My husband and I and our two young children recently spent 5 nights at the Koro Sun Resort. This was our first trip to Fiji and I'm so glad that this is where we decided to stay. My husband and I are quite private people so we really enjoyed how quiet and intimate this resort was, it was hard to tell how many people were staying but there were around twenty tables set for dinner each night.
The food was spectacular! We enjoyed trying some dishes that we wouldn't normally try. We loved listening to the house band at night before and during dinner and Nal and Milli at the bar really looked after us.
The kids had an absolute ball at the Kids Club, Oni was amazing and organised a wonderful birthday party for my son. It was his favourite part of our trip! Morti and Junior looked after our kids, Junior was more than happy to indulge my son in numerous activities. On the first day of kids club I saw him after only two hours and he and Junior had already played tennis and volleyball, gone on a kayak ride and had a swim at the kids pool!
The kids club allowed my husband and I to enjoy one of our favourite activities, snorkeling! The snorkeling at the resort is spectacular, so much to explore! We found a clownfish in its anemone on the drop off in front of Edgewater Bure 2 and we were able to take the kids back at low tide to see "Nemo", they were so excited. One day Romanu took us to Split Rock which was incredible. Romanu took my GoPro as he free dived through the split, it was a sight to see! My daughter and I went on the local school tour, the children were all happy to show off their singing and the school has such a beautiful view I'm surprised they can concentrate. I loved talking to different staff members from the resort about their villages even getting the chance to see a few as we drove to and from excursions.
We stayed in an Edgewater Villa which was perfect for us and it's a short walk to both restaurants. We loved being able to hop in the water right off our back deck and the view is spectacular.
This resort is truly something special, so full of natural beauty and character. The staff are amazing and super efficient. It felt like my husband and I were the ones on Fiji time. Our farewell song was so beautiful I was fighting back the tears. We had a one night stop over at a large resort in Denarau before flying home which really made me appreciate how beautiful Koro Sun Resort is, you truly get to experience the different aspects of the Fijian lifestyle.
I am keen to explore other parts of Fiji but we will definitely return to Koro Sun Resort one day and I will be recommending it to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu