“An Excellent Resort”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Sydney
“An Excellent Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

We have just completed our 2nd stay at Namale, we were there in July last year, and it rained and was cold, so we figured that wasn't a fair time to review this Resort.
This year the weather was much better, but still a little more rain than we expected, perhaps that what the weather is always like in Savusavu. The Resort certainly has no control over that.
The Staff were fantastic, Kula and Selemo at the Bar made sure our glasses were never empty, The Wine selection and Drink Lists were First Class. Marama and her team kept our Bure immaculate, Tiko and Vilo sped us around the Resort in great safety, while Epo and Shivani were able to answer any questions we had.
During the day, either in our Villa or Walu or the Main Bure, the meals were excellent, and we were given a great choice while Millie, Louisa, Kesa, Bale, Rosi, Doretta, Kalesi and Dee made sure everything in the Restaurants happened as they should. The service was great, Rupeni, the Bar and Restaurnant Manager always had a smile on his face and was a great Host.
Probably the only down side is the lack of a first class beach, but we overcome this by taking a Bure with it's own Plunge Pool, or, in the case of Civa, where we have stayed each time, a great big pool !!
So, can't fault it, and we will be going back next year for visit # 3

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Eagle, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

My husband and I went to Fiji for a relaxing, dive vacation. We found the diving to be excellent as well as all other amenities at Namale Resort. The staff were kind, very friendly and very efficient. The accomodations were great. The food was terrific. Lots of options for your day...poolside, beachside, outstanding spa, many excursions, or a quiet day on your Bure's deck. The perfect setting for romance and fun. We'll be back!

Room Tip: All bures are very private with a view.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

We have just returned home from our honeymoon at Namale, and it exceeded our expectations in every way!!!!! The staff at Namale are wonderful - so friendly and attentive. They really did make us feel like a king and queen for the week!! The food is like eating at a 5 star restaurant 3 times a day! Talk about spoilt!!!! The wine and cocktail list is also very very good. We stayed in villa Rosi, which has it's own private beach, cinema, pool tale, plunge pool and jacuzzi - devine!! The spa is amazing, the beach amazing, the grounds amazing. What more can I say?!? Amazing!!!!!
If we could afford to go back every year, we would!!! Hopefully we will get a chance to return at some stage, and I hope they don't change a thing!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarit123
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

The staff here really makes this place so incredibly special. I loved the grounds, loved the people and loved my time here. I look forward to coming back for a vacation! And the food was excellent!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mamacassie
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

Spa is World Class, Bures are very nice and authentic. Staff is superb. The Recreation center is very good. Food is excellent.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank jcbackfist
Dover, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2011

My husband and I traveled to Namale for our honeymoon and were shocked to find out that we were the ONLY guests staying there for the whole week, but the other disappointment was the lack of a beach. The photos had to have been altered, because it sure did look like there was water to swim in.Getting better...the food was just okay, I expected gourmet as the website and brochures and travel stated. The best part of the trip was the spa, top notch service and facilities were excellent. Overall the resort claimed to have had upgrades which in in the rooms were true, but the rest of the resort was in much need.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
7 Thank toughcritic_11
Oakdale, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

As we rolled through the entrance gates the thoughts of the Pearly Gates surrounded us! We rolled up to the reception area, and just as I thought...I was truly in Heaven...there were Angels singing their welcome song, smiling and enveloping us with only the comfort I could imaginge feeling in Heaven! From this point on, we truly did nothing for ourselves! Every one of our needs were being graciously attended to! As if we were attending a family gathering, everyone knew our names, and never went without a Huge Bula Bula every time we met. Though getting there did not come easy (23 hours of travel time, cancelled & re-scheduled flights, and my bag had gotten lost) Staying there was the BEST overall vacation of our lives! Hearing the news of my lost bag, they did everything to help ease my mind...even made arrangements to launder the few clothes that I did have with me, so at least my clothing would be clean! We did our tour of the grounds, and just kept saying to each other "OH MY GOD" We couldn't believe how much more this place had exceeded our dreams! The tour through our room was again filled with more "OH MY GODS" Yes we were in Heaven!!! The rooms are so tastefully done, but the views are so beautiful and soothing, that before you knew it, the stress of the real world we carried with us were easily being erased! We visited the Spa....me for a mani-pedi and he for the sauna, cool dunk and waterfall massage...yes...a waterfall massage!!!
The food was nothing short of Spectacular!!! I thought (and would have been perfectly fine with) that I would have been limited to mostly salads for food, as I don't eat red meat, and am allergic to seafood, but oh the surprise!!! We were there for 10 days, and never ate the same thing twice! And, may I add that we never had a meal that was less than spectacular, both in presentation, and flavor!!! Our 3 course lunches, and 5 course dinners were only out done by the surroundings of the dining areas!!! You really can eat somewhere different every day, and each is beautiful in it's own way! Our personal favorites were the hanging bed, and the waterfall! No matter where you choose to eat, or whether you dine in the main dining room, you simply show up....they take care of everything else!!! On two occasions, we chose to go off and explore the island and would not be there for a meal...but "no worries" we were met at the reception area with a picnic lunch, and a cooler of drinks, and anything else that would be helpful to our excursion...ie: maps, snorkel gear, bug spray, towels....they would anticipate your every need!
From the first day there till our very last day, we made daily trips to the Dive Shop!!! Emossi, Paul and Sam were so intent on helping us make this a trip of a lifetime! We were able to Scuba Dive, Snorkel, Fish, Swim, Kayak, etc. or just hang out with our new friends! They made you feel as though you were the Only "Residents" (that's how they refer to you) there, and catered to your every need!
On our 3rd day there my long lost bag arrived! However, to my surprise, I barely opened it!!! I had gotten so used to living in a bathing suit, and not bothering with my out of control hair (it was just getting wet anyways) that it was really less exciting than I first thought it would be!
The real world habits start to fade! You no longer are looking for clocks, TV's and Telephones to fill your time, and you are no longer concerned about what you'll wear, and doing up your hair and makeup! You suddenly realize you are on "FIJI TIME!!!"
Every day there's something (or nothing if you choose) to do, plenty to eat, lots of friends, and all in a setting that is truly Heaven on Earth!!!
We re-newed our Wedding Vows while we were there!!! Again with the Oh My Gods!!! We had one little meeting (less than 15 minutes) to discuss the date and time, and what our thoughts were for the ceremony! That was it! The day of the Ceremony, it was like we had hired a Wedding Planner, Florist, Pastor, Choir , Caterer and Bakery to get inside your head, and plan the perfect Ceremony for you!!! Our coodinator was Louisa...and in one little 15 min. meeting, she was able to pull all this together, and literally take our breath away!!! It was so OVER THE TOP!!! Way more than we had ever dreamed of, and even more than we had at our first wedding!!!
Heaven is run by a special group of people!!! The Arch Angels are Ron & Margaret, the GM's that are in charge of every department, that all comes together to make this Heaven on Earth possible... Our Special Angels would be Louissa, Emossi, Paul, and Sam!!! They all did the spectacular things that made this THE trip of a lifetime!!! There are so many other Angels and Cherubs there that just make everyday Full & Fun!!!
The only problem we can see for ourselves is this: now that we have been to Namalie...how would we ever be able to Travel without being naturally inclined to campare the trips, as we truly believe we would NEVER be able to Top Namalie!!!

Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GPennell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Savasi Island Villas
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Savusavu Hot Springs Hotel
Savusavu Hot Springs Hotel
#11 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!