“Over the hills and through the back roads, a promise of a lovely time.”

Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
Reviewed 3 November 2013

On your first ride out to Volivoli, especially if you venture out in evening, you may wonder when and if you will ever find this resort. You will, and by the morning sunrise when you awake in paradise, you will be glad that you made the trek out to the road less traveled. The room we stayed in was spacious with a kitchenette and a lovely deck. The beach here is on the smaller side, compared to Natadola, but beautiful nonetheless. The kids will enjoy digging for sand dollars, and the snorkeling and scuba diving in these waters is especially beautiful. If your accommodations has a kitchen you can drive into RakiRaki town (just a 15 minutes down the road) and pick up the few essentials that you may need, otherwise the restaurant on site serves a decent breakfast and lunch...dinner can be either fabulous or not so great. The views and sunsets are always spectacular.

Room Tip: Request a larger room with the view of the beach and boats. You want to take advantage of the breath...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Bula vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli beach resort.

I am very glad that you enjoyed your trip out to the resort and we look forward to your return one day.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I stayed at Volivoli Beach Resort for 12 days of diving. The Darling family made us feel so welcome and it was enjoyable getting to know them and having a beer. The domestic staff could not do enough for you. They were always smiling and helpful and nothing was a trouble to them. We enjoyed their friendly smiles and chats. The accommodation was great and the food good. The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The view was excellent over the water. We were there to dive and dive we did. I cannot describe how superb it was under the water.Absolutely mind boggling and beautiful. Great colour and abundance of small and large creatures. The dive staff treated us like family and we had so much fun with them but a special thanks to Bob the Dive master who looked after us under the water and made the dives special for my wife and I. Nothing was too much trouble for this great crew. Great Place, Great People and Great Diving. We have already booked to go back next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bylos
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Volivoli Beach Resort and Ra Divers our in house dive operation.

To fully understand how mind blowing this underwater wonderland you really need to be here and experience it first and to have you already booked in for next year is fantastic!

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I came here with my two adult sons to experience the diving and the resort itself was an added bonus. Volivoli Beach resort could best be described as a boutique resort, catering mainly for divers but welcoming all. The resort itself has some great accommodation, with terrific views over Bligh Passage. It is well constructed, using quality materials and maintained to a high standard. Volivoli is about a 2-3 hour drive from both Nadi & Suva, which I think helps create a quiet environment. The rooms we had were spacious and had everything you'd normally find in a quality hotel room. (except a TV but why would you ruin a holiday?). The resort is set on a hillside so there are views from everywhere. Centrally located are the bar & dining area, adjacent to a large pool. Wifi is available for a reasonable cost but for some reason you can only access it in the central bar/dining area.

The diving with Ra Divers was outstanding. Even though the weather wasn't great, there was always somewhere sheltered. Our two favorite dives were Replay & Mellow Yellow, both located in a protected marine sanctuary. They were a long way out but with an abundance of sea life. The crew were terrific and a bundle of laughs.

Finally, if Fiji is looking for a new export industry they would do well by exporting their hospitality. The staff at Volivoli are outstanding examples. Don't forget to donate to the staff Xmas fund.

Will I visit Volivoli again? Yes indeed.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael2810

Bula Vinaka Michael,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort.

As I have mentioned before and continue to stress none of this would be possible without our wonderful staff, Their friendly faces are after all the reason travelers come to Fiji.

I must apologize for the Internet not working in your rooms, We are currently working on new hardware to boost the internet into each room with individual routers in each room its self. I hope to have this completed within the next few weeks.

I hope to see you back again some day and once again thank you.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

We were here for a mere 3 days. It was at the tail end of our vacation after staying in another part of FIJI. The Villas were something else. Shiny and new with upper end materials. They have a open concept living/kitchen/bedroom area and a covered porch over looking the ocean. The views were phenomenal. They even had a washing machine which was much welcomed after a week away from home. My only real complaint was that the bed was a bit soft for my taste. The weather on this side of the island is dryer and hotter than at Beqa Lagoon. So the air conditioning was also very nice to have. They have a very nice pool (with a swim up bar I really liked). The dining area was also quite lovely. The food was plentiful. However the menu was rather limited and not especially creative. But we discovered that the kitchen was willing to cook on request items. I thought this was very gracious of them. Drinks were reasonably priced and the frozen slushy drinks were delicious.

The dive operation was very professional and well organized. The diving was very pretty, after all this is Fiji. Lots of soft coral and colorful fish.

This is an up and coming resort. The are obviously putting significant cash into this based on the recent development around the place and the on going construction. While we were there, they were working on a Spa over looking the ocean. I did not notice any noise at all so I think this was mostly going on during the day while we were out diving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2013

Bula Vinaka Suzie,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I wake up to that view you mention and it never gets old!

We do have our Ocean View Spa under construction which will be completed in a couple of weeks. We do try to work on this mostly as guests are out diving but do apologize for any noise you may have experienced.

