I came here with my two adult sons to experience the diving and the resort itself was an added bonus. Volivoli Beach resort could best be described as a boutique resort, catering mainly for divers but welcoming all. The resort itself has some great accommodation, with terrific views over Bligh Passage. It is well constructed, using quality materials and maintained to a high standard. Volivoli is about a 2-3 hour drive from both Nadi & Suva, which I think helps create a quiet environment. The rooms we had were spacious and had everything you'd normally find in a quality hotel room. (except a TV but why would you ruin a holiday?). The resort is set on a hillside so there are views from everywhere. Centrally located are the bar & dining area, adjacent to a large pool. Wifi is available for a reasonable cost but for some reason you can only access it in the central bar/dining area.
The diving with Ra Divers was outstanding. Even though the weather wasn't great, there was always somewhere sheltered. Our two favorite dives were Replay & Mellow Yellow, both located in a protected marine sanctuary. They were a long way out but with an abundance of sea life. The crew were terrific and a bundle of laughs.
Finally, if Fiji is looking for a new export industry they would do well by exporting their hospitality. The staff at Volivoli are outstanding examples. Don't forget to donate to the staff Xmas fund.
Will I visit Volivoli again? Yes indeed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volivoli Beach Resort is a dedicated SSI and PADI dive Resort on Viti Levu, Fiji. It is owned and operated by the Darling family, 16 year veterans of the area. Dive facilities are world class and on site. All accommodations have ocean views. Nearby Bligh Waters are renowned for an amazing display of fish, pelagic creatures and soft corals. Guests enjoy snorkelling, kayaking, beach volleyball, fishing, village culture and sunset cruises. The Darling philosophy is simple - “We spend time talking to our guests, whether on a dive trip or over a cold beer,” says Nick, “This helps us fine tune the Volivoli experience.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volivoli Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji Rakiraki