“Wonderful holiday”

Safari Island Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Thank you Warren and Steph for a great holiday. We were a family of four, children 2 and 4 years old, and we had a fantastic time at Safari Lodge. The kite instruction was great, it was wonderful to get up on the board on day three. Great facilities for beginner kite surfers. Our children had a wonderful time, thanks to Warren and Steph who made us feel part of their extended family, and thanks also to the Fijian staff who helped look after the children, at no extra cost to us. The beachfront bures were great, and the meals wonderful. We thoroughly recommend this place as a family holiday destination, and also for beginner kite surfers who want to spend some concentrated time getting better at kiting. From conversations with other guests, the scuba diving was fantastic, and certainly the instructors and dive master impressed us with their friendliness.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed for 10 days
The place is very beautiful and the reason that I didn't move to another place was that I loved it.
A fantastic place to relax and to do outdoor activities.
I decided to do the rescue course (4days).
Thanks to the help and dedication of Michelle I was able to do the things she accepted to do and more.......
After finishing the course I did some fun diving at some amazing dive sites.
Thanks to Michelle, Clint and Jesper I felt very safe.
These people love what the do!!!!!
The food was excellent and so was the dedication of Warren and Staff/Steph to give you an unforgatable time.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Great location with a relaxed atmosphere.
The diving was very well run with some fantastic locations and people to hang out with.
Cold beer and great food, what more can you ask for.
Thanks Warren, Steph and the Team !!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We would like to thank Warren, Steph and Everyone at Safari Lodge for turning on the wind and making The 2012 ZU FIJI so amazing!! 25knots+ everyday, 30 degrees, beautiful reefs to explore, epic down winders and cold beers at the end of the day … living the dream. “DON’T HOLD BACK” We saw Megan, a complete beginner transform into an independent, stylish and determined Kiter. Donald reach new heights (captured on film, check out his boat jumps) and CP tick off all the goals on his list (he even did the yoga). Also a big thank you to Clint, Michelle and Jasper for teaching us to Scuba Dive and taking us to some breathe taking spots underwater! Look forward to seeing you all next year and hope this excites everyone else to get on board and join us!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Hotel California is omnipresent when travelling.
The hallmark of a place that has the formula right is that "you can check out any time you like but you can never leave."
We have all had those travel experiences when we went for a day or two and then the weeks went by....Where you drop into the zone of not rushing, not thinking of the past or future but just being.
This is such a place.
A few things contribute to this:
1. The diversity of activities on offer (including the hammock challenge..)
2. The communal dining experiences where you make new friends, reflect on the day..maybe the amazing kiting in turquoise water or the eeriness of the night dive..or the first time you got up wakeboarding
3. The spectacular scenery, untainted by the sound of traffic
4. The friendly warmth of the staff who make you feel part of the place. The talented instructors who facilitate your progression and are happy to share a meal and a beer with you afterwards.
5. Kiting all day every day in such a spectacular place: Finally "getting it" and shaking off the frustrations of the beginner!

This is not a 5 star resort where everything runs like clockwork.
This is a place for taking time out to dream. To remember who you are. To challenge how you are living your life. To search your soul and replot your path.
So if you are an uptight person and want to remain so..this place is not for you.
If you seek to reconnect with your humanity and immerse yourself in a watery paradise...I cannot recommend it enough.
Like most things you get what you put in.
Unlike hotel california, if you call for the captain to "please give me my wine" he is likely to oblige.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SirenaFestiva
Reviewed 29 July 2012

2 weeks ago I spent 6 days at safari lodge. I was happy to escape from work and a wet and cold Sydney Winter and find somewhere where there was a common bond with the other Guests ' The wind.' and a passion at improving/ learning a sport.
Warren was a friendly and accomodating host the dorm accomodation was fine and the food was healthy and tasted great and the other guests despite being mainly kiteboarders were friendly and their was a good atmosphere and generally their was a buzz around the site. !! Reading some of the other Posts t think the Safari lodge is not for everyone. I went by myself and i certainly wouldnt hesitate doing that again so for me Safari lodge ticked most of the Box's.
I rented the equipment and found that there was a good range and saved me the hassell of the extra luggage.The trainers Peter and Warren know their stuff are excellent teachers...
......on a down side The bus ride is long and it did take a few days to work out the reef and get settled but will definately return. thanks again safari lodge 9/10 -I might also try kiting next time

Room Tip: The front Bures or a dorm up the hill is slightly quieter at night if you like to go to bed early