“A Perfect Honeymoon” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Savusavu
New Jersey
“A Perfect Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

What an incredible experience! Service beyond compare!
It's quite a trek getting here but well worth the trip. Food was incredible. Our Bure was absolutely beautiful. Lunch would be served anywhere on the resort - and it would be delivered without a sound - we'd be in the water and turn around and there was our lunch with a bottle of champagne! A beautiful place!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 1MacDaddy
NamaleManager, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Bula and thank you so much for sharing your Namale experience with the readers here on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to the possibility of your making a return trip at some point in the not too distant future.

Vinaka Vakalevu
The Namale Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

The best feature is the wonderful Fijian staff and their service. Nothing is ever a problem to them.
Spectacular setting with extensive amenities but many of the buildings have steps in them and are not well lit. The food is good but not great and too often is cold when it arrives. Because of the large distances a "Bula" cart service is readily available. The Spa is as good as advertised.

Room Tip: A room with direct beach access is an advantage.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Bula Laurence;

Thank you for those kind words and taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. You gave us the same feedback about lighting and the stairs on your Guest Survey and we have been taking your recommendation to heart. We are just about finished with new night-lighting for all of the interior bure stairs and we have also re-done the non-slip surface on most (and soon to be all) of the steps. Thanks again for those insights and we look forward to seeing you again soon back here at Namale.

Bula Vinaka
Co-GM
Ridge, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Where do I begin? We stayed in a villa. Prepare to be pampered. Surroundings are breathtaking. Everyone is genuinely friendly. Plenty to do. accommodations were great. Pool and hot tub need updating: hot tub was put out of order during our stay, and pool looked dated, worn and water was too cold to enjoy. Fridge always stocked. The property has other pools and hot tubs to enjoy. My purpose for the trip was to reward my goddaughter for graduating high school with honors, and enrolling in college. I also wanted to show her what is possible in life through hard work and sacrifice. Thank you Arieta, Villi and Tomassi for making our trip unforgetable!

Room Tip: Ask for a particular villa well in advance or you may not get one, but all rooms seem nice
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Beverly H
NamaleManager, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at Namale and it was our pleasure hosting yourself and your goddaughter for your celebratory trip! On behalf of Arietta, Villi, Tomasi, and the entire staff here at Namale, Vinakavakalevu and we look forward to the possibility of a return trip at some point in the not too distant future.

All the best

Co-GM
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I've been contemplating for over a month now how can I possibly articulate how magical the Namale experience was for us this past June. Quite frankly I can't. Words won't fully express those special moments walking in the tide pools, being blasted by the blow hole, feeding the horses, swimming and snorkeling in the beautiful turquoise waters, bowling on a raining afternoon (yes, bowling...when was the last time you did that?), strolling along the manicured paths to the spa, dinning outdoors overlooking the ocean, golfing, diving, shopping and more. There is so much to do...and so much not to. It's up to you. I was touched in so many ways. Spiritually and emotionally by the surroundings, physically by the extraordinary work Mother Nature has done. You want to be outside exploring and active. Taking in as much as possible. Or, just sitting on the private balcony of our beautiful Bure listening to the ocean and watching the waves roll lazily upon shore.

The accommodations are gorgeous, simple and fit in to the lush landscape. Each Bure is private, never do you hear your neighbors or rarely do you see them except during dinning hours. We stayed in Siga with our names engraved on a wooden plate attached to the front door. It's yours to keep. Again, on the ocean with a spectacular view. Huge Bure with an enormous walk in closet, dual sinks, a spa tub and separate shower with a door that opens out to a view of the ocean and on to your private balcony. The bedroom was massive as was the separate seating area below which lead out to another balcony where you can have room service delivered anytime of day. I want me some Island Pancakes right now...deliscious! Internet, fully stocked fridge with juices, sodas and more. There's turn down service each evening and I still haven't figured out how they clean your room each day. They swoop in and it's done. I did say magical, right! I've seen some reviews where guest complained about furniture being worn or cracked tile at the pool, etc. I don't get it. If those types of things are distracting you or you obsess about them then stay home where you are in complete control of your environment. It's what surrounds you here at Namale that is perfect. If all you remember is a torn cushion or a cracked tile you certainly missed out.

