“Better than we ever could have imagined!”

Namale Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
USA
“Better than we ever could have imagined!”
Reviewed 24 September 2009

We chose Namale for our honeymoon, and I have to say the best thing about this resort is the amazing staff! I can't say enough about them! They all know your name, always say hello, and they all go above and beyond to make your stay absolutely perfect. They are fun, friendly, and are all genuinely good people. The service at this resort is perfect. If we needed anything, we usually didn't even have to ask - it was taken care of. When we did ask, it was done within minutes - or less. The food is excellent, the bar (and bartenders) are excellent. Some all-inclusives tend to be lacking on the food & drink side, but not Namale. We had lobster, steak, and many other delicious meals all prepared to our liking. The menu changes every day (except breakfast), but they will make you whatever you want, and serve it to you anywhere at the resort - on the beach, in your room, at the pool, at their waterfall - you name it. Excellent wine selection, as well. The bures and villas are all huge, very private, and have every amenity you would want. The Kava Bowl has an indoor bowling alley, virtual golf, wireless internet, Apple tv, hundreds of movies to watch on a giant movie screen, video games, and more - for rainy days. The spa is spectacular! I am a spa junkie, and I had the best facial and massage there! The grounds are beautiful, as well. Aside from how beautiful the rooms and grounds and scenery are, I have to keep coming back to service and staff. The people there really enjoy their work, and you can see they take pride in it. We've stayed at many nice resorts around the world, and this is the best we've ever been to - and mainly because of the staff. Love Namale! We will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
allisonc2002
Reviewed 10 September 2009

My husband and I went to Namale on our Honeymoon and we can't say enough. First the staff is one of a kind! I have never experienced service like this and we have stayed at a lot of high end places. The entire staff knows you by name, the arrange everything for you - I mean they thought of things I never even thought of and that is amazing! The spa is the best - again the ladies will treat you and take care of you like you are family. From the diving staff to reception to spa to the bula cart driver - everyone will treat you like you are family.

We loved our rooms - we stayed in one of the honeymoon suites - Nancy which we loved!!! Very unique and different the all the other rooms. We also stayed in one of the villa's - it was just a little over the top for our style. Huge! Everything was huge - the villa, pool. But if it's your style go for it. You get apple tv, surround sound and wireless intranet.

Food is great! And if you don't see anything on the menu just let them know and they will probably be able to make it for you. And you can't beat getting all your alchol included! Loved Vuelve for free! Drank it everyday!

If you are thinking of going here don't even hesitate. I know the website doesn't let you in to everything it has to offer. But if you are looking for a place with character and want to experience first class service go to Namale!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
austin, tx
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Namale was amazing. Everything from the staff that was amazingly intimate yet gave you space to the wonderful guests, the food, awesome activites and beautiful setting made it a perfect honeymoon. You really got to know people if you wanted to, and yet the resort allows for ultimate privacy. Never have I been somewhere that really gives you whatever you want whenever you want until here. Everything was beautiful, and the smiles never ended. Please come here on your honeymoon! I think it's also great for a family because everyone can do their own thing and come home for dinner. They will cook to whatever dietary needs you have as well. I can't wait to come back here and I was so sorry to go. They really do a great job!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
Reviewed 16 July 2009

I don't know what the naysayers don't see in this place. I take several 5 star trips a year and this place blew away all my expectations. Literally, we were weeping when we left after seven days. First and foremost the staff are incredible. Everyone, from the manager down to the ladies cleaning the rooms, introduce themselves to you, and then they remember your name, without fail, from that point forward. Everyone is so friendly its crazy. The spa was fantastic. I have about 500+ dives logged, and I thought the dive shop was great - very very very good service, very knowledgable, and they catered to all of our preferences. The food was also amazing. Its not an extensive menu - 3 appetizers, 3 entrees, 3 deserts, each for lunch and dinner. But it changes with every meal, and I have to say I went out on a limb a couple of times and proved that pretty much everything is fantastic, even if it doesn't sound fantastic. The soups in particular, they combine the wierdest ingredients, but in 7 or 8 days there we had a dozen or so soups and I've never been anyplace with such great soups. Of course we and other guests would from time to time just say that we were in the mood for "lobster tail" or a "hamburger" or whatever, and they would make it with a smile, even when it wasn't on the menu. Oh, and don't feel like going to the dining bure? Just give them a call and they'll deliver it to your own bure, or to a bluff overlooking the ocean, or to the beach, or to the pool, or to a secluded waterfall, etc.etc. The pool, the beach, the activities, the KAVA BOWL on the occasional rainy day, all top notch. Oh and nonstop champagne! We're already planning our next trip back!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2009

My husband and I went to Namale on our honeymoon and loved every second of our trip! This might be long, but I hope I help any couple who is choosing their honeymoon destination.

