Spent 4 days in Fiji during first week of March and 2 full days fishing. The weather was phenomenal (though hot out on the water), the staff were super friendly, and the fishing was fantastic. Nick knows the local water and knows how to fish your target fish, which for us was yellowfin and GT. We trolled out to fishing grounds and then cast-popped the rest of the day. The fishing gear was great but I would recommend bringing your own gear if you want to do anything besides troll; that way you're used to the equipment and get down to fishing quicker. I was quite pleased with my experience and hope to visit again soon. Volivoli is out of the way, which is great for fishing opportunities, but be prepared to eat most of your meals there unless you are up for some drives. Food is good so that was fine by me; if you're a fish eater, ask for the Kokonda.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Volivoli Beach Resort is a dedicated SSI and PADI dive Resort on Viti Levu, Fiji. It is owned and operated by the Darling family, 16 year veterans of the area. Dive facilities are world class and on site. All accommodations have ocean views. Nearby Bligh Waters are renowned for an amazing display of fish, pelagic creatures and soft corals. Guests enjoy snorkelling, kayaking, beach volleyball, fishing, village culture and sunset cruises. The Darling philosophy is simple - “We spend time talking to our guests, whether on a dive trip or over a cold beer,” says Nick, “This helps us fine tune the Volivoli experience.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Volivoli Beach Hotel Rakiraki
- Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji Rakiraki