“The only choice in Lautoka”

Tanoa Waterfront Hotel
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Lautoka
Reviewed 10 February 2012

First time visitor to this hotel and was pleasantly surprised with everthing on offer - hassle free check in, friendliness of staff, facilities, quality of the room and cleanliness. We had a ground floor room in the new executive wing overlooking the pool with two double beds for mum, dad and two children. We arrived at around 2 p.m. when the sun was blazing and it felt so nice to go into a pre-cooled room, from the cauldron like corridor. Room was modern, fully tiled and had all facilities required for a short stay. Resort pool is big but did get crowded on occassions. Good restaurant and bar but a bit on the pricey side for Fiji's standards. Will definitely be back not only because there are not any other viable option in Lautoka but our stay was so pleasant that we do not have to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Bula Hash,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel, particularity the service and facilities.Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji on your next trip.

Vinaka and Regards,

Reviewed 7 February 2012

I have stayed at Tanoa Waterfront, Lautoka, 5 times now over the last 2 years (Dec 09, Mar 10, Sept 10, FEB/MAR 11, DEC 11/JAN 12).
Every time I have stayed there it always makes my holiday to be the most relaxing and stress free.
I find that the service is fantastic, all the people who work there are very friendly and will go out of their way to assit you with whatever it is you need.
I have stayed in both the Executive and Standard rooms and both types of rooms are always in immaculate condition, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are big, the air-con is on 24/7, lots of room to move around in, on rainy days the TV always has something entertaining to offer.
The housekeeping is great, they clean the rooms everyday.
We went to the restaurant at the hotel numerous times and the food and service is great!
The pool they have is so nice and refreshing after walking around in the hot weather all day or even just after 5 minutes... I love reading by the pool whilst soaking in some sun-rays.
They also have internet at the hotel (at a small cost) and if you have your laptop, you can connect to their WI-FI.
The Day Spa is amazing!!! I had the BEST massage ever, i always reccommend to friends whom go there to get a massage.
The hotel is actually only a 5 minute walk (or if its raining 2 min taxi trip) from the main streets of Lautoka, you are close to food shopping or even just to look at all the shops.
I know ill be going back there in the near future for more relaxing and fun times :)

Room Tip: I have stayed in all 3 blocks of the hotel and all of them are double story, i prefer to be on the s...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2012

Bula Sinclair,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel. I have shared your comments with my team, its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji sometime soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here for 9 days while visiting the West of Fiji. We travelled up and down the coast and out to the Yasawa islands.
Breakfast was a very decent continental buffet and each of our evening meals were competently presented and true to their menu descriptions.
The staff are very friendly and helpful adding to the experience of our stay. Two pools were ideal for a cooling dip.
Unfortunately heavy rain disrupted our stay but all the services of the hotel continued smoothly.
Rooms are reasonably basic but I enjoyed a good nights sleep each night!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kiwisc0t

Bula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review,we are delighted to know you appreciated the service priovided by the Hotel.

I thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Fiji.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed here while attending my cousins wedding. The staff were friendly and very helpful. My room was downstair and was facing the swimming pool. It was good to have an AC unit that worked well. Good hotel for a short stay or a stopover.

Room Tip: Rooms in the new wing are nicer.
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2012

Bula Nix

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, its always a pleasure to receive positive feed backs. I was delighted to read how you enjoyed the hotel and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 December 2011

I stayed here just for one night on a stopover in Fiji. The hotel is situated in downtown but near the water; my room (310) had a partial view of the ocean. Service was generally good; they had a mixup with my reservation but made up for the 10 minute delay with an upgraded room. Restaurant was good and reasonably priced. Wireless internet worked well but was not cheap.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Wombatter
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Bula Mr Wombatter
I have taken your comments and shared them with the team, I appreciate also the constructive feed back you provided. Thank you very much, your overall comments about the property are pleasing.
We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 13 December 2011

I was here in November of this year for a short business trip and my my, the service of the staff were exceptionally good. I was glad to be greeted by name upon check in. All the staff were really nice and friendly and had great knowledge of the services they provide, especial thanks to Roni (am not so sure of the name, but he is the night manager).The guy helped me alot with my internet issues, my ac and also with my tv.He is a genius. They had just switched on to the new wifi and i was facing some problems with it when roni helped me out.
The room is tidy and clean and the best is room 309 where i was.It has great view of the ocean from the balcony.
If you want a great room with best customer service then i would highly recommend you of Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, where you feel home away from home even in the middle of the night.
Take the rooms upstairs in the 300 block if you are a fan of ocean view.

Thank you so much Waterfront.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the 300 block (upstairs) for great ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jacob469
wfhmanager, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2011

Bula Jacob,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, its always a pleasure to receive positive feed backs. I have shared your comments with the team and we are delighted to know how much you appreciated the service priovided. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.

Thank you again for your comments, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I have just returned from a work trip to Lautoka where I stayed at the Waterrfront for 6 nights. I booked online & got a fantastic deal, the executive rooms are lovely, it was very peaceful & quiet, great location looking out to sea, and the service was very good. Have seen some negative reviews on trip advisor for the Waterfront & I just can't understand it, as I had a great stay. Suggest asking for rooms in the back wing if noise is a concern, as those on the ground floor near to reception have the disadvantage of all guests passing them on the way to their rooms, so in this way get all the passing foot traffic. Thank you to the lovely staff for my very comfortable stay, I will certainly stay again when next in Lautoka next.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Talanoa
wfhmanager32, Manager at Tanoa Waterfront Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Bula Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review, its always a pleasure to receive positive feed back. We are delighted to know how much you appreciated the Hotel Location and service provided. Its great to know the efforts made are noticed.
Thank you again and hope to see you soon.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lautoka
The Fiji Orchid
#4 of 5 in Pacific Harbour
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
#6 of 8 in Denarau Island

Been to Tanoa Waterfront Hotel? Share your experiences!