We were here for a mere 3 days. It was at the tail end of our vacation after staying in another part of FIJI. The Villas were something else. Shiny and new with upper end materials. They have a open concept living/kitchen/bedroom area and a covered porch over looking the ocean. The views were phenomenal. They even had a washing machine which was much welcomed after a week away from home. My only real complaint was that the bed was a bit soft for my taste. The weather on this side of the island is dryer and hotter than at Beqa Lagoon. So the air conditioning was also very nice to have. They have a very nice pool (with a swim up bar I really liked). The dining area was also quite lovely. The food was plentiful. However the menu was rather limited and not especially creative. But we discovered that the kitchen was willing to cook on request items. I thought this was very gracious of them. Drinks were reasonably priced and the frozen slushy drinks were delicious.
The dive operation was very professional and well organized. The diving was very pretty, after all this is Fiji. Lots of soft coral and colorful fish.
This is an up and coming resort. The are obviously putting significant cash into this based on the recent development around the place and the on going construction. While we were there, they were working on a Spa over looking the ocean. I did not notice any noise at all so I think this was mostly going on during the day while we were out diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volivoli Beach Resort is a dedicated SSI and PADI dive Resort on Viti Levu, Fiji. It is owned and operated by the Darling family, 16 year veterans of the area. Dive facilities are world class and on site. All accommodations have ocean views. Nearby Bligh Waters are renowned for an amazing display of fish, pelagic creatures and soft corals. Guests enjoy snorkelling, kayaking, beach volleyball, fishing, village culture and sunset cruises. The Darling philosophy is simple - “We spend time talking to our guests, whether on a dive trip or over a cold beer,” says Nick, “This helps us fine tune the Volivoli experience.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volivoli Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji Rakiraki