We stayed at the Anchorage for seven nights from 6th November 2006. The rooms on the ocean front are gorgeous; the view from the room is fantastic. The 'windows' in the rear bedroom wall slide open to reveal a large bathroom and a spa bath. Enjoy having a spa while looking out over the pool and ocean - magnificent! The only complaint we had with our room was the TV remote control didn't work even after three attempts to get one that did.
The cane train that comes through several times a day (and night) is quaint and just remember it's the Fijians simply earning their living; try not to get uptight about it.
Take a 15 minute walk along the train track to Vuda Point, particularly for lunch/afternoon drinks (your footing won't be stable if you attempt the return trip in the dark - not from the alcohol intake but the uneven terrain!!). Alternatively, walk there in the late afternoon, in daylight, and take a taxi back to the resort (~FJD$5).
Drinks and a meal at the VP marina are cheap and good value. Meals at the First Landing Resort just a little further along the road wont disappoint either and they also have entertainment.
The pool at Anchorage is a delight. And so are the villagers. Take a walk to the village - about 10 minutes along the train track in the opposite direction to Vuda Point. The village women make jewellery and sell it at very reasonable prices. Four or five tribes make up this village and it's a great opportunity to learn from the native Fijians.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Experience the best of Fiji by staying at the Anchorage Beach Resort on mainland Fiji, perfect for couples or the whole family. The Anchorage beach resort will provide the perfect launching pad to experience the wonders of the Mamanuca islands. We are often the choice for many travelers first or last night on the mainland when proximity to the international airport is an absolute must. From here you are in reach of some of the best surf and crystal clear snorkeling Fiji has on offer and various mainland excursions and activities.We are an intimate hillside boutique resort with its own secluded palm fringe beach, set amidst lush tropical gardens with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean, nearby mountains and uninhabited islands in the distance. Join us for a truly relaxing tropical getaway.Do as much, or as little, as you please. Relax and unwind on the beach and by the pool. Wander through our tropical gardens. Take an afternoon nap on a hammock. Learn the local culture from our friendly Fijian staff. Indulge in delicious meals. Or embark on a variety of excursions available from the resort jetty. Our comfortable rooms are set in a tranquil environment - just meters from the beach or in the gardens providing the magical backdrop for the most amazing sunrises and the majestic sunsets.Our resort's super convenient location provides one of our most important benefits. We are located only 20 minutes from the Nadi International Airport , 10 minutes from the Sugar City of Lautoka and 2 minutes from the historical Visesei Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Anchorage Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Beach Hotel Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Lautoka
- Anchorage Beach Resort Fiji/Lautoka