To try to be fair I emailed the management privately after our recent six day night stay. There has been no response. We too requested a move from our ‘Ocean View’ bure to a villa. This was an improvement, but there were still numerous small problems with it. With the exception of the desk staff, the staff here are delightfully friendly and try to be helpful. However they are very poorly trained, and even small things such as ensuring that tables are set with the usual things, remembering orders and getting them right were ongoing issues. Meal-times became stressful and embarrassing. Some have commented favourably on the food. My advice is that if you’re at all interested in food don’t even consider Koro Sun. The staff are untrained about wine and wine service. One evening, after ordering three listed wines (all ‘unavailable’), our fourth choice was definitely ‘off’ and quite undrinkable. Wine regularly arrived after we’d finished our main course. I always asked for no ice in my drinks, to little avail. Chicken, fish, lamb and pork were all dry and over-cooked although vegetables were well presented. The roti wraps were inedible. Breakfast ‘pastries’ were soggy muffins -- every morning. Toast was often cooked on one side only. My order of ‘medium cooked’ fried eggs came as one runny and one rock-hard. The ‘fruit platter’ never varied. Not a resort we could recommend, either for accommodation or food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our northern unspoiled location offers you the genuine warmth and friendliness of the Fijian people, beautiful lush tropical surroundings, and warm, impossibly clear waters. In a remote setting that defines paradise, Koro Sun Resort & Rainforest Spa immerses you in a genuine Fijian experience that's nirvana to the core. In the unspoiled native north on "Fiji's other big island" of Vanua Levu, this 160-acre sanctuary was born of a nature lover's dream. The tropical retreat is etched within a coconut plantation that's encircled by lush rainforests at the edge of a stunning private lagoon. From the moment you arrive, the Koro Sun staff embraces you like family. They greet you with a song that welcomes you to your home away from home. Certainly, the Fijians are known around the globe for being the most warm and friendly islands on earth.That hospitality - coupled with our diverse accommodations and recreation - has made Fiji's Koro Sun Resort an international favorite for relaxing holidays, active family vacations and magical romantic getaways. You may experience the latter in our brand new Edgewater Bures, with lagoon front location. Our 43 private bures and villas are spacious, individually appointed decor and fully air-conditioned. Your stay is all-inclusive - from airport transfers to bountiful gourmet fare and a flurry of non-motorized water sport activities and exclusive diving at the world-famous Namena Marine Reserve with Namena Divers Inc now based at Koro Sun Resort. Beverages are additional. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Expedia, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koro Sun Hotel Savusavu
- Koro Sun Resort All Inclusive
- Koro Sun Resort And Rainforest Spa Fiji/Savusavu