Namale Resort & Spa
  • Pool
Daku Resort(Savusavu)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewskava bowlhorseback ridingbowling alleytony robbinsdive shopgolf simulatorour honeymoondream houseapple tvair hockeyhydrotherapy roomcouples massageheaven on earthscuba divingblow holewaterfall massageother guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My wife and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary at Namale. I think we can safely say we enjoyed our visit and would recommend the resort to others. I left a detailed message for suggested improvements with the management when we left, so I have no problem repeating some of the same here. First of all, Fijian people are the nicest, warmest folks you will meet anywhere in the world! We were so very impressed with their demeanor and their kindness. The management team, (husband and wife), have been there about three years and are implementing many needed changes. GO if you like friendly people, considerate and knowledgeable staff, true hospitality. GO if you like evening entertainment which includes singing groups from local villages and churches and dance groups from the Islands. GO if you like unlimited drinks and lots of personal attention. GO if you like great snorkeling and river float trips that are a blast. GO if you want a first rate Spa and landscaped grounds that can compete with any resort, anywhere. But, if you are looking for a Four Seasons type resort, or a St. Regis, or a One and Only, or Bulgari resort, this isn't it. Conservatively I would think that management could invest about 1.5 million in upgrades and renovations to bures, which are becoming a little tired. We noted numerous electrical and plumbing "challenges" around the grounds that really wouldn't be that difficult to fix or upgrade, making me question, "Do they have a full time engineer on the grounds?" The food is just OK, nothing spectacular. And as warm and caring as the Fijian people are, there are constant communication difficulties in ordering food. (I place no blame of the locals in this regard - when you visit foreign countries it is YOUR responsibility to learn a little of their language and customs, not the other way around), however, I think some remedial communication training for all front serving staff would be helpful. Again, not meaning to be critical. I give this place high scores, and it is probably one of the best if not the best in Fiji, but with just a few changes I think it could compete with anything that is five star.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RAFincher
NamaleResort, Manager at Namale Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

From the entire staff I would like to say that we thoroughly enjoyed having you both stay with us recently and we are both humbled and grateful that you chose Namale as your place to celebrate your 20th Wedding Anniversary. I'd also like to thank you for taking the time to write into Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with the other Trip Advisor readers. I may be asking permission to use your list of reasons to GO to Namale in a future newsletter!
Namale is a unique property. It is a group of 19 Bures and Villas constructed using authentic Fijian architecure and materiels. It is spread out over 525 acres imbedded amidst a tropical rain forest and sitting on the shoreline of the Koro Sea. This creates an amazing and breathtaking environment and one that requires constant and ongoing maintenance and care. Namale has a maintenance and engineering department with a staff that exceeds 50 and this team is constantly involved with maintenance, upgrades, and reconstruction projects on a year round basis. That having been said, there is of course always more that you can do. The challenge comes in finding just the right balance of getting the projects done on the property without negatively impacting the experience of the guests you are hosting at the time. Rest asurred though, even though you may not see them very much during your stay, the maintenance team is always there "behind the scenes" upgrading or maintaining one area or another of the Namale Resort.
We appreciate all feedback and we are grateful for the comments and insights that you left with us when you departed for home. Your input was quite valuable and will help us in our future maintenance and upgrade plans.
In the end, we were very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, would reccomend us to your friends, and would consider returning yourselves for another visit. On behalf of all of us here at Namale, Vinaka Vaka Levu and we are hopeful that we will be seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 5 May 2014

From the moment you touch down into SavuSavu, and are greeted at the tiny airport by a member of the Namale staff, you know you are in for a treat. The plane ride into the island itself is magical. The colors of the ocean, the reefs, the mountains, everything about it is unbelievable. The Namale resort is a 15-20 minute drive from the airport, and once you arrive you are greeted with a traditional FIjian song and 2 tropical drinks. The staff makes this place the true gem that it is. Everyone is so nice and incredibly helpful. They treat you as if it is their sole purpose to make you feel apart of the Namale family. Everyone knows you by name, and they begin to memorize your favorite drinks and appetizers. Sean and I are still dreaming of Namale, and we have been in the real world now for about 2 weeks now. We often catch ourselves wishing we could order a pitcher of mojitos to our favorite hammock on the beach. I read a couple reviews previously about the bug problem at Namale. Of course being on a tropical island, you almost have to expect there will be mosquitos. The staff does a great job of having bug spray handy in all locations, and specifically dine out locations at night. I only used it a couple of times, and I did not think it was as bad as some of the reviews made it seem. You are in paradise, if you see a couple bugs....who cares! If that is the worst thing to happen to you, you have had a pretty great vacation as far as I am concerned!

