“Good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Good food”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We have been here over the many years we have come to The Gambia, and have always eaten here, the staff are outstanding always doing what they can to help you. We went on Buffett night, we arrived early so had a nice selections of starters, I felt this time there was not so much choice on the main dishes but the lasagne was outstanding. they need one dish that maybe plainer as my daughter would not eat. But what they did have was good and present well. So well worth trying.. Again very clean place.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ktbaker25

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Lebanese food”
Reviewed 22 December 2013

You don't travel to the Gambia to eat Lebanese but if you are tired of the local fare and want a substantial meal then this is a great place. We negotiated a 15% discount on the door and had a great meal. Its in the heart of Senegambia and, therefore, a real tourist area.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Simon B
bournemouth
“LOVELY ATMOSPHERE”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The food was fantastic,not the cheapest restaurant in the area,good air con. Have been many times,there used to be a live belly dancer but last time i went this was not happening sadly. Service is excellent and very clean premises.

Visited January 2013
UK
“Al basha restaurant - buffet”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

After looking at reviews I decided to try the Friday night buffet last night. I got there about 8.15pm, when the buffet was just starting.

Already the chicken had finished - had to wait around 15 minutes for more, as it had been used by people getting take-aways. The selection of hot dishes was poor - rice with lamb (minimal meat), lasagne and 2 chicken dishes. By the time the chicken came the rice was cold.

I was disappointed - it was a total waste of the 450D each. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited December 2013
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a hidden gem!! its a must”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

What a meal!! This was my first time trying lebanese food, and what a pleasent suprise!!
With a great variety of choice ranging from grilled meat to fresh fish to very tasty vegatian dishes!!
As a vegitarian I found it very hard to eat at the other resturant as their menus where mostly 'fast food'.
Albasha resturant is a step above the rest, you can taste the freshness of the food.. i highly recommend trying the 'meze for two' which consisit of eight different dishes
its excellent value for money and so tasty!! also make sure to ask your waiter for the special offers of the week as my husband and I had 2 glasses of free wine with our meal..
i will definately be going back on my next trip to the gambia!!

• Visited November 2013