Daku Resort
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjj and deliayoga retreatyoga platformlong tableother guestscommunal tablepool houseroad scholarsavusavu bayinteresting peopletaxi ridedive packageowners and stafffijian familygreat companyocean view bureceiling fan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 February 2012

I recently stayed at Daku resort in Savusavu.
I had 7 days there.
The owners and the staff are all lovely. I got picked up at the airport, even though I hadn't asked to be, and was made to feel most welcome by everyone at Daku.
My Bure was lovely, high ceilings, two beds, bathroom, nice porch overlooking the water which was only 20 metres away.
The food was fresh and healthy.
They have a great Yoga platform so I practiced yoga every day, looking at the beautiful ocean.
I scuba dived two days, and the owners very kindly organised that for me and drove me down to the Cousteau resort where the diving goes from. The four dives were awesome and the divemasters very knowledgeable and professional.
I even had a game of tennis with JJ, the owner and he beat me 6/0, 6/0, 6/0. So i'l have to go back to try and get a game off him.
When my flight home was cancelled because of bad weather, Reception kindly rebooked my domestic and international flights for me. All in all I had the best week. I'll definately go back, Thanks guys!

Room Tip: They're all good, mine was the most basic but you can get a whole house or a bure with a pool and kitchen. theres lots to choose from. All have beautiful views.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank jenny p
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We spent 14 wonderful days enjoying all the amenties of Daku Resort this past Christmas. We had a Bayview Villa with a huge deck that had a wonderful ocean view. The location of the resort was very convenient with town being within walking distance, or a very short cab ride away. Resort owners JJ and Delia were always there to recommend and set up daily activies, whether you did the daily organized activities for all the guests or special requests for private trips. We rented the resort boat and went snorkelling (which was fantastic), took a day trip to watch a resident pod of dolphins, and did some great scuba diving with the Cousteau team. There is a nice variety of restaraunts in the small town of SavaSavu. We had the most amazing meals at a little place called the Surf and Turf. We also went to visit a local village that makes great coconut oil. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: pick the bayview villa
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This resort is lovely, serene, and makes you feel like you are in a home away from home. Stay away from the touristy, expensive resorts, and instead choose this affordable yet beautiful place. There was also very nice hiking just behind the property. JJ was a wonderful host and made you feel like part of the family. I highly recommend the Pool House for accommodation as it had its own private pool plus a full kitchen. WiFi was only available in the main clubhouse area, but at least it was available. It was nice meeting friendly people from all over the world there. We had a couple of minor issues with our room but they were handled efficiently. The only other thing that I would say is that the menu items were limited for vegetarians. All the staff were wonderful, though. I highly recommend staying here!

Room Tip: I love the Pool House room...have your own private pool with a full kitchen and split floor plan with two bedrooms. Wonderful!
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunshineDiver
Reviewed 24 January 2012

7 nights at Daku will not be enough. Whether you are lounging all day by the pool, feeding on an array of delicious meals or taking in the sights of the surroundings, you will not want to leave when the time comes.
There were activities to do everyday, whether snorkelling, canoeing, bush walking, and any other activities on the island were organised with minimum fuss. Close to the town centre for shopping of souvenirs.
The staff couldn't be any more helpful and friendly if they tried. I had one of the best massages I have ever had in my life with Carlo, the resident masseur, make sure to try the scrub and massage option.
Delia and John are delightful hosts and go beyond to ensure that your stay at Daku is memorable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MichelleJayne
Reviewed 24 January 2012

My mum and I spend I week at Daku on a yoga retreat in January and we had a blast of time! We were welcomed with opeded arms and none of our requests were ever too hard. All the staff were incredibly friendly, helpful and accomaodating and we were welcomed as family when we arrived and treated like family throughout our whole trip. The yoga was an incredible experience in a high, open yoga "room" looking out over the whole bay, and oh the serenity hearing the nature and ocean crashing below us. The accomodation was great and we always looked forward to returning to a nice clean room following yoga and an incredible breakfast. All the food was immacualtely presented and absolutely delectable! In summary, great service, accomodation and food. And finally, great tennis! Thanks to JJ, occasional-in-house-owner for his almost daily hits of tennis!! Great work Daku family!! I would highly recommend you to anyone!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family