Daku Resort
Korovesi Sunshine Villas(Savusavu)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$985
US$887
Gecko Lodge Fiji(Savusavu)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$65
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsjj and deliayoga retreatyoga platformlong tableother guestscommunal tablepool houseroad scholarsavusavu bayinteresting peopletaxi ridedive packageowners and stafffijian familygreat companyocean view bureceiling fan
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently spent 5 days at Daku Resort, and after 3 weeks of travelling what a blessing it was to be able to relax in such beautiful surroundings. The villas were comfortable, clean and every convenience was considered. The staff were very friendly and informative and I highly recommend the in house dinners. Yoga in the specially crafted yoga platform overlooking the spectacular views of SavuSavu was a highlight. I entirely enjoyed my stay at Daku Daku.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Diving at JMC and staying at Daku left us spending very little time at the resort, which was perfectly fine as we weren't looking for luxury or opulence offered by more expensive resorts. Daku was comfortable, clean and the staff very obliging. Transfers to JMC and/or Savusavu were readily organised by the forever helpful Kenny, George, Carlo, Raj and last but not least JJ. The familiar atmosphere during meals meant a set menu at a large table with all the other resort guests. If this is not your go, a taxi fare into Savusavu is only FJ$ 4 and there are various dining options in town. This was our first time in Fiji and we loved it. Remember to switch to Fiji time and forget - if you can - to wear a watch ;)
Diving was fabulous, coral and fish life very healthy and abundant - the JMC dive staff knowledgeable and as helpful as all other people we met.
We will certainly consider Daku again as it suited our needs perfectly.

Room Tip: We stayed in Bure 3, overlooking a beautifully tended garden and seaview beyond. A double bed and a single bed in a spacious room, bathroom with 2 sinks and a very large shower recess. Room had small bar fridge, aircon (not needed) and a 3-speed fan. Coffee/tea making facilities.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This trip was arranged through Road Scholar formerly Elder Hostel. We enjoyed the friendly staff and family atmosphere. All residents can get to know each other and eat together if they wish. There is some one always available to ask questions of or to help you. A couple chairs in our room would be nice so you didn't have to only sit on the bed or outside on the veranda. Got a few mosquito bites outside but not in the room so the little repellent machine must have worked. If insects and geckos bother you then Fiji is not for you. Our room had a fan and air conditioner. If the fan was able to be turned up higher, I don't think we would have had to use the air conditioner at all. More towels available at the pool would be nice.
We only stayed a day and a half because I broke my wrist (slipped on algae on concrete boat ramp, me not being careful enough!). JJ was a real help in this emergency. He helped make arrangements to get my husband and I on the plane home as quickly as possible. We hope to try this snorkeling adventure again here next year .

Room Tip: Not there long enough to walk the whole property.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I have just spent a week at a beading workshop at Daku Resort , at Savusavu. Also there at the same time, was another group attending a pastel drawing workshop. I had a wonderful time, and hope to return in 2014 if the beading course is run again. When we were there, the owners Delia and JJ were away , and it was run ably by Raj, and Keni, his family and staff, who referred to us as 'family' and treated us with great kindness and warmth. I had Bure 1 to myself, it had a double and a single bed, a bathroom with toilet, two hand basins and a very generous shower recess. The bed was comfortable, the unit was serviced every day, it was clean, comfortable, bright and airy. There was a ceiling fan that I used, and an air conditioner that I didn't turn on. Adequate storage space, locked drawer for my valuables, desk for writing, mosquito coils, - and a small verandah with 2 padded chairs and a table. The verandah overlooked the lovely garden, and past the garden, the sea was visible. There was a can of fly spray that I didn't need. I opened all the shutters and slept with just the flywire screens closing in the room. Keni's wife Mereoni oversaw all the meal preparation, and everyone loved the food - which usually had a Fijian influence. Mereoni gave us a demonstration of Tapa painting, and described the preparation of the cloth. We were able to order a Tapa picture to our own design, and Mereoni prepared these for sale. Keni often gave a talk during meal time about aspects of Fijian life, and he escorted us to a village where the adults sang for us and the children danced. We were introduced to kava, and invited to try the beverage. Karlo of the Magic Hands was available for massages, his wife Dee helped with catering and on reception. In the evening, if we begged enough, the family would sing a Capella for us, - a precious experience, they sang like angels. This is a resort with a Fiji flavour, run by Fijians, and often to Fiji time. There is a nice pool that was cleaned each morning while we had breakfast on the open verandah. I didn't find the sea very attractive, as it had a coral beach and the sand was dark, however, others in the group swam and enjoyed it.
Just one morning there was no hot water for the shower. I would have liked a desk lamp on the writing desk. Don't expect O.H.& Safety standards that we are used to in Australia. A handyman would have a wonderful time here. Some light bulbs were blown, some toilets ran all the time - ( something that concerned me as I came off a farm where water was precious. ) No toiletries were provided except for soap. No hair dryers in the rooms. Don't get your knickers in a knot if things don't run to time, - this is Fijitime. Relax, rest, enjoy the pace, the peace, the beauty and the Fijians. Now, if you are looking for a shiny, plastic, 5 star resort, Daku is not it. It is quiet, quirky, secluded, set in spacious tidy grounds, populated by numerous birds, staffed by lovely warm people who go out of their way to make your stay with them very special.

Room Tip: There are units for groups and families, a unit with its own plunge pool, and units for single people. Ask about the location if you have any difficulty walking up hills, - Raj changed the location of my room because I needed a walking stick when I arrived there.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Lots of single beds in cottage. Beds not really made. No couch or chairs for sitting. No hot water in bathroom sinks. Noise from cars going by on road. Lights blinked in and out. Nice pool area but pool not very clean. Limited wifi only in lobby. Bug spray cans in every room. Bathrooms not very clean. Grounds Beautiful. Food was OK but no options. Too far to walk to town for other restaurants after dark. Beach is mostly rocks, no chairs or places to sit. One of the cheaper options in the area but even then overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple