“Can't imagine staying anywhere else!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Avalon Garden Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kololi
Avalon Garden Lodge
London, United Kingdom
“Can't imagine staying anywhere else!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I spent 6 months in The Gambia this time, and my husband and I stayed here from 15th Jan to 29th April 2014. I soon forgot I was in holiday accommodation as I had everything I needed and could easily have carried on living there like it was my own home.
I second all the positive comments left by everyone else and met new friends (such as the Delabolicals) during my stay. Don't expect 5 star; if you want that, go and stay in a hotel and waste your money.
Special praise has to go to Caz & Stuart who never really get away from the job (plumber, manager, security, electrician, handyman to name a few things my husband called Stuart) and Caz has an excellent rapport with guests and staff.
I don't what else to say, other than I want to be back there.

Room Tip: No, I want the best one for myself! Seriously, the lodges are laid out identically, but if you'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Delabole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

What a find! Booked this 'blind' on the recommendation of a local friend, it couldn't have been easier to book and all the information given was clear. We liked the friendly responses to our emails and felt confident we would be ok for our month's stay but we had no idea how good it would be! Caz & Stuart made us so welcome & nothing is too much trouble for them or for their lovely staff (including bringing in fresh bread every morning).
The accommodation is spacious and comfortable but clearly could do with a general overhaul as the fittings are getting a bit tired. Lodges are cleaned to a high standard daily and linen changed every 2 days - better than the more expensive hotel we stayed in last year. There is a nice area of shaded grass to lounge on if you don't feel like going out.
Location is perfect for bars and restaurants more on the 'local' side than the more expensive Strip, but the beach is only a 10 min walk away.
We would love to have given Avalon Lodge a poor review so that there would always be a lodge available for us when we go back, but we we've got to be honest and take our chances with everyone else!!
Hoping to be back with you guys before the end of the year.

Room Tip: Avoid lodges nearest to the road due to the noise of the generator.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank The A
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have just spent 3 weeks at avalon lodge and cant praise the owners stuart and caz enough. The rooms are very good quality and spacious with all the facilities you could possibly need. i admit i spent most of my time out and about but whenever i was there had a good chat with caz( my second mother) and also the security lads musa and bob.
I would highly reccomend it to anyone whether on there first visit to gambia or a seasoned veteran of the area.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ian G
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

Thank you very much Kaz and Stuart. I had a fantastic time and enjoyed my time very much.The lodge is spacious and quiet. A place to relaxe, but not far away from the Senegambia Strip.
Your staff is very friendly. Cleaning, Watchmen, Service everything was perfect. I stayed 5 weeks and felt like home. Will defnitely come back! Greetings to your staff.

See you Marita, Hamburg in Germany

1 Thank Marita O
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great location, just a short stroll to Senegambia, beach and shops, with a lovely setting for the bungalows under large palms. Stuart & Caz made me feel very welcome and were on hand to help with anything I needed. Accommodation is generously sized with TV, hot shower and kitchen. Would definitely stay again.

3 Thank RHM001
Bootle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

This is the best place I have stayed at in the Gambia, 10 minute stroll to the strip or the beach but far enough to be quiet at night.
Lovely welcome from Caz & Stuart and their staff bungalows had everything you could need and nothing was too much trouble. Great value for money and I will stay here again without a doubt.
Bungalow had a large bedroom, bathroom always had hot water, lounge with settee and chairs TV with english channels, kitchen with full sized cooker and a good fridge for your beer.
Air conditioning in the bedroom which cost approx £8 for 2 weeks (yes £8).
overall a great holiday base and excellent value for money run by really nice people !

2 Thank daveb46
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Highly recommend safe lovely people large lodges only £ 20.00 per night for lodge with a large parlour fridge large bedroom with a excellent on suit bathroom with a hot shower air con and a fan provide I believe some lodges have a cooker also but I eat out while in The Gambia has the food is very cheap and excellent . The restaurant are is only 5 minutes walk away( Senegambia )where there are plenty of banks and place to change money The beach about a ten min stroll . If you have never been to the Gambia before give it a try . You can get flights for around £ 400 and I recommend you say at Avalon lodge rather than a hotel they all tend to have added extras where Avalon lodge has no hidden charges . They also can arrange to collect you from the Airport for around £10.00

Room Tip: Recommend all accommodation in Avalon lodge
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank andygambia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kololi
Kololi Beach Club
Smartline Palma Rima
Smartline Palma Rima
#5 of 8 in Kololi
Sunset Beach Hotel

Been to Avalon Garden Lodge? Share your experiences!