My fiance and I arrived in Rakiraki in early September 2012, based on a tip that there was some great kite surfing - Even though I've never done it, I wanted to try. Found Saf Is Lodge on T.A. and booked a room from downtown Rakiraki. Got a taxi to the pier and had to wait a little over an hour and a half before our water taxi arrived and brought us to the resort (Fiji Time in full effect). Immediately signed up for a kite surfing lesson. After multiple failed attempts at lessons, the last day we took a water taxi to the break point and there was absolutely no wind. Warren (the owner and kite instructor) charged me $100 - half price - for what I felt like was nothing more than a boat ride and an explanation of the emergency release I could have got on youtube. I felt a bit ripped off because the kite didn't actually get off the water at all.
Food was pretty good if you like Indian cuisine. The accommodation was basic, but comfortable - no hot water, warm blankets, comfy couches and hammocks. Two star rating is because of the failed kite lesson and the $100 charge for it, otherwise it would have been three.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Fiji's Kitesurf, Windsurf, Dive & Fishing Ultimate ResortWelcome to island paradise!Safari Lodge lies on a pristine beach on the remote Nananu-i-ra island in the South Pacific Ocean. These tropical waters provide perfect conditions for our watersports focused resort. We are a quiet friendly boutique resort with a maximum of 40 guests and a variey of accommodation options.Facing the consistent trade winds, Nananu-I-Ra Island is a wind-sports paradise! April to January provide steady 15-30 Knot winds, perfect for Windsurfing and Kitesurfing! All year round we also offer PADI Scuba Diving - Come and Dive the amazing Bligh Waters and Vatu-I-Ra Passage - breathtaking National Geographic quality dive sites! Sailing, Kayaking, Snorkeling, Fishing adventures and Stand Up Paddling (SUP) are also available every day!Our accommodation varies and includes Beachfront Bures, Ocean View Villas, Private Rooms and bunk style dorm rooms for groups only meters from the beach. We offer solar hot water showers, 24hr power & Wi-Fi 3G speed Internet access is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Safari Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Safari Island Hotel Rakiraki
- Safari Island Lodge Fiji/Rakiraki