice-Cream Day" ,lol! I'm convinced the ice-cream will taste even better when they get your feedback, lol!

Our warmest regards to you all, and we look forward to another opportunity to host you all again.

VINAKA VAKALEVU. JR!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Wellington
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have just returned from an amazing 9 days in paradise at Koro Sun resort. We stayed in an Edgewater bure which was modern and spacious with a great little plunge pool right outside the front door which our little girl loved. The staff at Koro Sun are what made the trip for us, they are just such wonderful happy people who really care and want to ensure you have the most memorable trip, they will help you with anything to ensure you are happy. The general managers know all of their guests by name and make a point of ensuring they are ok, they are totally engaged with their staff and guests alike, just such wonderful people. We had many conversations with the staff and got to know their stories. The food was also a highlight, it is fresh, organic and there was a huge variety over the time we were there, I never got sick of the fresh fruit each morning and looked forward to lunch and dinner. Our stay was also very much a cultural experience, yes we got some lovely relaxing leisure time around the new infinity pool over looking the sea with a cocktail in hand, but we also engaged with the local villages, attending a church service where the strength and harmony in their voices was so moving, and we also visited a primary school, and three local villages. Each time we were welcomed with massive smiles, like we were old friends. Very humbling experiences. The new honeymoon overwater bures look seriously luxurious, and there are no children allowed around that area, so for the honeymooners there is no fear that you will be woken up at 5am by little kiddies as it is in a separate area. The kidsclub run by Mereoni is great, she is great, loves kids and they love her, Tema who looked after our little one has a lovely way with children, gentle and soft.
Being welcomed on arrival with a foot spa and massage was awesome and then farewelled by the staff singing their traditional Fijian farewell song was heartbreaking, tears were shed for sure. We hope to come back one day to see our friends at Koro Sun!

Room Tip: The Edgewater bures and honeymoon bures on the sea side of the resort are just gorgeous.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JojoWellington
KoroSunManagement, General Manager at Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Thank you so much Jo for your kind review. The KSR family certainly enjoyed your companionship, along with Vito and little Sofia. I have relayed your comments to Mereoni and Tema of the Kids Club and they asked me to relay their warm regards to Sofia. Wow, thank you for the great compliment on the food. Joeli our chef will be very pleased. He and his team having been putting in a lot of effort. Glad to learn that you had some couple's time at the Infinity pool. It is becoming quite popular for guests who prefer to chill out. I was pleased to read about your great experience at the village. Amongst all of our wonderful list of outdoor activities/tours, the village trip always rates in the top 10, on our Guest comments forms. Thank you again for the review and Margie and I look forward to seeing you back soon. Vinaka Vakalevu
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wife and I spent 7 nights at Koro Sun in one of the new edgewater water bures. It was the second week of our honeymoon in Fiji and it was one of most amazing times we have ever had. I could have sat on the patio overlooking the lagoon for days on end, it was such a beautiful location. The food was fantastic and all of the activities were great. Where Koro Sun really shines are the incredible staff. We have never met as many truly wonderful people that make up the staff here. Joe and Maggie are running an excellent resort. We had such a great time and didn't want to leave. I've been on many different trips and this is one of the first times where I actually felt a real sadness leaving, it was that great.

Room Tip: Edgewater Bures are amazing!! If you can book #10 it's all the way at the end, with only one nei...
2 Thank Chris C
Chris, Bula Vinaka! Thank you again for your kind compliments. Margie and I really appreciated the time you guys took to spend with us at Koro Sun Resort and I am glad it turned out to be a time where you had more personal time together, specially after your wedding on Beqa.

I have taken the liberty of informing the staff on the compliments that you've paid them. Mili & Solo says hello.

