This resort has some great positives but we found the negatives outweighed the beautiful surrounds.
Our biggest issue was in the way the resort charged. We booked in our April holiday a number of months out but were not quoted the online price (as per website). We were told that prices were going up two weeks before our stay (we were part of a wedding group). We booked with another couple and thought we booked the 2 bedroom beach front bungalow, only to get an ocean view (very partial) room for the same price as the beach front villas. The furniture and bedding in our room was very old, uncomfortable and well worn. We did see the higher quality more expensive rooms and they were a high standard, with newer comfortable furnishings.
Other considerations if booking this property is that the drive is roughly 3 hours from the airport in a bus that stinks of diesel fumes. You may be also get a 4wd which I would request based on feedback I heard.
99% of the staff are amazing, extremely friendly and very welcoming although we unfortunately have one very sour staff member most breakfast and lunches which ruined the experience as everything felt like a chore and was a topic of conversation amongst the group.
The location for a wedding is perfect and the set up, the reception with the show (various different treats) put on was spectacular which made for a very enjoyable celebration and evening.
The grounds and position of the resort are beautiful. Lovely pool area and the view from the balcony where all meals are held is spectacular - you can not ask for a much better view. Food was good quality without being great and the lovo night was excellent with dances coming in from the local village to perform traditional Fijian performances that detail the local history.
We felt that Wananavu took advantage of holding the wedding, charged top dollar for something we didn't receive including a poor quality room, the trip to and from the airport is slightly off putting, but for views and a quiet relaxing atmosphere this hotel is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Only just over 2 hours from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Ebookers so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki