“fake, money-grubbing, ran down”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jean-Michel Cousteau Resort Activities
Aachen, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“fake, money-grubbing, ran down”
Reviewed 13 July 2013

First of all I've been traveling and living in Fiji the last three years. This might be a reason why my review is so much different from the others I've been reading here...Mid of June I stayed in Savusavu for a couple of days at a friends place and since I wanted go diving and Jean-Michel Cousteau was the only resorts offering dives on this day in the afternoon I agreed to go with them...They told me it was 190F$ for a two-tank dive local price...That's reasonable for Fiji I think and also for most of the better resorts...When I arrived I was surprised about the house-rules I got handed out and the staff was VERY friendly. I mean Fijians are one of the best people I know so far, but this seemed to be too much and very insincere. At least at the reception and the restaurant and bar area. The people at the dive shop were nice and we discussed everything about the dive (two-tank dive!). And they had very professional boats and equipment. And they told me it was even 120F$ instead of 190F$..Local price. After the first dive (which was one of the worst so far in Fiji. Reef all dead and they promised to go to a good spot at the beginning) they returned to the jetty. After asking about the second dive (I booked a two-tank dive) they told that they can't do it today anymore...A bit disappointed I wanted to pay and suddenly they charged 120+60=180F$ for this one-tank dive...For 10 dollar more they promised a two tank...I was arguing with them and they told I had to talk to somebody at the reception. I had to wait for 30min. While walking around and looking, I recognized the whole resort was in quiet bad condition. The coconut fans on the roof were partly coming down, the pool was dirty, the terrace was dirty, the beach was not even nice...But I have to admit the restaurant was very nicely made and looked promising...

Anyway I ended up paying this expensive dive, cause nobody was able to comply with my issue...But since they asked me to write a review at tripadvisor I thought this would be a good time to do so...I never had major problems in Fiji. Usually all the people are very nice and welcoming and they are helpful. This I couldn't see over there...Maybe they got all the bad manners and the money-instinct from all the European/western people...But whoever wants to have a super nice time in Fiji, wants to enjoy beautiful beaches, wants to go diving, wants to come with kids I can just say "Look for another resorts!"...Fiji has so much more to offer. Even on Viti Levu.

11 Thank RevealYourDream