“Great views, wonderful rooms, friendly staff”

Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Rakiraki
Hawaii
“Great views, wonderful rooms, friendly staff”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just spent a week at Volivoli resort in Rakiraki Fiji. I stayed in the villa style room and loved it. The bed was comfortable, the room was really clean,there was a washing machine so I could do my own laundry. The meal plan included breakfast lunch and dinner and I was able to order off the menu. The service from the staff was fantastic and I would go back. In fact I look forward to it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank douglas h
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, Your feedback is very much appreciated.

I hope that you will be able to return soon to enjoy our little slice of paradise again.

Regards

Nick Darling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Dalby Australia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This hidden treasure was away from the main tourist areas but was a magical find. The design and layout of the resort meant that all the bures had amazing ocean views. While it is primarily for divers, it still offers a lot for regular tourists. The staff were very friendly and I was impressed that they knew me by name after one meeting. It was a wonderful way to just kick back and relax. It was only a shame we couldn't spend longer there.

Room Tip: Any of the bures have magnificent views. Straight out to the ocean were 970 - 976.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, Your feedback is most appreciated.

The views certainly are truly spectacular and well worth the trip.

I hope that you are able to return and spend a little longer this time.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We just stayed there for a day on our way from Nadi to Suva. It was raining the first day, so it was an adventure getting there from Nadi. The view from the Studio vale's are excellent, and the snorkeling off the beach is good (I didn't see as much fish as I did last year, but that might have been due to the heavy rains they had in the previous 24 hrs).
A few small changes would be nice - they require the guests to walk up to the front office to get beach towels. This caused a lot of foot traffic in front of the studio vales. If they can transfer the towel handout to the beach area, that would make a big difference in guest experience. Second change I would like is some help to guests, who are checking in, with their luggage.

Room Tip: Avoid Studio vale 980 as it is adjacent to the office (plus a small children's play area) and th...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank SSFiji
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review if Volivoli Beach Resort, Your feedback is essential and very much appreciated.

I hear what you are saying and am happy to let you know that as soon as our new Dive Shop and Beach Bar is due for competed around December, we will be moving pool & Beach towel collection to the dive shop.

Also we have implemented a porter service that is available throughout the day as you need them.

I hope that you will be able to return soon, Please make sure you introduce yourself.

Colorado
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have traveled to Fiji for both fun and business over 25 times, and my travels had never taken me to Rakiraki and the northern portion of the main island of Viti Levu - until this most recent visit. After visiting Volivoli Beach Resort, I am now kicking myself for waiting so long to visit this magical place.

Our drive to Volivoli from Nadi was beautiful, passing by some beautiful sights, with tropical Fijian islands in the distance, past traditional Fijian villages, through the towns of Lautoka and Ba, and along some simply gorgeous scenery, with rainforest-clad mountains on one side, and the gorgeous South Pacific ocean on the other side.

Upon arrival at Volivoli, we were very warmly greeted, and immediately delivered to our Studio Vale. My Vale had breathtaking views of the bay and the nearby mountains. The vistas are what you dream of when you think of Fiji. My Vale was fantastic: a large covered verandah, a sitting area with comfy couches, a full kitchen (complete with a washing machine!), a few steps up to the bed which had amazing water views, and a really large bathroom. While the Vale is fully air-conditioned, I never thought about using it, as the ocean breeze through the many windows was just perfect.

The grounds at Volivoli are stunning - beautiful trees, tropical flowers of all colors, a great beach with sun chairs, a huge swimming pool complete with a swim-up pool bar, and more. I am embarrassed to say that I did have to check emails, so I used the resort's wi-fi, which was very reasonably priced, and was the fastest internet connection I have ever experienced in Fiji.

The restaurant and dining experience was fantastic. Food was plentiful, with very large servings and the menus were reasonably priced. The restaurant staff need recognition as they were incredibly friendly, fast to know and remember your names, and provided attentive service.

Two amazing highlights for me: a sunset cruise, and some awesome scuba diving. The sunset cruise takes place on one of the dive boats. We had a staff member playing the guitar and serenading us with Fijian music. Drinks and appetizers were served. And I'm not sure how they did it, but Volivoli produced one of the most beautiful Fijian sunsets I have ever witnessed. We even climbed to the roof of the boat, and were diving into the warm tropical water. A very fun experience.

