“Beautiful Paradise”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Sydney, Australia
“Beautiful Paradise”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I had the most wonderful time attending a week long painting work shop with 10 wonderful ladies from Australia and New Zealand and excellent teacher Elena Parashko. Also with the amazing site seeing and excursions planed.
The Management and staff were outstanding and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just returned from a wonderful week long yoga course (with the amazing Deidre-Lee Allen) at Daku Resort and I have had the most amazing time! Daku Resort is a little piece of paradise with a big heart. The welcoming and wonderful staff at Daku are truly amazing, the food absolutely delicious and the island cocktails delightful. I have so many highlights there are too many to mention them all individually but don’t miss the amazing massages on offer at Daku, the local Savusavu markets and the stunning snorkelling. At the end of my stay I truly didn't want to leave...this is a very special place indeed! Thank you to JJ, Delia and all the wonderful Daku staff/family for making my stay so special and memorable.

Plimmerton, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I have just returned to New Zealand from a week long yoga holiday at Daku in Fiji. The resort was stunning, the service amazing, food beautiful, and the planned excursions gave us the experience of real Fiji. My son and I felt like part of the Fijian family who looked after us. Our morning and evening yoga practices felt amazing, all the aches and pains disappeared moving in the perfect temperature in Fiji, the sunset sessions simply stunning and restful. The massages were a real highlight for us all. Carlo you have healing hands and you are so professional. Thank you for pampering us with your coconut scrubs, hot stones and of course your hands! I have brought back coconut oil and the essence of Fiji to NZ and am determined to carry on the attitude of being in the moment into the NZ way of life - I will be back next year in June!!!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Staying at Daku Resort is an exceptional experience. The management and close knit staff welcome all guests as part of their family. Daku has the atmosphere of a home away from home and so much more enriching for the spirit than staying at the large impersonal resorts which are prolific on the main island. Highly recommended for those who want to experience the heart and soul of traditional Fiji.

Room Tip: Most rooms have views of Savusavu Bay.
Berkeley, California
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just came back from two weeks in fascinating Fiji, having spent ten nights at Daku Resort. Fiji itself is phenomenal--the Fijian people are SO gracious, warm, and friendly; the weather in June was PERFECT--not too hot, not too much rain; the sea is SPECTACULAR--clear turquoise with the most abundant coral, fish, and other colorful sea creatures of various shapes, sizes, and designs! And nothing dangerous!

At Daku Resort, we had ALL of the above, plus a lovely bungalow of our own (a bure') with a view of the sea from our back deck, both a fan and AC; it was cleaned fastidiously every day, which included refreshing the beautiful flower arrangement!. Wonderful shower--powerful, hot, and big enough for two! Daku provided exceptional meals--three a day--that were both healthy and gourmet, as well as an open bar. At dinner we sat with Delia and JJ, the charming proprietors, as well as the other Daku guests who were interesting and intelligent. Daku Resort's location is within walking distance to snorkeling (at the foot of the driveway) and village shops.

Delia and JJ arranged memorable activities for us including snorkeling, hiking, yoga, and visits to other parts of Vanua Levu. My favorite was a visit to a Fijian village, where we were welcomed with coconut water, fresh fruit, flower leis (Fijian style), and a sacred kava ceremony. Then the villagers sang and danced for us! It was spectacular!

Our whole Daku experience was unforgettable! I felt I was in a dream!! I was sorry to leave and I'd go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Not sure how to login and this review is by Henry from Hong Kong

1st surprise: JJ - owner of the resort, actually came to the savusavu airport and pick me up and give me a warm welcome even without me asking and telling him which flight I was on from Nadi!

2nd surprise: Every night, JJ and Delia would host a long table with all the guests having dinner together! Its such an amazing experience, you really get know the other guests deeply through all the the toasts and chit chats

3rd surprise:Shoulder dislocation: The first night I arrived I was so inspired by the Fiji scenery and weather, I did some really extreme yoga stretching and dislocated my shoulder, I was admitted to the hospital and the doctor somehow could not fixed it for 9 hours!!!

4th surprise: The quality of the guests! - the next morning when all guests knew that I have a shoulder dislocation, one of the guests was actually a shoulder doctor!! He came and fix me in just 5 minutes with no extra pain added!!!

I would definitely recommend Daku for anyone who does not just want to stay in a hotel/resort in Fiji, but really want to have an amazing experience!

One star deducted because of my shoulder dislocation on the first night ;-)

2 Thank Henry C
Gualala, California
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Everything one could want from a Fiji vacation, and much more! As a couple, and part of a 5-day "Oxbridge Forum," we found wonderful hospitality and made great friends at the same time. The staff and proprietors went out of their way to look after their guests, and did so because they were genuinely interested in helping their guests in have the best of times, and in getting to know them.

Fantastic scenery, accommodations, snorkeling, and friendly Fijians. Treasured memories.

Room Tip: The ocean-facing Bures are ideal for couples.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple