“What can I say?”

Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I came here with my two adult sons to experience the diving and the resort itself was an added bonus. Volivoli Beach resort could best be described as a boutique resort, catering mainly for divers but welcoming all. The resort itself has some great accommodation, with terrific views over Bligh Passage. It is well constructed, using quality materials and maintained to a high standard. Volivoli is about a 2-3 hour drive from both Nadi & Suva, which I think helps create a quiet environment. The rooms we had were spacious and had everything you'd normally find in a quality hotel room. (except a TV but why would you ruin a holiday?). The resort is set on a hillside so there are views from everywhere. Centrally located are the bar & dining area, adjacent to a large pool. Wifi is available for a reasonable cost but for some reason you can only access it in the central bar/dining area.

The diving with Ra Divers was outstanding. Even though the weather wasn't great, there was always somewhere sheltered. Our two favorite dives were Replay & Mellow Yellow, both located in a protected marine sanctuary. They were a long way out but with an abundance of sea life. The crew were terrific and a bundle of laughs.

Finally, if Fiji is looking for a new export industry they would do well by exporting their hospitality. The staff at Volivoli are outstanding examples. Don't forget to donate to the staff Xmas fund.

Will I visit Volivoli again? Yes indeed.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael2810
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Bula Vinaka Michael,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort.

As I have mentioned before and continue to stress none of this would be possible without our wonderful staff, Their friendly faces are after all the reason travelers come to Fiji.

I must apologize for the Internet not working in your rooms, We are currently working on new hardware to boost the internet into each room with individual routers in each room its self. I hope to have this completed within the next few weeks.

I hope to see you back again some day and once again thank you.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were here for a mere 3 days. It was at the tail end of our vacation after staying in another part of FIJI. The Villas were something else. Shiny and new with upper end materials. They have a open concept living/kitchen/bedroom area and a covered porch over looking the ocean. The views were phenomenal. They even had a washing machine which was much welcomed after a week away from home. My only real complaint was that the bed was a bit soft for my taste. The weather on this side of the island is dryer and hotter than at Beqa Lagoon. So the air conditioning was also very nice to have. They have a very nice pool (with a swim up bar I really liked). The dining area was also quite lovely. The food was plentiful. However the menu was rather limited and not especially creative. But we discovered that the kitchen was willing to cook on request items. I thought this was very gracious of them. Drinks were reasonably priced and the frozen slushy drinks were delicious.

The dive operation was very professional and well organized. The diving was very pretty, after all this is Fiji. Lots of soft coral and colorful fish.

This is an up and coming resort. The are obviously putting significant cash into this based on the recent development around the place and the on going construction. While we were there, they were working on a Spa over looking the ocean. I did not notice any noise at all so I think this was mostly going on during the day while we were out diving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Bula Vinaka Suzie,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I wake up to that view you mention and it never gets old!

We do have our Ocean View Spa under construction which will be completed in a couple of weeks. We do try to work on this mostly as guests are out diving but do apologize for any noise you may have experienced.

I hope that you are able to return again soon for more than a few days.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This resort is in a beautiful place in fiji but I do recommend getting a 4wd as the drive out there has a very rough gravel road, although the 3 hour drive is worth it.
The thing that makes this place as great as it is, is the wonderful staff.

I do not reccomend spending the extra money on the snorkling trip as they take you out with the divers as they have a lack of boats and then you are stuck out there for 4 hours, the snorlking of the sand spit is awsome so no need to pay for it.

although we had the beach to ourselves everyday which was lovely there was really nothing to do which was very dissapointing as the only reason i booked this place was because it said it had bonfires on the beach and kava ceremonies every night along with Banana boats, sea buscuits and jetskiing and wind surfing all of which were not available. They have now only just updated the website which im assuming was because we mentioned its false advertising.

the pool bar was never open, again dissapointing.The food was very hit and miss.
the rooms were lovely,all with great views.

there was no real entertainment at nights and some good music really would have livened this place up.

all in all I wouldnt really reccomend this place unless you are going for the diving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anneka S
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort.

We always welcome feedback both positive and negative as the negative feedback is what we need to improve.

First of all I do apologize for not having updated the website regarding the water sports. As I mentioned to you while you were here a the resort unfortunately I had to remove the water sports operators who were outsourced due to unreliability. This is still no excuse the website should have been updated straight away.

The pool bar opens daily from 3pm daily however in the near future we will have this operating from a much earlier time of 10am.

I am very surprised to hear about your snorkeling experience as that is not how the trips are to be operated. Our outer reef snorkeling trip departs daily from the beach at 10am and is a maximum of 2 hours. I will personally follow this up.

In regards to the music and lack of atmosphere, We had many other guests at the resort over the same period as you, they were all very happy with the relaxed atmosphere with nightly live fijian music. Unfortunately I think that a bigger resort would have suited your needs better with louder modern english music much like any other pub in NZ, For our guests who are looking for a nice relaxed truly Fijian holiday experience Volivoli is the best choice.