Scuba Diving at Volivoli was one of the main reasons for my visit. I had been diving in these waters in the past, but it was a long time ago, and it had been from a live aboard dive boat. As I expected, the diving did not disappoint. Stevie and his team at Ra Divers did an amazing job. Great dive masters, a fantastic dive instructor, great boat, and a focus on safety. Our two dives were unreal - vibrant soft corals, incredibly healthy marine life, huge schools of fish, and an amazing variety of sea life. It was so amazing, we even did some snorkeling in between our dives - we couldn't get enough.

On the day we were there, the live aboard dive boat Fiji Siren arrived and anchored just off of Volivoli. We were fortunate to talk the captain of the Siren to let us come aboard to have a look around before it departed for its next cruise. Wow. By far, this is the nicest live aboard dive boat I have ever seen. Would be great fun to get a group of friends to charter the Siren. She's a beauty.

If you can tell, I am now a convert and love the Rakiraki area, and in particular Volivoli. Nick, Stevie and their amazing team have created a very special place. It was really difficult to leave, and if I could, I would have changed my flight home and stayed longer at Volivoli. Will definitely be back!

Room Tip: You can't lose with any of the Studio Vales - I would recommend those that have both ocean and m...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PaulTheTravelGuy
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Volivoli Beach Resort! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and managed to experience our underwater playground and mesmerising sunsets!

I hope you you may return to Volivoli soon.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Great views from the rooms. Reasonable prices and nice food. Restaurant service sometimes took the "fiji time" too much when servicing tables (this happened once out of 3 times so maybe it was just an anomaly).
Care and flexibility when catering to our needs what I would consider to be above and beyond what was expected was a very nice surprise.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Voytek199
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your kind review of Volivoli Beach Resort, feedback is always very much appreciated and vital as we strive to always improve our product.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and while "Fiji Time" is part of the charm of our Island we do work on speeding the service lines up.

Once again thank you very much for your review and I hope to see you return at some stage.

Buchs Aargau, Switzerland
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The remarkable group trip with Feejee Experience Tour brought us to Volivoli where we spent one night. The room was very simple and the shower, wich had to be shared with the room next door (fortunately not occupied), was a bit sloppy. But the food was tasty and we spent a wonderful evening drinking kava and telling stories.
At the arrival we had a overwhelming sight over the coastline. The resort is built in a slope. At the bottom you reach the beach with the perfect sight and relaxing hammocks. We're glad we've seen it!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ConnyGammi
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Bula Vinaka,

I am pleases that you enjoyed your time with. It seems you were one of the last guests we had from Feejee Experience as they no longer visit Volivoli due to the fact we have no more budget accommodation, Even the lodge that you stayed in is no longer in use.

I hope that one day you are able to return and experience the new and improved Volivoli.

Moses Lake, Washington
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Volivoli was lovely. The service was great. The rooms were delightful and the food was good. Great spot for divers or to just get away from it all. Night skies were breathtaking! Also very reasonable compared to many of the larger resorts in Fiji. They can also accommodate large groups.
Our only complaint was the horrible rutted gravel/dirt road that must be traveled to get there! It is 2 km or more and will rattle your teeth out. I recommend a jeep. We were in a Toyota sedan. Once you get there is is great, but next time I will come by boat!

Room Tip: It appears that all of the rooms come with an ocean view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank jmbhappy
FijiDiver_9, Owner at Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Bula Vinaka,

Thank you very much for your review of Volivoli Beach Resort, your feedback is very much appreciated.

I certainly hear what you are saying about the road which is improving as they work on building it up with the intention of one day sealing it. One thing is for sure...When you turn that last corner and start heading down the hill to the reception the views over the reef system are simply spectacular making the last 2km all worth it. Great advice to hire a jeep however simply to make the trip more enjoyable.

Nick Darling
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rakiraki
Hilton Fiji Beach Resort & Spa
Wananavu Beach Resort
#1 of 4 in Rakiraki
Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Volivoli Beach Resort Fiji? Share your experiences!