The Dinning Bure and food were fabulous. Perched above the ocean with indoor and outdoor seating. There are several levels outdoors to enjoy your food. Take a few stairs and you have your own private table. Want to enjoy a dinner for two over looking the blow hole...done. No, then how about the waterfall or even a cave on the beach. All private, romantic and all yours for the asking. The menu varies by day with specials and staples like fish tacos and island pancakes. The food is fresh, the portions are perfect and the service delightful.

Finally, what makes this all come together are the Fijian people. I have traveled the world and never encountered such hospitality in my life. They are gracious, giving and happy. Smiles are the norm. Bula, bula aren't just words, but a way of life. You are greeted with song, embraced the moment you get there and quickly become part of the Namale Family. Everyone knows your name. From the beginning when Austin assisted us with our reservation and helped us with every detail from start to finish. When we met him at the resort he was even more charming. Taufa at reception was a delight, her smile contagious and a big Vinaka for finding my cell phone. Wise and his wife Tupou with her beautiful smile. Wise, somehow you always knew where and when we needed assistance and your serenade to Verna with your guitar we will cherish always. Emily, Mela and Miliame...I miss you. And for all the others I simply can't remember your names. Everyone was magnificent.

In fact, we miss you all so much we are planning a return trip sometime next year. It's the perfect escape and a close to Heaven on Earth as I can imagine.

Vinaka Vakelevu

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must...Siga
7 Thank Todd H
NamaleManager, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Bula Todd and on behalf of everyone here at Namale, a very heartfelt thank you for your kind words here on Trip Advisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time here with us in Fiji. It is always a treat for us to hear what aspects of someone's trip they remember most. In reading your contribution it seems as if you have quite a few. We hope that we may see you again, back at Namale, at some point in the not too distant future.

Vinankavakalevu,

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had read all the reviews and prepared this trip many months before our arrival and had stipulated and rechecked that we did indeed have the villa I had booked, yes no problems according to resort. I had also listed the activities we would like to do and our food preferences, simple requests, NO GARLIC , no spicy food and no curries all acknowledged by resort before leaving home. I wanted to relax during this holiday so made sure everything possible was done before leaving home.

I have edited this review right back as I did tend to harp on about the fact that the Villa we had booked was swopped for another without a simple email to inform us but have written what follows as if that did not happen.

Arriving into Savusavu airport is something either exciting or damn right scary depending on how far along the scale your adrenaline tolerance is.

Off to dining Bure for dinner at which time we were offered a plate of appetizers. Took one big bite of what looked like battered fish then wow some kind of sauce that blew my head off and required a large sip of a very yummy cocktail to extinguish, thanks for remembering our dietary preferences no hot or spicy foods.

Never mind, off to the table for dinner appetizer some spicy thai dish, main garlic potato, awkward, what to eat. Time to meet the Manager. Why bother to get guests to explain dietary preferences if they are ignored, oh he says it really is just for allergies etc not for preferences, so only to save your life and prevent you from going into anaphylactic shock otherwise we don’t care? really???
But no worries he goes on to say you can order anything you like from the kitchen, the menu apparently is just a guide. How that works I don’t know, stare at menu and then say, actually I would prefer a beef wellington with a nice port reduction with side of spinach?. Maybe not.
He explained that because we arrived on the afternoon flight instead of the morning flight we had missed all the info on dining options???????? why should that make any difference?. Food turned out to be the biggest disappointment for us as our
dietary preferences were always a challenge and we ended up eating allot of room service sandwiches just to avoid the hassle most days. Even got a loaf of garlic bread sent with our dinner room service on fifth and final night. Maybe have a white board in the kitchen were guests dietary preferences could be noted for example.

The resort is beautiful in a raw volcanic way, as has been mentioned before no beach to speak of but some really nice rocky lava flows.

Staff are really really lovely but lacking a leader keeping it all together on a daily basis.

The Villa Civa was lovely lots of space and two separate toilets which was nice. Had issues with the entertainment system, air con, phone not working etc but it was all sorted by various staff coming and going.

If you are really sociable and love your alcohol then this is the place for you, lots and lots of anything you want to drink and wide variety of cocktails. Pre dinner drinks at the dinner Bure is a very social time if that is what you like.

Spa top notch really great place.

Outdoor dining options are great had waterfall lunch very special. Cave dinner very nice.