I do thank you for your comments on our wonderful staff and will pass on your comments to them.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent 7 days at Volivoli with my dive Club Global Dive last month. No wonder this is their 5th visit there. The resort is absolutely lovely with gorgeous grounds maintained beautifully. The accommodation is set up slightly on the hill and the Vale I had allowed me to wake up each day to spectacular views over the ocean. On day one many of the resort staff learnt our groups names', and then used these every time they saw us. The resort has a casual beach style restaurant with an extensive menu for all meals, supplemented with daily specials. This overlooks the pool which is a relaxing place to while away the time when not diving. Perfect for that late afternoon cocktail from the pool bar.

Ra Divers who organise and run the dive trips are an all round professional outfit. Each day we were diving we had a great team of crew who looked after us and showed us their stunning workplace. The Bligh Waters offered us wonderful dive sights but even when the weather was a bit too rough to head out that way, the local sights were magical as well. With Dive site names such as Melo Yello, Black Magic Rock, Golden Dreams and The Maze you know you are in for a treat.

My one suggestion to the resort would be to have as many cushions for the beach loungers as there are loungers in the pool area- saves competition with fellow travellers:-)

This is a truly magical place which is well worth the 2.5 hour drive up north to get here. Many thanks to Velu, Sasha, Pola, Bob and the many other staff, whose names I unfortunately cannot remember, who made this trip so special for our group. Thank you for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort and Ra Divers. Global dive are our longest returning dive group which we are very much appreciative of (Thanks Andrew and Anna).

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and the spectacular views both above and below water.

I take on your comments regarding the cushions and you will be happy to know that yesterday I placed and order for all new squabs for the Pool and Beach.

I hope you can make it on the trip next year as Andrew and Anna have already made the reservation.

P.S I hope the trip to Pacific Harbor went well

Reviewed 7 October 2013

9 of us stayed at the Voli Voli Beach Resort. Originally we were booked into the Whananavu Resort for 3 nights but they canned our booking in favour of a wedding. Thank God!!! Voli Voli Beach Resort was way better. Had a peek at the other one and no regrets here!! Plenty of activities offered all through the day. Relax around a great pool and grab a nice cocktail.. Catch up with the owners as they are all good! The meals were great and so was the entertainment.. The Bures were awesome and all had magnificent views of sun rises and sunsets.. Will definitely be going back. None of us are divers and that is what the resort specializes in but it didn't matter as there was enough to do or not to do without diving!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mal R

Bula Vinaka Mal,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, It was a pleasure to have you all here at the resort! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very happy to hear you will be back. Perhaps next time 4 days will be better so that we can fish, dive and of course have a raspberry or two.

Take care and once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

10 Days of fabulous diving (16 divers fron Perth , Western Australia), returning to a beautiful resort after a day out on the sea. Food was excellent with locally caught seafood always a speciality.
Accommodation was set in tropical gardens beautifully maintained and the rooms were spacious and kept immaculate. At sunset the view from the rooms was inspiring as the sun went down ov the sea.
As for the people at the resort, they were genuinely warming and made our trip extra special. Music each night set a relaxing tone to the holiday as did the 'Cava'.
If you need a relaxing holiday, away from the maddening crowd and meeting great locals this is the experience for you - highly recommended.

Room Tip: Go for the twin rooms over looking the sea - worth it
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank AussieDiver53

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort. It is always nice to hear your feedback especially from someone in a group who is returning for the second year in a row with a much larger group.

I look forward to meeting you all (and the extras) again next year.

The Kava and the Fijian music do have the effect on people which creates the perfect environment for a relaxing evening.

Take care and kind regards

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I'm an experienced diver and when my live-aboard vacation came to an abrupt end because the boat broke I reached out to Volivoli from the Solomon Islands. They instantly set about to assisting me in making alternate arrangements long distance which was a challenge. Geraldine made my reservations and arranged my pickup at the airport, where I was met by my driver Henry who was terrific. The process was seamless and I was delighted with my room which had a great view of the ocean. Sunrises and sunsets from the balcony were fanastic. A stickler for cleanliness, everything from the rooms to the food at Volivoli was very clean. When the owner Nick, heard about my dashed live-aboard experience, he arranged for a 3 tank boat dive with lunch. This was a special treat as the knowledgeable dive staff took us to beautiful sites which also included the discovery of a new spot which we named Anenome Palace - for obvious reasons. I have photos to prove it! The Ra Divers Boat is highly recommended as it is large with comfortable padded bench cushions and has a head - important for those long rides out to the Bligh Waters! For this alone - I'd recommend Ra Divers. Post dive snacks and drinks were also served - Thanks Bob. As a solo traveller I appreciated the staff's help and attention, but must also mention that the friendly atmosphere extended to the other hotel guests who were equally delightful and friendly!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Laila A

Bula Vinaka Laila

Thank you very much fro your review and it really was our pleasure to help you out with what could have been a real disaster of a trip for you.

The photo's you took were stunning! I hope that you are able to come back again soon, perhaps on the SY FIji Siren which is fully operational now...

Take care and kind regards

Nick Darling

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakiraki
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Wananavu Beach Resort
Wananavu Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Rakiraki
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji? Share your experiences!