I hope that you are able to return again soon for more than a few days.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This resort is in a beautiful place in fiji but I do recommend getting a 4wd as the drive out there has a very rough gravel road, although the 3 hour drive is worth it.
The thing that makes this place as great as it is, is the wonderful staff.

I do not reccomend spending the extra money on the snorkling trip as they take you out with the divers as they have a lack of boats and then you are stuck out there for 4 hours, the snorlking of the sand spit is awsome so no need to pay for it.

although we had the beach to ourselves everyday which was lovely there was really nothing to do which was very dissapointing as the only reason i booked this place was because it said it had bonfires on the beach and kava ceremonies every night along with Banana boats, sea buscuits and jetskiing and wind surfing all of which were not available. They have now only just updated the website which im assuming was because we mentioned its false advertising.

the pool bar was never open, again dissapointing.The food was very hit and miss.
the rooms were lovely,all with great views.

there was no real entertainment at nights and some good music really would have livened this place up.

all in all I wouldnt really reccomend this place unless you are going for the diving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Anneka S
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort.

We always welcome feedback both positive and negative as the negative feedback is what we need to improve.

First of all I do apologize for not having updated the website regarding the water sports. As I mentioned to you while you were here a the resort unfortunately I had to remove the water sports operators who were outsourced due to unreliability. This is still no excuse the website should have been updated straight away.

The pool bar opens daily from 3pm daily however in the near future we will have this operating from a much earlier time of 10am.

I am very surprised to hear about your snorkeling experience as that is not how the trips are to be operated. Our outer reef snorkeling trip departs daily from the beach at 10am and is a maximum of 2 hours. I will personally follow this up.

In regards to the music and lack of atmosphere, We had many other guests at the resort over the same period as you, they were all very happy with the relaxed atmosphere with nightly live fijian music. Unfortunately I think that a bigger resort would have suited your needs better with louder modern english music much like any other pub in NZ, For our guests who are looking for a nice relaxed truly Fijian holiday experience Volivoli is the best choice.

I do thank you for your comments on our wonderful staff and will pass on your comments to them.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Spent 7 days at Volivoli with my dive Club Global Dive last month. No wonder this is their 5th visit there. The resort is absolutely lovely with gorgeous grounds maintained beautifully. The accommodation is set up slightly on the hill and the Vale I had allowed me to wake up each day to spectacular views over the ocean. On day one many of the resort staff learnt our groups names', and then used these every time they saw us. The resort has a casual beach style restaurant with an extensive menu for all meals, supplemented with daily specials. This overlooks the pool which is a relaxing place to while away the time when not diving. Perfect for that late afternoon cocktail from the pool bar.

Ra Divers who organise and run the dive trips are an all round professional outfit. Each day we were diving we had a great team of crew who looked after us and showed us their stunning workplace. The Bligh Waters offered us wonderful dive sights but even when the weather was a bit too rough to head out that way, the local sights were magical as well. With Dive site names such as Melo Yello, Black Magic Rock, Golden Dreams and The Maze you know you are in for a treat.

My one suggestion to the resort would be to have as many cushions for the beach loungers as there are loungers in the pool area- saves competition with fellow travellers:-)

This is a truly magical place which is well worth the 2.5 hour drive up north to get here. Many thanks to Velu, Sasha, Pola, Bob and the many other staff, whose names I unfortunately cannot remember, who made this trip so special for our group. Thank you for a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort and Ra Divers. Global dive are our longest returning dive group which we are very much appreciative of (Thanks Andrew and Anna).

I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and the spectacular views both above and below water.

I take on your comments regarding the cushions and you will be happy to know that yesterday I placed and order for all new squabs for the Pool and Beach.

I hope you can make it on the trip next year as Andrew and Anna have already made the reservation.

P.S I hope the trip to Pacific Harbor went well

Reviewed 7 October 2013

9 of us stayed at the Voli Voli Beach Resort. Originally we were booked into the Whananavu Resort for 3 nights but they canned our booking in favour of a wedding. Thank God!!! Voli Voli Beach Resort was way better. Had a peek at the other one and no regrets here!! Plenty of activities offered all through the day. Relax around a great pool and grab a nice cocktail.. Catch up with the owners as they are all good! The meals were great and so was the entertainment.. The Bures were awesome and all had magnificent views of sun rises and sunsets.. Will definitely be going back. None of us are divers and that is what the resort specializes in but it didn't matter as there was enough to do or not to do without diving!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mal R

Bula Vinaka Mal,

Thank you for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, It was a pleasure to have you all here at the resort! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very happy to hear you will be back. Perhaps next time 4 days will be better so that we can fish, dive and of course have a raspberry or two.

Take care and once again thank you for your review.

Nick Darling

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakiraki
Fiji Marriott Resort Momi Bay
Wananavu Beach Resort
Wananavu Beach Resort
#2 of 4 in Rakiraki
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji? Share your experiences!