“Excellent”

Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Savusavu
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

My husband and I just returned from our trip to Savusavu. We had an amazing stay! Naveria Heights is absolutely gorgeous! The views can't be beat. Breakfast is lovely. The rooms gorgeous. Sharon is a blast! Her tours were as fun as can be. I cannot recommend this place highly enough!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
München
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Best place to stay in Savusavu. The lodge is up on the hill, one can walk up 15 minutes or take a taxi. The view is amazing and worth the walk. Everything is very luxury and clean. Sharon assists in realizing your dreams regarding land and underwater excursions. Two dive shops can be reached by taxi and the dive sites there are amongst the best in the world. We liked the place, the staff and the private and relaxed atmosphere. Not to forget the natural and healthy breakfast on the terrace with the stunning view. M & H from Munich, Germany.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marion R
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My stay at Naveria was enjoyable but could have been better with just little improvements.
Pros :
- amazing views (probably the best of the island) but does mean you are on a very steep hill (hard to get down to town)
- very welcoming home with beautiful bedrooms and daily cleaning
- delicious home-made breakfast

Cons :
- internet is shut down at 8pm (what if you are a student/businessman and need to work?)
- suggested activities are very expensive for what they are even though enjoyable

In all I think this place is ideal for couples who just want to be by themselves and relax but maybe not for more active people on a tight budget.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Mackay
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I stayed for a week wellness retreat and loved it. Both nourishing and active, the schedule was tailored to my requests. Facilities and people are lovely and the service was excellent. This is a small, quiet lodge that caters to a minimal number of guests, guaranteeing privacy. Each room is warm and inviting and has ensuite and private balcony. There's plenty to do, activities included hiking, river tubing, village visits, stand up paddle boarding and kayaking and dinners in local restaurants. I was looking for a week somewhere overseas but close to Australia where I could experience a new culture, have some fun, some private time and come home feeling healthy and rested. Naveria Heights Lodge delivered everything I needed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Rhonda S
San Diego, California
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We enjoyed our first two nights in Fiji at Naveria Lodge - a beautiful, tranquill haven overlooking the bay. Panoramic views from the breakfast table, the pool and from our private patio took our breath away. The room decor was Fijian, with a comfy bed covered with a mosquito net. It stayed cool at night with the ceiling& portable fans running. No A/C, but it wasn't needed anyway. We slept so well we didn't even feel jet lagged. Breakfast was great. The homemade muesli & breads are the best! A paved footpath leads down the hill through lush tropical gardens and connects with the main road that goes into Savusavu where we went for lunch & dinner. The way back up the hill was a good workout. If you'd rather take it easy, just ask the staff to call Taiyab for a 4x4 taxi ride to/from town. (I would definitely not recommend driving up without 4x4.) The staff is friendly and helpful. The only reason why we didn't give Service a 5 star rating is because we couldn't access the WiFi, and with Sharon out of town the staff didn't know how to get it working. Also, when we arrived the beer was running low and it wasn't cold, so we had to wait for it to sit on ice for a while. The lemonade welcome drink was nice & refreshing, though! We'd love to go back for another stay and highly recommend Naveria Heights. Savusavu's best value for the money, no doubt!

Room Tip: The Queen Size Ocean View room is perfect for a couple with 2-3 pieces of luggage. If you want more...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Himne
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at Sharon's place to relax, rewind and kick start my fitness regime after a hectic few months at work. If this is what you are after then I highly recommend it! It felt as though I was just staying at a friend's place. I did the detox/wellness program which was perfect as all meals etc are included and you don't have to THINK about anything. The first 3 days were a juice cleanse and I never felt hungry with the amazing shakes Sharon and the staff were whipping up for me. Sharon took me out for adventures every day including horseriding, paddleboarding and jungle hikes. I also received massages and beauty treatments each day of the treatment which were better than services you can get back in Aus. I lost a bit of weight but more importantly left feeling really refreshed and happy. The views are spectacular and the staff are incredibly nice and helpful. I will definitely be returning to Naveria and recommend you book yourself in for a detox getaway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lisa F
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Had my wonderful first visit in breathtaking Savusavu, definately worth the name of hidden paradise. I'm so glad I've made the right choice of accommodation, Naveria Heights Lodge is simply the best. Sharon is such a fun host, breakfast is huge yet healthy, view is stunning...In fact, I kinda did nothing but enjoy the beauty of our mother nature, but that's exactly the sort of holiday I'm longing for. Next time, will be back with OW license, so we can get wet and wild. Be prepared Sharon, lol:)

Love,