“"Absolutely a Tropical Paradise"”

Wananavu Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
“"Absolutely a Tropical Paradise"”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I thoroughly enjoyed Wananavu Beach Resort, I have no complaints of any kind. I too like one of the others posters cried when it was time to leave. I become entrenched in the culture and really loved the resort staff. The pool with the waterfall was fantastic. As for the dive operation and boat staff, they were above and beyond. I have never in my 100 + dives, had as few of divers to a group as we did here, with such personal attention. The dives were stellar. We really emjoyed the boat attendants that were extra helpers to meet our needs on the dive boats. Our trip was truly special and to date this was the best resort we' ve ever stayed at. We enjoyed the cultural experiences the resort provided and have nothing but positive for the activity staff. The village tour outside of diving was my favorite part of the trip. Our 20th anniversary was really magical. All the way down from the honeymoon sweet the whole week at very little upgrade cost to everything else it was amazing. The beautiful sunrises and sunsets from my beachfront bure at rm 50. Thanks to Wananavu resort and staff for everything I could have desired for a 20th anniversary vow renewal trip. Yandra I can't wait to see you again soon.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Imagine finding yourself in a Tropical Paradise, in the care of an extended family who is happy to see you every morning, but also happy to keep their distance so that you can relax in a beach side hammock sipping on your favourite cocktail and reading that novel which you have been trying to finish for the last 3 months.

The opportunity to drive to a nearby village and dance with the locals or to buy fresh coconuts at the local markets.

The opportunity to see one of the best coral reefs in the world.

Aaahh...... I cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Beach Front Bure is closest to the water and away from the busiest part of the resort.
2 Thank Monika T
Utah
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I and my wife were fortunate enough to spend 10 nights at Wananavu celebrating our 20th anniversary. We stayed in Bure 50 the Honeymoon suite. We hadn't originally booked it, but we were upgraded to it at a very reasonable rate. The bure was the best accommodation we have experienced. The plunge pool and outside shower were phenomenal. We renewed our vow's with boat captain Joe performing the ceremonies and the other divers from our boat and dive masters in attendance. It will never be forgotten.

We dove 7 days and were cared for exceptionally. Our dive master (Jimmi) was the bomb. We saw sharks on 12 of our 14 dives and nearly every other creature on our list for the trip.

The staff at the resort were top notch (Evalone is a treasure) and the food was stellar. We were on the meal plan for 11 days and I didn't become bored with the menu. Their is a regular all day menu along with daily specials. The Kokoda was a wonderful new spin on ceviche. The food was truly far above what we have experience at the resorts we have visited for dive trips in Roatan and Cozumel. Also teh care for the grounds was superb. Very clean and meticulously landscaped.

We took the village tour and two island picnic excursions. All three were great. We shopped in Rakiraki three times and thoroughly enjoyed it.

The flights on Fiji Airways new A330 were great both ways I would also be remiss if I didn't mention how great the transfers were. We were taken in clean Landcruisers with great A/C. The drivers were fabulous stopping for anything we wanted a picture of and explaining all the significant sites.

I could go on forever, and probably will in a blog, but I'll sum this trip up with the piggy bank to save for a trip back with our kids is starting to fill.

Room Tip: Beachfront is a bit of a hike to the main bure, but well worth it in my book.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Thank you to everyone at Wananavu from Alan's warm welcome and to every one of his amazing staff are what make this place so special.
They go out of their way with their warm, friendly and helpful service.
Having one of their sublime cocktails and watching the sun set from the restaurant deck is the most relaxing and beautiful evening ever.
The food is fresh, simple and so tasty.
The snorkelling is amazing and free of crowds.
Spa fabulous.
The place to go for a peaceful, relaxing stay away from crowds and truly iz

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Suva
Reviewed 19 March 2014

This place is splendid and much much more adventurous and romantic than seen in the pictures. Grace handled our bookings with ease and having spent one weekend there, I would love to make a trip every weekend! The staff are so friendly, especially the kitchen staff's. We had a package deal for Valentines and it was just amazing. They have fishing facilities and a Marina where you get to fish feed.

You have your own bure and a nice beachfront one too.

I would highly recommend this place to everyone!!

Thank you Wananavu!!

Room Tip: Opt for the beachfront bures :) Closer to the sea and you get own very own Beach :)
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Busselton, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2014

Can't sing Wananavu's praises enough. We just had our wedding at Wananavu with 45 family and friends and the service and experience we had was second to none.
Everyone onsite - from front of house through to housekeeping, gardeners and security - never failed to say BULA! and it was such a special feeling. All of our friends and family have commented about what a wonderful place you have and that comes down to the fantastic staff.
The food, the activities, the setting - everything was just perfect (well other than the howling wind for the ceremony but not much we could do about that!!).
All the team were just so welcoming and friendly - even before we arrived making sure that we knew about a potential cyclone heading to the area and keeping us informed about what was happening so that we felt rest assured that they were doing everything they could to minimise any potential problems. Even with the difficulties in getting everyone into the Resort with the floods all around the area, the staff just kept on smiling and sorting everything out. Part of our group was the first group to be boated in ever and we arrived via 4WD transfer through flood waters. Rest assured this was VERY unusual and the access is usually much easier!!
The rooms themselves are gorgeous - we had a honeymoon bure with out own plunge pool with fantastic views out over the bay. I would have happily never left! All the other rooms I saw looked very nice - clean, well maintained and offering a variety of prices and services.
We did a number of different activities which were on offer - including diving, spa, fishing (trawling and handline), island picnic, village waterfall tour, petanque, cultural talks and more. They were all great - although the fishing wasn't as plentiful as the boys might have liked. They even arranged a trip to a golf course an hour and a half away (probably not a Pro course....)
We have both travelled all over the world and the hospitality we received at Wananavu is probably the best we’ve ever had. You know it’s a good stay when you are just as sad to say goodbye to the staff as you are to say goodbye to your friends and family.

2 Thank Lisa H
Loomis, California
Reviewed 5 March 2014

My trip and time to Wananavu was an adventurous trip by myself to attend a writing retreat on the premises for a week. I arrived two days prior to just enjoy Fiji and my beachfront bure was absolutely perfect! I fell in love with this location and all the beautiful surroundings immediately! The grounds are immaculate, the bure's cozy, comfortable and clean, and the staff - all of them - are friendly and helpful! I was often greeted by name! The scenery, the ocean waters perfect to swim in, and even the snorkeling right off the resort was FABULOUS! There is a beautiful serenity and peacefulness to this resort which is perfect for couples looking for complete and total relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of life (I will bring my husband back here for sure). But even just on my own....I absolutely LOVED this place! One of my all time favorites!!

Room Tip: Staying in an oceanfront bure was absolutely FABULOUS!!! The porch area a perfect place to sit and h...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakiraki
Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Naviti Resort
Naviti Resort
#1 of 3 in Korolevu

Been to Wananavu Beach Resort? Share your experiences!