We absolutely loved the entertainment at Namale. From the cute Miller Dance Group to the Kava Band, it was all wonderful. Namale does everything they can to keep you entertained both during the day and at night. Here is a list of all the activities we did, and some suggestions:

Snorkeling: Must do! The reefs rivaled the Great Barrier Reef. They were vibrant and colorful. We also got to see a reef shark and a sea turtle.
Paddle Boarding: Such a fun experience and the sights are unbelievable! This was our first time doing it and if you have never done it before realize it is challenging at first, but we had a blast laughing while attempting it.
Banana Boat: Not as fast as I expected. We have been on these in Mexico, and at Namale we barely fell off once. That could either be a good or bad thing depending on your adrenaline level.
Horse Back Riding: Great horses! Great trainer! You can tell they really love the horses. They are well taken care of which I find very important. The ride was a lot shorter than I would have thought or expected. We did a loop around the beach, snapped a picture by the Namale entrance, and went back. It was a total of 15-20 minutes tops. I am sure if you wanted to extend the ride, you can ask, but we didn't, and we are not upset about it. Everyone is so accommodating!
Cave & Reef Exploration: This is something we did on our own, but we enjoyed it very much! You must bring reef shoes or you will cut up your feet. There are tons of hermit crabs on the island, and we enjoyed finding them.
Water Trampoline: Tons of fun! You can actually order food and drinks to the trampoline which is awesome! I highly recommend swimming to and from the trampoline. It really is not that far, and the water is so warm and feels so nice. If you aren't a strong swimmer, they can drop off/pick you up from the trampoline.

The dining at Namale is fantastic! The food is high quality, and the chefs have been trained very well. The pastry chef is also wonderful. I highly recommend all of the dine-out locations. Sean and I enjoyed dinner at the romantic cave, the Lovers Deck, the Tikki Hut on the beach, and a couple meals in the main restaurant. The preparation that goes into the private dine-out locations is second to none. The staff does such a great job decorating each location. We enjoyed the cave location the most because it was illuminated with 100s of tea light candles. It was very romantic. We also really enjoyed the Tiki Hut dinner because we got to see the Milky Way which is something we could never see in the states. Each night was truly magical. During our dinner at the Lovers Deck, we saw the moon rise from the water, and light up a ray of moonlight on the ocean. This is also something you don't see in the states. The only thing we did not like about the dine-outs is that you receive all of your courses at the same time. The food is hot when initially given to you, but after awhile it does lose its temperature. At the private dine out locations, the staff leave after serving you, ultimately giving you that truly private dining experience. At the end of the day, it is a minor detail that didn't bother us that much, and if we had to do it again, we would. We scheduled a dine out lunch at the waterfall, and it is a must do! Do not go to Namale with out having the waterfall lunch. It is truly amazing to see the lengths the staff goes to to provide a wonderful dining experience. We were given the option to either hike to the waterfall or get dropped off. We chose to get dropped off, and after seeing the hike via car ride, we agreed we made the right choice! The hike is not far or rigorous, but there isn't much to see. You could also take the wrong path and get stuck on a "energetic path" which takes about 8 hours. Be careful, or just get dropped off like we did. We decided not to go in the waterfall. We saw many little crawfish in the water, and did not want to get pinched.

The spa is very relaxing, and absolutely gorgeous. We spent lots of time at the waterfall massage pool, in the scented hydrotherapy pools, and in the hot tub overlooking the ocean. All are complimentary when staying at the resort. Sean and I had a wonderful couples massage, and coconut milk foot soak. I highly recommend taking advantage of the spa services. All the prices are listed in FJD so if from the states, the prices are significantly cheaper than USD due to the currency exchange.

Sean and I spent most of our days exploring the resort and relaxing. We would go back to Namale in a heart beat. It was true paradise and absolutely beautiful! We also took the opportunity to do the Village Tour on one of our last days, and it was a great experience. We got to to see the Village of Naidi, where many of the workers are from, and did a little shopping. If planning to shop on the island, do it here! The prices are cheap, and you can pick up trinkets for the family! Also make sure to exchange your money in the village because there are no commissions. We had traditional Fijian homemade ice cream, and it was delicious! I wish I could remember the name of the store we bought it from, but if you ask one of the Village Tour guides, I am sure they would take yo. After all, it was their suggestion in the first place.