The Namale workers were some of the most amazing, generous, and caring people I had ever met. It started when we landed at the Nadi airport – Mere was there to greet us and help us get on our next (very small and exciting) plane just to have a Namale van there to pick us up when we landed. Throughout our stay, we were treated as guests and friends. All of the workers wanted us to have our favorite foods and drinks at all times, to enjoy all the activities Namale had to offer, to learn about the Fijian culture, and to have our very own unique Fijian experience. When we decided to attend a Church service on a Sunday morning, we learned that the Church services were conducted in the Fijian language; however, when it was time for a Namale employee to read a scripture, she read/spoke to us in English so we were able to understand parts of the service. Also, when Kevin and I decided to venture downtown on our own, a Namale employee recognized us when it was raining and called the resort to have a shuttle pick us up a few minutes early – this was on her day off. Even though Kevin and I loved how romantic and secluded this resort is, it was nice to feel like you had friends around the resort that you could talk to, laugh with, and relax with when you wanted it!
We spent the first 5 nights in a honeymoon bure with our own private beach. The room was fully loaded with wine, beer, and cookies (all of our favorite things ). We loved the bathtub that overlooked the water. Even though there are some complaints about no air conditioning, I do have to say there is no need! There’s a beautiful breeze through the day and night! The second 5 nights we decided to upgrade to the most amazing place I’ve ever been. Our upgraded room had the pool that overlooked the water, a huge closet, an amazing bathroom/bathtub that opened up to the pool, and our own dining room. If I have any say, you must spend a night or two here! I doubt I’ll ever have a better experience on any vacation I go on. When you’re looking on the website, the villa is called Duavata. We sat by the pool every chance we could, having a few drinks and listening to the large assortment of music downloaded for us. Once the staff heard our music, they always came to say hi with a fresh beer  I do have to say that having the pool was a great part of the trip – the beach is nice, but it’s hard to swim in the water since the coral comes up to the sand. On the hotter days, we really enjoyed lying out and going swimming.
All the things we LOVED about Namale include the beautiful scenery, fresh flowers everywhere, the spa, the food, the service, the people, KAVA nights with beautiful music, our room, the snorkeling, the other couples we met (almost everyone is on a honeymoon, it’s cute), the blowhole, tubing, horseback riding, and taking a private jet back to the main island after our 10 nights were over (this isn’t included, but since it was rainy, Namale allowed us to ride back to the main island on Tony Robbins jet that he flew in on at no additional cost). One of the best days is when we went into town to watch a rugby game – this isn’t one of the scheduled activities, but if you ask, they’ll take you anywhere. There was a big tournament that weekend between all the Fijian villages – even some of the Namale employees were playing. We spent the afternoon watching so many villages play each other. We even watched the closest village to Namale place 3rd in the whole competition! I think everyone on the island was watching the games and the kids looked like they had the best time!
I would absolutely go back to Fiji and to Namale; however, I think next time I would visit two different resorts instead of staying at just one location. I do not think I would ever want to stay on the main island because its noisy, crowded and a little too much like the Caribbean. On our island, it was so incredibly peaceful and beautiful. Also, where we stayed, since it was in the rain forest, it did rain and/or get cloudy some days. I think I’ll add a trip to the Yasawa islands when I come back.
Thanks again Namale – we can’t stop talking about our trip!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Celle, Germany
Reviewed 20 May 2009

Our stay at Namale Resort was like a trip to paradise!
The wonderful nature all around, the lovely people making our holidays be part of the Namale family, the bures - we stayed in one named "MARAU", fijian meaning of happy - , the very delicious kitchen - it's all perfect! Thank you so much - Vinak vak levu!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 3 May 2009

Our holiday to Namale Resort was a dream come true. I could not have asked for anything more. The grounds and bure's were absolutely beautiful, and the people were so wonderful. I can honestly say I have never been treated so well in my entire life. The staff at Namale truly care about you and want to do everything they can to make sure you are enjoying yourself. If the Garden of Eden truly exists, it is Namale Resort!

We chose Namale for our "WeddingMoon" and once again the staff made our wedding the most memorable day of our life. They took care of everything for us, we had absolutely no stress!

I would HIGHLY recommend Namale Resort. It was the best holiday I have ever taken, and it was very hard to leave. They made us feel like part of their family, and there were many tears when it was time to leave!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank TJSMinneapolis_MN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Savusavu
Savasi Island Villas
#8 of 12 in Savusavu
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
Korovesi Sunshine Villas
#9 of 12 in Savusavu

Been to Namale Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!