Finally, with so much thought put into guests arrival, welcome song, lei, tropical drinks the departure was somewhat different.

Called for the golf cart this morning as we had luggage. Met by driver (not Villi who we just loved) announcing that the owner Tony Robbins had just touched down....... silence as I expect he wanted us to clap and show how excited we were, but no..... seem to be very big on celebrity here as we had already had the list of all the celebs who had stayed there reeled off by the manager with a good enough for them good enough for you attitude. Past the “owners residence” which can only be described as a king kong fortress to keep the prying eyes of guests away, fair enough I guess. Never seen so many staff members all lined up excitedly to welcome back their leader, at the expense of service to the rest of the guests I would imagine.

O.K driver asks have we signed our stone yet ???? um no. Wrong answer that just seemed to annoy him, so with a sigh off he rushes to “ready” the stone which turned out to be a slurry of very wet watery cement that collapsed back on itself as we wrote on it.

I was telling the driver I would like to use the bathroom back at our Villa having just completed breakfast before we left, to which he responded, just write anything on the stone doesn’t matter ??? Oh thats nice no-one cares what you write as long as the stone has been presented. Made us feel really special.And no acknowledgment to my now pressing need to use the bathroom.

O.K time to go back to villa for final toilet trip ... No I’m afraid not I expect it was being readied for the next guest, possibly from the newly arrived Robbins party. We were instructed that van was waiting to take us to airport and no we did not have time to go back to Villa, this 1 1/2 hours before domestic flight of 7 passengers and well before "check out time" ????????????.

Then off to airport where we sat for almost an hour before any of the other passengers from other resorts arrived and having to use the outdoor toilet at the tiny airport. Guys at airport told us check in closed half an hour before flight, appears most people know that and did just that.

Would we go again, hmm no, I have rated our top stays in fiji on a 1-5 scale.

Wadigi Island whole island charter. food 5, activities 5, beach 4, guest attention 5

Dolphin Island (Managed by Huka lodge) whole island charter. food 4, activities 3, beach 3, guest attention 5.

Taveuni Palms. Only three Villas,
food 5, activities 4, beach 3, guest attention 5

Namali food 3, activities 4 lots to do but many weather dependent, beach 1, guest attention 3, having said that, the staff give you 100% attention and really try their best, just would be so much more of a personal experience if individual couples needs and requirements where noted somewhere for everyone to access.

If you want an exclusive personal experience and if you can afford it, where just you and the man/woman you love matter then spend the extra and go to Wandigi Island, yes it costs more here but it is a ten minute helicopter/seaplane from Nadi airport and the whole time you are there it is all about just the two of you.

I have rated Namale four stars which is generous, I have done so because I do not want my review to reduce its trip advisor rating, just wanted to share our subjective experience. There are so many great reviews on trip advisor already, interestingly from first or second time reviewers??