We stayed in the Siga Bure, and it was wonderful! it had perfect ocean views, and the most wonderful deck. We loved the set up. If you can afford it, get an ocean view Bure! You wont regret it. We ate room service out there, and watched the sunrise every morning. The colors of the sky take your breath away! The room attendants are great. We looked forward to seeing our message of flowers each day. We also loved the mosquito net.

Overall, we would love to go back! I give the resort 5 stars, and I highly recommend to anyone looking for a romantic Fijian getaway.

Room Tip: Get a room with with an ocean view! It is worth every penny.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Christina A
NamaleResort, General Manager at Namale Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

All of us here at Namale were so glad to hear that you both enjoyed your recent stay with us. We also want to thank you for your kind words and sharing you experience with everyone here on Trip Advisor. The staff here at Namale take great joy and pride when they can help make someone's vacation stay or honeymoon "special". Thank you again for choosing Namale and we look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future. We'll keep a pitcher of Mojitos chilled and waiting for you!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

When you arrive at Namale you are greeted by a warm singing welcome. From there check-in is easy and simple, and the hotel staff has to be one of the most amazing I have every experienced in traveling all my years.

The resort is set on a cliff overlooking a beautiful reef in which all the accommodations and main restaurant overlook. The reef leads into a lagoon that has a floating trampoline that I saw many enjoying and drink / food service taken to them on a boat. The dive shop – is located in this area – and many of the other watersports.

Bring water shoes – or shoes you can wear with a hard sole that can slip on and off get wet and for walking on hard rocks for swimming. Also to protect you from fire coral – which is there.

This hotel spares no expense. The grounds surrounding the hotel are beautiful, from the flowers, tropical plants and trees all perfectly manicured.

It is a perfect setting for 19 bures.

I had a luxury Unity villa –with a pool. I was escorted to my room and was given a tour – and greeted with a bucket of champagne. There is a full stocked frig of soft drinks, water, beer or anything else you want upon request, that magically refills every day and night.

There is free wifi throughout the resort. I had a Vodaphone sim card at the airport – had them set me up for data as well. I had great data service on the phone and also great phone reception. If dial 011 to the US and number – only .20 cents min. just for any emergency business calls I might need.

The rooms and restaurant are beautifully decorated and every detail and item has been put together by one of the most amazing interior designers. I can only describe it as a “bali like” feel and décor is represented throughout the resort.

The restaurant sits on the hill and offers the most amazing meals, with a wide selection of healthy good food and drinks to choose. The restaurant staff is so wonderful and are helpful with suggestions and the service in better than most restaurants. They give you lots of space and privacy, but always there when you need anything.

The view is breathtaking – but you can request for a table at various parts of the resort, with tables overlooking secluded private areas. One is at a waterfall, another at a cliff in the resort overlooking the blowhole. I was there and saw staff deliver snacks in the afternoon and later that same couple ordered dinner at the spa.

Whatever romantic place you can find and think of they will make it happen!! They will also accommodate any special food requests, vegan, gluten free and so on. Amazing chef and staff on call, and always happy to deliver your food or drinks orders wherever you may be.

There are many activities available if you want to be active. There is beautiful waterfall you can visit, or visit to a local village, go into town Savusavu, play golf with 9 holes, scuba, kayaking, SUP paddleboarding, tennis, windsurfing, a water trampoline, workout gym, horse riding, and others I can’t even remember.

I read somewhere before I left in a review that there was no entertainment.. and was worried. Trust me there is NO LACK of entertainment.

Namale offers daily laundry service so you can feel fresh and do all your activities with no worries. Also this gives you the ability to pack lighter.

The cleaning staff – I don’t know how they do it but they time there service perfect with never an interruption or intrusion to you while your in your room.

I played golf one day and another did some scuba diving. All the dive sites were within a short 20 minutes to the resort with beautiful colored reefs, white tip sharks, and some sea snakes. The Great White Wall which is famous for diving is there and also the marine reserve park.

Snorkeling is just as amazing as the diving, since most of the dive sites are pretty shallow. You can see most everything and the ocean floor surrounding the area 20 feet or so, and you will see almost everything you will see diving. The water was 25 temp (really warm) and clear visibility. The dive boat and gear is all nice – and they provide all the mask – snorkel – rash guards.

