Stayed for about a week to do some diving in the Bligh Waters. The dive op was well run, organized, and professional. Their boats are well maintained. There are 2, a large and smaller one. The Divemasters were top notch and always on their game. Very personal, friendly, and professional. There are not many dive ops running in the Bligh Waters and we rarely ran into other divers - it was fantastic. I felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. Dive sites are loaded with soft coral and sea life.
The restaurant produced fantastic food. It's fairly evident that they have a professional chef on staff. This is a relief. Usually dive resort kitchens are hit and miss. These folks are a big hit. I was more than impressed with the food they were serving. My only knock is that the kitchen is a bit slow at lunch time when you're trying to turn around a 3rd dive for the day. But if slow means great food; then keep it up.
Rooms were nice, but not overly impressive. The grounds and views are stunning and make up for the rustic bures. As an underwater photographer, I found the rooms poorly lit, so I recommend bringing a headlamp if you need a bit more light. Also there are only a couple small bedside tables to work with. I had camera gear all over the place. It would have been nice to have a decent table and better lighting to work with. The cleanliness was OK. Bathrooms were OK, and large.
My wife used the spa and said it was just OK. She seems to think the location is in a poor spot because you can hear tanks banging at the dive shop and other people at the pool/restaurant area, so it's not quite intimate.
The best part of the resort were the people. I found everyone from the dive operation to the kitchen, to all the staff to be friendly, genuine, and happy. They made a difference in my trip. :)
Overall, I highly recommend this resort if you're looking for a top notch dive operation, great kitchen, and to meet some wonderful people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The real Fiji! Perfect for romance; fabulous for diving excellent for culture. 34 deluxe bures nestled along the beach and amongst tropical gardens. A real island experience with mainland convenience. Located 85 scenic coastline miles from Nadi International Airport. Great food, fantastic staff, unparalleled views, world class diving & snorkeling; amazing village tours and a perfect wedding venue. This is a true Fijian experience and is, as the name suggests, Wananavu, translated loosely as Awesome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wananavu Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wananavu Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Rakiraki
- Wananavu Beach Resort Fiji/Rakiraki