9 Thank pakaxx
Bula and thank you for sharing your experience at Namale with the readers here on Trip Advisor. With only 19 bures and villas, the accommodations at Namale do tend to be quite unique. We do however have two identical oceanfront villas that are for all intents and purposes exactly the same. They are Dua Vata Villa and Civa Villa. They are approximately 100 meters apart from each other, were built simultaneously by the same construction team using the same plans and layout. They both face the same direction, have exactly the same amenities and features, and are both our most popular Villas. This couple did in fact reserve Dua Vata Villa. A few days prior to their arrival a maintenance item came up in Dua Vata that needed to be addressed. It was not an emergency however there was an opportunity, if we were able to move this couple to Civa Villa, to address it right away. We refer to these Villas as “sister” Villas so we saw no reason why there might be any issue on the part of the guest. We even checked to make sure that this party was not a repeat guest who might have had a sentimental attachment to Dua Vata Villa based on a previous stay.
Soon after the couple checked in they asked to speak with the general manager and I came to see them. They were quite upset about having their Villa changed. We had an extended conversation where I explained that their Villa, Civa, was an exact duplicate of Dua Vata but that did not seem to resolve the issue. Being absolutely truthful the two Villas are not exactly the same. Civa actually has slightly larger pool, and, is a bit more secluded. This is why Civa Villa is where the owners of Namale put many of their VIP guests. In an effort to emphasize this point I did share with them the names of some of the more famous guests of the owner that had stayed there with us. We of course won’t put those names in print but in the past, guests have found it both interesting and amusing to know that they now share something in common with a few Academy Award winning actors and Grammy Award winning performers. In the end we gave the couple a number of options to try to make things right which included cancelling the work we had scheduled to do in Dua Vata and relocate them to their originally reserved Villa, or, giving the a personally guided tour of Dua Vata Villa so that they could see for themselves that these two Villas were identical. By the following morning, about 18 hours after they had arrived, they told us that they were in fact very happy where they were and did not wish to move Villas. They also said that they did not feel that a tour of Dua Vata Villa was necessary and that they were very pleased with Civa Villa. Again, please accept our apology and we will be re-examining our policies about these situations in the future.
In regards to the comments about the dining experience; when I spoke with the couple on their first night and they told me that there were no items on the evening’s menu that fit with their food preferences, I had our chef come out to their table and speak with them about what they might like for dinner that evening. It was at that point that I suggested to them that they view the menu as a list of suggestions. That if there was something special that they would like for the chef to prepare for them throughout the week that they would be happy to do so. I also suggested if they could give the chef a days notice or so that they could prepare pretty much whatever they might like. While it is true that they may not be successful whipping up a Beef Wellington on the spur of the moment, give them 24 hours and they very well may surprise you. My understanding is that throughout the week the couple took advantage of this option on numerous occasions, much to the staff's delight.
Thank you again for your comments and the review. Thank you for all the nice things that you shared about the Spa, the Resort as a whole, and especially our staff. They are, without a doubt, what is most special about Namale. We are always striving to improve and excel. The comments and suggestions that our guests make here on Trip Advisor help us to do exactly that.
Vinakavakalevu
Co – General Manager
The Namale Resort & Spa - Fiji
Beverly Hills, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My boyfriend & I spent 5 nights at Namale in ocean bure "Siga"......absolutely amazing!!
I will preface by saying that upon check in we both had coughs & fever and were not feeling great, coming off an extraordinary 6 day Tony Robbins "Fiji Destiny" event the week prior.

The experience we had at Namale was absolutely amazing!!! The resort & grounds are breathtaking....rain or shine. The food is fantastic & our bure was gorgeous, everything we had hoped it would be. What made our trip truly extraordinary was the phenomenal staff, their warmth, kindness, attention & care.....like nothing I have ever experienced.
We had food brought to our bure on numerous occasions while trying to recuperate, we were brought large pots of piping hot fresh ginger, lime, honey concoctions to help soothe our coughs day & night. One night we hadn't shown up in the main bure for dinner & it was about 9:00 p.m, we received a call from the reception to see how we were feeling & to ask if we would like them to bring us dinner to our bure. (We had fallen asleep, were thrilled & of course said yes!)

Austin was the first of their staff we interacted with prior to arrival, he graciously scheduled our entire stay & arranged for a special chocolate birthday cake to be made & brought to the table our first night at Namale to celebrate my boyfriend's 50th birthday! Upon arriving for dinner that evening we were greeted by name at the main bure and Todd was wished "Happy Birthday"! The staff joined in singing him Happy Birthday (In English & Fijian) when the cake was presented! He was surprised & delighted!!

Taufa: at the front reception was lovely & just amazing throughout our stay, very helpful....I had some issues with my email provider & she was instrumental in helping me take care of this quickly. Vinaka!!

Wise: Took great care of us! He brought us to our bure upon check in with all our luggage and was always there along the pathways throughout the week with a warm smile & bula, offering to drive us anywhere we wanted to go.

At the main bure for meals, the staff was just outstanding (all of them)....(as a side note, they will also create a romantic meal for you anywhere you like..waterfall, blow hole deck, cave, on the beach etc.) if you let them know in advance. The food was great, everything we had was delicious, including the buffet dinner one evening, with more traditional Fijian foods & deserts. We had many staff members here that we were very fond of & can't wait to see again on our next trip to Namale. My honorable mentions are.....both Filo's, Mela, Tupou, Miliame, & Emily....these beautiful women were a delight, we looked forward to seeing them everyday, their service was outstanding!!! Rupeni the bartender was also wonderful & served us lattes, teas & sparkling waters to our hearts content! Samu delivered full meals to us several times and was great! On our very last day we were having lunch before leaving, our car came before we had time to have our dessert. Just as we were getting into our car to the airport, we were brought dessert on a beautifully decorated plate with cloth napkins & forks to eat on the way!!!
(Thank you Namale staff....we love you!!!)