The sun is bright and you will need to bring or buy good sunscreen.

I would also recommend really really good mosquito spray. When I got home my neighbor recommended the Avon Skin so Soft – that is an amazing mosquito repellent (Deet Free) and also SPF 30 sun screen, with a great smell.

They do their best to control the mosquito’s and insects but due to the fact you are in a VERY tropical environment you will experience the usual critters. Good news though, no animals or snakes other than sea snakes in the ocean. The turndown service at night they lay out a mosquito net and close all the windows and turn on the aircon.

On Friday night they have a Fiji traditional dinner. Everyone at the resort meets during a cocktail hour and there is a buffet of traditional Fijian food. There is entertainment of the Fiji staff and dancers providing a cultural experience that if full of dance, song, and which all the hotel guests participate. There was also the traditional drinking of Kava, which is the root drink ceremony and tradition among the Fiji people.

After I and the other guests went to the Kava Bowl which is a super cool recreation room. It has entertainment center for music you want, 2 bowling lanes, 1 BIG Golf Simulator (one of the ones you would find in a pro golf shop) air hockey, ping pong. The golf simulator also doubles as a big movie screen. There is an area with popcorn and frig stocked with drinks, with a standup bar with glasses. As I mentioned there is drink service – we all ordered pitchers of drinks, bottles of wine, and had music going. It was so much fun.

The other amazing thing is the Namale Spa. It is amazing. It is set up so you can privately enjoy the spa and amenities on your own or get all of the traditional spa service massage and treatments. The Fiji spa products sold there are amazing, and all pure and natural.
There are relaxing rooms where you can lounge, listen to running water, spa music, and then there are private door closed treatment rooms with amazing views overlooking the ocean and blowhole.

There was maybe 5 special warm dipping / sitting individual spas with different treatments and fragrances available, with a hot Jacuzzi, cold water pool, shower, hot sauna room, and best of all a large massage waterfall where you sit on a bench below a gushing waterfall. I had the best massage I can remember at the Namale. After I just lounged around the different pools, sat under massage waterfall. I ordered some beers and some water and really enjoyed all the time at the spa. Great experience – and open every day until about 7 or so.

You get around the Namale by requesting a ride from any house or bure phone and a golf cart or car will appear to wisk you away to anywhere you want.

In the middle of the property there is a small basketball court with other places to dine and relax with chairs to read a book and lounge.

My thoughts on the Namale is you can have any kind of experience you want there. Your food / drinks can be tailored to your personal requests. There are areas that offer ultimate privacy where you can experience intimate moments and also other areas that allow to meet and interact with other guests.

On my last day the staff has informed they had prepared a cement a blank wet cement brink. They requested that I draw / write whatever and they will place it on the walkway my villa that will be there for my next return. They also provided me with a engraved wood sign with my name that hung from my room during my visit. Great marketing.

I highly recommend the Namale Fiji Resort & Spa. Come with an open mind, ,a good appetite, and let your ideas and senses run wild. You will create lifetime memories at this place, prepared to be pampered like you never have before. When you leave you will be sad to leave the warm Fiji people and rich culture.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank surfcali
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Bula Vinaka and thank you for your review.

It was a delight to read it and we; the Namale family, thank you so much for traveling to us and letting us look after you, pamper you and spoil you. Our ultimate outcome is to make sure that your guest experience is top notch and more than anything enjoyable and memorable. We trust that you will treasure the memories and we hope to have an opportunity in the not too distant future to look after you both again.

Vinaka Vakalevu on behalf of the Namale family,

Guest Relations Manager
Namale Resort and Spa

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I went to Namale for our honeymoon in Aug 2012 and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! The best way to describe this resort is that is seems like the most luxurious 5 star summer camp you'll ever visit! The staff takes care of every need and want you could think of and there are so many activities to plan! We are both the outdoors type and every day we had something planned whether it was a full day of scuba diving, or a tubing trip where the ocean meets a gorgeous lake, a morning hike to a waterfall where Namale had breakfast waiting for us, an afternoon snorkeling or simply ordering a few drinks while bowling!

I thought the food was great. I requested gluten free meals and they made every accommodation for me including packing me my own delicious lobster salad while I went scuba diving and baking me bread each morning. I loved being surprised one night with a private dinner where they escorted us to the beach where a candlelight dinner was waiting for us. So romantic!

