See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2015

i would advice not to check in here
first of all the receptionist did not know what she was doing we had to wait for 2 hours to get our room (we were supposed to check in at 11am initially but when we arrived there they said we have to check in at 12 and when we went at 12 they said that the cleaning staff was on lunch so we checked around 1.30pm )
and when we went in the room (318)
there was no extra towels and when we asked for extra towels they said we will get your towels right after lunch !!!
the worst service i have ever seen

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Kunz398
Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

Charging FJD $85.00 per night this is a decent hotel to stay in. I had no choice as the Waterfront was fully booked.

The fittings and the hotel need a serious upgrade. Sleep quality was average. Customer service can be improved on. Looking for an iron to iron my clothes in the morning was a painstaking task.

It is still a decent place to stay if the Waterfront is not available. For $85 per night, it is close to value for money.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2015

I don't even know where to begin with this, we had such an amazing time at Lautoka Hotel and we will be returning. The staffs were like family by the time we were leaving, I stayed with my family there. Hotel was well maintained and overall everything was perfect. They had friendly staffs and especially the service provided by Front office and Restaurant, Also the food & Pizza's yum we really enjoyed our stay there. Looking forward for another stay Thank you for the hospitality provided.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms are Beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2015

When I entered the room, there were no towels. When I decided to take a shower before retiring for the evening, there was no hot water. A manager stated that the next day he would move me to a room that had hot water.

After moving to a different room (from 315 to 318), the next day I found that one of the cups had lipstick on it whereupon I decided to shift to a different hotel. The management did apologize and fully refunded the amount I had paid for the next few days. Also, in eating three meals in the hotel restaurant, I saw cockroaches each time. The matter has been reported to the Fiji Times and health department.

Of course it is possible that management has by not corrected the problems, but I suggest caution.

Room Tip: Avoid a room near the night club.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Frank E
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We had booked our accomodation 5 days prior to our planned 1 night stay at the hotel. When we checked in we were told our room would be upstairs and not at the pool-side as we had arranged and which the customer attendant had agreed with us over the phone 5 days earlier. They told us that a certain organization had booked earlier and so they got the Poolside rooms. Well the attendant certainly did not tell us that in our tele-convo when we made our booking.

The short plumpy Indian lady was really rude and the last thing she should have said was "You can go check out the room, if you don't like it, then we'll refund your money". And we thought they need to exhaust all avenues before reaching that point. We were travelling as a family so we requested if there could be extra matresses. The attendants were aghasted when they saw our 2 teenage children saying they were in the adult category. We had clearly explained on the phone that the children were in their teens, however the attendant failed to inform us that they were regarded as adults.

I would say the amenities were good and certain staffs were really friendly, but poor service from that one staff. I had a similar experience in 2013 (stayed for 3 nights) when another hotel staff on night shift RUDELY approached family members who helped me to my room with some stuffs. Hotel staffs including that short plumpy Indian lady really need to attend CUSTOMER SERVICE courses or maybe need a refresher! Need to learn how to simply put on a smile!

Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family