We look forward to having you over on another occasion. Vinaka Vakalevu
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We just had the pleasure to stay at the Koro Sun Resort last week. The views, the people, the food were all wonderful. It was all inclusive and it felt like we were part of a family. (or at a really high end summer camp :) The foot massage was such a nice welcome. I must say we both gained weight because we had so many choices of the menu that we had to try them all. My favorites were the banana stuffed fresh coconut covered french toast and the chicken curry. The staff was so friendly and always very helpful. We looked forward to being greated by Mili, Ni, Vonnie and Oni at each meal. Everyone will know your name by the end of the first day and greet you by name for the rest of the week. We joined every event possible and the free excursions were all very good. We did the bike ride with Solo - (ask for the extended ride thru his village, what a great plus that was) Snorkeling with Ramanu to see the beautiful blue starfish and great mix of fish and coral- he even gave me his own mask when mine leaked! I suggest you take reef shoes on this trip as you can walk out on the old coral in many areas. John took us to Bat Island and that was my favorite. You can swim in a grotto, pick up starfish and see much more (moray eel in a tidal pool, crabs everywhere, and many other interesting creatures) We enjoyed Bat Island so much we went back on our own int the provided kayaks and spent another 2 hours exploring the tidal pools. Other actuvities that we did that were included were the herbal walk, rainforest treck to a waterfall, hand-line fishing, kayaking, paddle board, the school visit (a must do) We took the local bus to Savusavu for less than a dollar US. This was another great day of walking the gorgeous coast, meeting the people and visiting the fruit-veggie market. I heard from the others that the diving was amazing but we only snorkel (which was so much better than I expected...right off the beach at the resort) The mere location of this resort is perfect. I could go on and on but will end with saying that this is somewhere we would definitely go back and recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: The ocean side rooms will be a must for my next visit! We had a wonderful view from our "gard...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarolisMyRealtor
Bula Vinaka Carol, Thank you for a very impressive review. It will serve as a great reminder for us to ensure that other guests to our resort have the same or better experience with us. You know we value our commitment to ensuring that all our guests enjoy a personalized experience here at Koro Sun Resort. Sometimes, we drop the ball, so to speak, but we make every effort to ensure that a level of consistency in all areas of resort activities is maintained. I conveyed to Joeli, our Chef, how you enjoyed the banana-stuffed French toast with coconut covering and he appreciated the comment very much. Joeli said it was the first he's received about the French toast. Satya, our Indian lady who is our curry specialist continues to produce great curry menus consistently. You will be pleased to know that we always relay our guest comments to our staff, personally. They were well-received by the team here. Thank you for your patronage of our resort. We hope to see you back at Koro Sun Resort soon. Warm Regards. JR.
Atlanta
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed here some time ago but forgot to review. The property is nice but the bure's near the clubhouse are very dated and small. If you go, make sure to choose the waterfront condos. The food was excellent when I stayed. Internet was non-existent except for the clubhouse. Another note: During the summer (Their winter), the sun goes down earlier and I was in bed on average @ 9:00PM.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to send a review even though it was way back in July 2013 when you had visited Koro Sun Resort. The accommodation you've described as small and dated are the Garden view Bures. They were part of the original accommodation of the resort some years ago, when it was known as Kon Tiki Resort. We still have people who have an affinity with our original garden bures.

A lot of changes has taken place since, and we are pleased with our latest addition over the water, now referred to as Edgewater Bures, primarily set for couples/honeymooners. Thank you for your recommendation of the condos - these are the streamside villas at the Edgewater Area. They are great amongst the families who come here.

We are continuing to improve and challenging ourselves to continue to take our service support to another level. We hope you will have another chance to come visit us again.
Vinaka Vakalevu, JR.
tempe, az
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We came back to Fiji to celebrate our 10th anniversary and had a great time! The food was amazing with so many fresh ingredients. The staff was always cheerful and friendly.
We did the school visit/waterfall trip which was very enjoyable. My husband did the hand-fishing from a wooden raft and caught a few fish or so he says =) We also took advantage of the banana wrap massage which was wonderful!!!
We also took advantage of the kayaks and bicycles. Romanu and his wife both went the extra mile.
We spent the rest of our time diving and really enjoyed it as well as the friends we made on the dive boat.
We had a an ocean-view bure which was nice with the outdoor shower. Bed was comfortable and the a/c worked well. There is maid service twice a day. The on the water villas looked very nice with great views.
It's a short drive into town which was interesting to check out. We enjoyed cocktails at coprashed marina at sunset.
Loved this hotel and this island! I'm sure you will too.

1 Thank tcinaz
Wow, thank you for your kind review. You've highlighted some of the great things about Savusavu, particularly about the "Vuadomo Falls". It's a must visit for anyone coming to stay at Koro Sun Resort.

We are paying particular attention on our food presentation and I am pleased to learn that you've had a great experience with what Joeli, our Head Chef and his team put out. I have relayed this review to him. He is quite pleased, of course.

Overall, we are pleased that your stay with us was an enjoyable one.
Vinaka Vakalevu. JR.
Chino Hills, California
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just came home, our experience was fantastic, food was great, staff was friendly and helpful . There are activities , something to do from city tours , water kayaking ,snorkeling ,biking. Staff was very helpful to arrange and provide transportation. My husband is a diver I am not ,I still enjoyed myself when he went diving every day in the morning and I was able to do other things as mentioned. Over all this is a wonderful place, we stayed for 7 nights we hated to leave, The management is fantastic and really do care if you are happy with service and accommodations, The resort is a beautiful place and is maintained very well,I would go back and stay also the spa is a must! I give this resort excellent rating

4 Thank LilaF777
Bula vinaka again! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Margie and I and the rest of the management team are delighted to learn that you both had a wonderful stay with us. I am equally pleased to learn that you took the opportunity to try some of the activities we had on offer, whilst your husband was away diving. The range of activities that Solo & Romanu, our two senior Activities guy organize daily continues to be a hit amongst guests. It's not hard to find something enjoyable to do especially with Mela (Romanu's wife) who is responsible for Guest Services and our Spa, always making sure that there was something for guests to do on a daily basis.

We will make every effort to offer the same enjoyable experiences to your friends of families who may even choose to come visit Fiji and Savusavu.

We send you both our warm regards. We look forward to seeing you both on another occasion.
Vinaka Vakalevu, JR.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Namale Resort & Spa
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Emaho Sekawa Resort
Emaho Sekawa Resort
#7 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa? Share your experiences!