We stayed at Anchorage for 4 nights on a package deal (in a mountain view room). When we arrived we were driven down to our room (due to the reception being atop a steep hill). Our room was so much better than we had anticipated. It was clean, spacious, and when we stepped onto our patio we could see the garden, the palm trees and the ocean. We were close to the beach bar and restaurant as well but were never bothered by noise.
The staff were incredibly friendly and all introduced themselves to us throughout the first night and remember our names for the rest of our stay. The food was delicious. The drinks were delicious. There were daily activities held such as crab racing and a kava ceremony.
The overall atmosphere was excellent although the beach was crappy. We did however get money stolen from us whilst we were snorkelling on the Beachcomber Island Tour (but it was almost certainly fellow travellers rather than Fijians who did it). We did ask the manager to try and organise a dive or tour for us on our last night but it didn't get done.
Overall, I would stay here again and I recommend it as a nice resort to relax in (but not great if you really want to get out and see more of Fiji).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Experience the best of Fiji by staying at the Anchorage Beach Resort on mainland Fiji, perfect for couples or the whole family. The Anchorage beach resort will provide the perfect launching pad to experience the wonders of the Mamanuca islands. We are often the choice for many travelers first or last night on the mainland when proximity to the international airport is an absolute must. From here you are in reach of some of the best surf and crystal clear snorkeling Fiji has on offer and various mainland excursions and activities.We are an intimate hillside boutique resort with its own secluded palm fringe beach, set amidst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, nearby mountains and uninhabited islands in the distance. Join us for a truly relaxing tropical getaway.Do as much, or as little, as you please. Relax and unwind on the beach and by the pool. Wander through our tropical gardens. Take an afternoon nap on a hammock. Learn the local culture from our friendly Fijian staff. Indulge in delicious meals. Or embark on a variety of excursions available from the resort jetty. Our comfortable rooms are set in a tranquil environment - just meters from the beach or in the gardens providing the magical backdrop for the most amazing sunrises and the majestic sunsets.Our resort's super convenient location provides one of our most important benefits. We are located only 20 minutes from the Nadi International Airport , 10 minutes from the Sugar City of Lautoka and 2 minutes from the historical Visesei Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Anchorage Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Beach Hotel Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Resort Fiji/Lautoka