The spa was fantastic and we went several times to enjoy the complimentary hydrotherapy where we'd get a bottle of wine, enjoy the scented pools and amazing view! I treated myself to a massage that included an open air room to the sound of the ocean....it was heaven!

The rooms are amazing! My husband and I even got the least expensive one as we didn't spend a lot of time there because we stayed busy with activities. I thought it was very nice and felt that we were treated just as important as guest paying much more. One morning we were greeted with two lizards that fell from the rafters! You are literally staying in a rain forest so beware! The staff quickly resolved the issue and we were not freaked out by it...it was actually quite a funny memory! Mosquitoes are HORRIBLE and it's simply due to being in a tropical place. The bug spray provided to you really did work but just make sure you do not forget it before stepping foot outside the room or you'll get eaten alive! They also provided spray for the room which I used to fumigate a few times before leaving in the morning...haha. It worked as I did not have any issues with bugs! The beds are equipped with mosquito netting which was reassuring so you would not have to worry about bugs while you slept.

We met a lot of great couples during the trip and made amazing memories! Tony Robbins had a conference going on at the same time and I have to say that they kept guests on the other side of the resort so it did not interfere whatsoever with our stay. They have seemed to organize that very well. I can go on and on about our experiences there! This place is SO WORTH IT!

Overall, a trip of a LIFETIME! I am so glad I heard about Namale and will daydream about our time there forever! Thank you!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AliAdkins

Bula Vinaka and thank you so much for your review.

We are delighted that you loved your Namale experience and thank you for choosing Namale. A year later and things have definitely improved from a bugs-in-paradise perspective :) The entire resort is fogged and sprayed constantly for mosquitoes and other tropical bugs so this has been minimized drastically. This is now a thing of the past and as such the outdoor guest experience is in fact on par with the indoor experience :) Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We totally appreciate it. It's Easter Sunday here in Fiji so Happy Easter to you, your family and everyone that you hold near and dear to you heart.

Vinaka Vakalevu
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Whilst Namale is predominantly a couples retreat that doesn't mean you won't have a magnificent time, meet people from a over the world & have a wonderful Fijian experience.
The spa is one of the best in the world, just like Namales owner, Tony Robbins, it delivers way more than you expect.
There's plenty of group activities to join, socialise or you can relax in the sunny Bures. Ocean view is the way to go, with room service all included, you never need leave your room.
There are private decks which you can book, have meals served just for you, again all included.
Cocktail hour is a great time to meet other guests, and the cocktail menu is comprehensive
The food is divine - mostly sourced locally, seafood is freshly caught and the meat & cheese is some of New Zealand's finest.
The best thing about the food is you can chose local dishes or typical Westin food so there's something for everyone.
The desserts are simply delicious, and keep even the most well healed of sweet tooths satisfied.
I attended the inaugural wellness retreat - daily yoga & Pilates. Nothing quite like hot yoga by the beach, holding that pose whist gazing out across the ocean. Instructor was top notch & experienced, welcoming & friendly.
The beaches whilst on a coral reef are beautiful for low tide exploring & the walk to the waterfall a lovely way to see Fiji's nature.
What to bring - bug spray, they have it here but if you have your own personal preference for brand or smell - you'll need it so bring it.
Sunscreen - byo & plenty of to reapply.
Long sleeve linen or sheer tops for evening - helps keep the bugs at bay. Same goes for pants, cool for coverage.
Thongs/flip flops/jandals are a must - you'll live in them - as is a swimsuit or two.
Tea tree oil for bug bites if you get bit, it's the tropics so avoid the mozzies.
The toiletries are all Pure Fiji which is divine. And there's no shortage of towels & beach towels to keep you dry & comfortable.
In room wifi means you're off or on the grid as much or little as you like, which is comforting in these 24/7 times.
Having attended Tonys seminars, I can say to truly enjoy the wonders of Namale come for a holiday or the week before the event. Experience the day spa, private dining & activities.

Room Tip: Siga ocean view room - large bure looking out over the ocean with its own sitting area and close to the pool only one bure away. Very effective air con so you can escape the heat indoors and sleep soundly at night
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Ncmr
NamaleResort, Guest Relations Manager at Namale Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear Natasha,

Bula Vinaka and thank you so much for your review. We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us for Namale's inaugural wellness retreat. Namale started off Fiji's spa business and we're delighted that we are able to do the same for wellness. We trust that you returned home feeling revivied, refreshed and energized.

Vinaka Vakalevu