We booked a 13 day trip to Anchorage during Christmas and New Year. My younger son got a terrible infection on both ears , runs high fever and we were seeking immediate medical assistance. After 1 hr of waiting and repetitive calls to the reception, they sent us a taxi to take us to the closest medical facility in the local village. There is no doctor available at this clinic and we're told to go to Latoka hospital. The hotel taxi ( The actual hotel transportation, not a separate hire) abandons us in the village to find our way to the hospital. They ask us to wait for another taxi( another 1/2 hour in the middle of the road waiting). My son is barely sitting on his feet so we ask locals to help us get to the hospital. At the hospital we were told that there is private medical care available so we hop on yet another taxi and make it to a clinic to see a doctor. On the way back we talk to the "owners representative" Aaron -----. We ask him how it is possible to abondon his guests when dealing with a medical emergency. Not only that he is not apologizing for this but he is very rude and accuses us that we were not clear what type of medical emergency it was! When we mentioned that is his responsibility to provide its guests with proper information and access to medical services in cases of emergency he was quite apathetic and rude. Considering that the hotels mission is to provide best customer service , I advise my fellow travellers to think twice before booking with this hotel. Aside from this incident, we found the facility expensive for the type of services provided. The food at the resort is below standards, therefore most of the guests go to the nearby Marina and First Landing restaurant. The location is very remote and you need to pay for a lot of taxi fares to get around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Experience the best of Fiji by staying at the Anchorage Beach Resort on mainland Fiji, perfect for couples or the whole family. The Anchorage beach resort will provide the perfect launching pad to experience the wonders of the Mamanuca islands. We are often the choice for many travelers first or last night on the mainland when proximity to the international airport is an absolute must. From here you are in reach of some of the best surf and crystal clear snorkeling Fiji has on offer and various mainland excursions and activities.We are an intimate hillside boutique resort with its own secluded palm fringe beach, set amidst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, nearby mountains and uninhabited islands in the distance. Join us for a truly relaxing tropical getaway.Do as much, or as little, as you please. Relax and unwind on the beach and by the pool. Wander through our tropical gardens. Take an afternoon nap on a hammock. Learn the local culture from our friendly Fijian staff. Indulge in delicious meals. Or embark on a variety of excursions available from the resort jetty. Our comfortable rooms are set in a tranquil environment - just meters from the beach or in the gardens providing the magical backdrop for the most amazing sunrises and the majestic sunsets.Our resort's super convenient location provides one of our most important benefits. We are located only 20 minutes from the Nadi International Airport , 10 minutes from the Sugar City of Lautoka and 2 minutes from the historical Visesei Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anchorage Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Beach Hotel Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Resort Fiji/Lautoka