The Spa: We had the most incredible couples "Ultimate Fusion Massage" with hot stones....this was AMAZING.....such a treat, I highly recommend this. (You may want to request Mere.R & Sala.....they were fantastic!!!). We will definitely get this again!!

If you're looking for an incredible experience you won't soon forget, in a magical setting....look no further! I would recommend staying no less than 3 nights to fully experience all it has to offer & be relaxed enough to take it all in.

Room Tip: If you have an opportunity to stay in an Ocean View bure....I highly recommend it!
      Cleanliness
5 Thank EXPLORING327
NamaleManager, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Bula and thank you so much for sharing your Namale experience here on Trip Advisor. On behalf of our entire staff, it was a pleasure serving you both and we are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Even in light of the fact that you were feeling a bit "under the weather" when you arrived.
Also, it was very thoughtful on your part mentioning so many of our staff members by name in your review. I know they were all thrilled when they read your review online. We all look forward to the possibility of seeing you return to Namale at some point in time in the not too distant future.

Vinaka Vakalevu

Co - GM
Brewster, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

My husband and I eloped and chose Namale as our destination. We stayed here for two weeks. We couldn't have a chose a better place for the most important time of our lives. From day one of planning, Namale did everything to be sure our stay and wedding/honeymoon was absolutely perfect! Once we arrived, the perfection continued. We were graciously greeted by welcoming staff, who after the first few hours knew our names and took the time to get to know us. Throughout our stay, each staff member became a friend. We can definitely say we have a Namale family now.

We stayed in the Rosi bure which was out of this world. It exceeded our expectations! It was clean, cozy, and beautiful! We had private access to the beach, a pool, hot tub, deck, etc. They stocked the mini fridge each day with water and drinks. The best part is each day when the room is cleaned, they leave a lovely message on the bed made of flower petals. Also, upon arrival we had a special door sign with our names on it. After we got back from our wedding night, they had changed the sign to our married name. We got to take home both! Namale also offers complimentary laundry service which we ended up using since we weren't quite used to the hot and humid weather.

The food was out of this world! All food and drinks were included so we did not have to worry about a thing. There was not one meal we were disappointed with. For the two weeks we were there, each day the menu was different. Namale also offered special lunches and dinners. On our wedding night, they set up a secret dinner which was in a candlelit cave, just the two of us! We also got to eat lunch by a waterfall, and on those lazy nights, we were able to have our meals sent to our room. Also, each night at the restaurant, there is entertainment that captures true Fijian culture.

The activities Namale offers were not only fun, but one of a kind! We highly recommend the Salt Water Drift and of course snorkeling! We also got the chance to go on a Dolphin tour where we saw about 100 dolphins! A memory we will never forget! Along with the many daily excursions, Namale also has many fun things to do on the resort itself such as the entertainment room called the Kava bowl- with indoor bowling, ping pong, music, and movies as well as there amazing spa!

There are so many other wonderful things to say about Namale! I could be here for days writing about Namale's perfection. It's truly a #1 resort and worth the experience, cost, travel, etc. We continue to look at all the pictures from our stay and can't wait to come back!

Some pointers to give, bring reef shoes! At low tide it is so much fun to walk out across the coral and of course this cannot be done without protecting your feet! Also, always take bug spray with you when venturing off. The resort provides plenty for you so you don't even have to worry about packing it.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Rosi bure. It is very private, huge, and felt like home. There was a private pool...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
5 Thank Jo Ana B
NamaleManager, General Manager at Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Bula Jo Ana;
We are all so grateful that you chose Namale for your wedding and honeymoon and as we read your comments here on Trip Advisor, we could not be happier that we were able to make your experience special for the both of you. It was truly our pleasure and our privilege to make your wedding and honeymoon memorable.

From your Namale family here in Fiji
Vinaka vakalevu
We hope to see you again soon

Bill keefe
The Namale Resort & Spa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Daku Resort
#11 of 13 in Savusavu
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
#9 of 13 in Savusavu

Been to Namale the Fiji Islands Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!