“Perfect hotel”

Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Batumi
Ankara, Turkey
“Perfect hotel”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Ienjoyed every minute of my staying in this fantastic hotel. Perfect service, perfect rooms and perfect food. Also perfect pool. Hotel is located by the sea side and it was perfect to wake up and see a sky blu sea. Rooms design is absolutely charming and stylish. Room service is perfect. Cleaning services are perfect. Stuff is smiling all the time. I loved it. It has its own casino. Perfect in all means.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Tina T,

First of all, thank you for preferring our hotel and sending us such a great feedback. This is the best advertisement as well as motivation for us.

Also we would like to thank you for appreciating our efforts in maintaining highest level of service culture which we strive to impart upon every single guest. Our goal is to go beyond and above our guests' best expectations and we are happy to know that so far we are successful in that.

You are always more than welcome in our property. Looking forward to seeing you next time.

Omer Subasi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

It was my first and unforgettable stay at the Sheraton Batumi. My million thanks to all Sheraton Batumi team because of their professional, kind and helpful approach. My thanks to Marina, Tamuna, Iza from FO and Elene ( room service).

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear AbbasovFarid,

We are so happy to receive your great feedback about your recent stay at Sheraton Batumi Hotel. Thank you very much first of for preferring us and for sharing your positive impressions with other TripAdvisor readers. It was a pleasure to serve you.

Here at Sheraton we strive to do our best to turn each guest's visit into an unforgettable experience by providing memorable service and having an individual approach.

Your feedback is shared with our staff and they are extending their appreciations and warmest regards to you.

Hope to see you in the very near future.

Clermont-Ferrand, France
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The restaurant on the 20th floor at the sheraton hotel is really disappointing, first it is a strange menu with no style,I had difficulty finding something to order and when I passed the order they didn't have what I wanted ( humus with toasted lavash), so I ordered cheese plate to start, and my friend a chicken broth, there was to much pepper in the soup, she couldn't finish it, my cheese plate was really basic, 3 Georgian cheese decorated with 2 leaves of salad and 2 slices of red peppers.Then we ordered 2 prawn caesar salad ( expensive 25 GEL)
As I am a chef, I know very well food.the caesar salad should be made with romaine salad or at least some crispy iceberg salad, but this salad had green lettuce, witch once tossed in dressing is becoming really soft . the prawn where small (for the price)and the dressing not very good.For the service, not much better than food, we asked for water, one still and one sparkling.Both are served in plastique bottle and then the waitress took out the glass water and left the wine glasses.Then maybe the worst part my friend went the the lady's room and found there the male waiter smoking cigarette.I don't know if there is a restaurant manager or even an F&B manager but they should check there staff.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank frussia
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear frussia ,

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The hotel is a Sheraton with nice rooms, beautiful location and nice pool. The front desk was very welcoming but they recommend to us restaurant too far and not a the level we were expecting. The personnel at the pool speaks bad English. A bit disappointing the breakfast, they can do much better in terms of quality.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank usseglio
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Usseglio

First of all thank you very much for taking time and sharing your recent experience with us.

Thank you for appreciation of our rooms, convenient location and gorgeous pool. We are happy to read that you found our associates welcoming and genuine. They are really our main asset and we take prides of having such knowledgeable and caring staff. At the same time we are disappointed to learn that you did not like breakfast at our hotel, we would be happy if you share more details of your disappointment and give us further suggestions. We always take our guests' opinion very serious and do our best to take them into the consideration as guests' satisfaction is our main concern and goal.

Thank you once again. Hope to see you in the nearest future.

Paris, France
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The Sheraton Batumi is an amazing hotel on a business or leisure trip: Location (center), rooms (modern, clean nicely decorated), price (considering the services they offer it is great value for money) and especially for service (super friendly).

It was a last minute trip for me and I had to e-mail the hotel in the middle of the night to organise a pickup at the airport: upon my transit stop I got an e-mail explaining that they do not have private cars but they had organised a taxi pickup which i could also charge to the room. Once I got to the hotel check in was smooth. As a platinum member I was upgraded to a suite one one of the top floors. Room was modern, clean and well maintained with attention to details. I even had a welcome amenity with one of my preferred beverage, soft drinks, fruits and chocolate. I used the spa facility which offers and amazing turkish hammam. Unfortunately the pool was closed but was due to reopen on June 1st. I used the room service facility for diner that evening: excellent quality, price and generous portions (could not finish either dishes). I gave some laundry to clean in the evening for the next day in regular service, then due to a last minute change I had ti leave earlier so needed to get my laundry back, after one call and less then 5mn wait i was given the option to have my laundry clean within the next 3h and it was done! - One of the most efficient stays I have had in a long time. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful (reception, hotel manager, breakfast, rooms service, spa..). They also have a lounge on the 14th floor with snacks and hot hors d'oeuvres in the evening (and of course breakfast in the morning). The lounge has a terrace overlooking Batumi (best view in town).

Great service, keep it up!

Room Tip: Tray and ask for a view overlooking the sea (i had 1921 which has an amazing view over the sea...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Mallory M,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comment; it was a great pleasure to have you with us. We are delighted to learn that you had such an wonderful stay at Sheraton Batumi Hotel and shared your nice experience with our potential guests. This means a lot to us as we are always keen to do our best to go above and beyond and exceed our dear guests’ best expectations and it is always heartwarming to know that we are successful in our efforts.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our central location, precious and clean rooms, our Signature Products and what is more important found our associates very warm, friendly and genuine. Indeed we are really proud to have such a well trained, knowledgeable and professional staff that truly makes the difference.

Thank you once again for being loyal our brand and property. Really hope to see you in the very near future whenever your travel will bring you to charming city of Batumi.

With great respect,

Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Sheraton hotel in Batumi was everything we expected. There were a lot of nice amenities like a huge breakfast, a nice spa included in the price and wireless internet. We were happy to have stayed here, especially since due to rainy days, we were able to take advantage of the spa facilities since we couldn't be outside as much. The Sheraton staff arranged a cab to pick us up from the train station and even welcomed us with a birthday cake and a nice card. In general, the staff could have been warmer, but it was a pleasant experience and a hotel I would return to.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Amanda W,

We are thankful for the great review regarding our Sheraton Batumui Hotel! We are glad to read that your visit in our property was such memorable thanks to some personal touches and signature offerings that differentiate us from other brands.

We are also very happy to learn that you made it most of our gorgeous Shine Spa. Indeed in rainy days our guests can take advantage to rest, relax and have a nice time in this spectacular place-one of the bests in Georgia.

Thank you once again and hope to see you very soon in the nearest future.

Best regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Pluses: nice indoor pool with sauna/steam bath/Jacuzzi. Some staff really try to please (some reception, cleaning staff).
Minuses: No outdoor pool until the season opens June 1. No information about this on their website. Pay for parking. You must arrange this yourself; either stand in line at the bank for 30 minutes or go to one of the million "pay express" stations and pay 1 lari less. Pay for breakfast. To me it was the first time in my life I had to pay for breakfast in a 5 star hotel. $15. We didn't pay for breakfast, but we checked it out and it really wasn't worth it. Architecture. They seem to market themselves as a slick city hotel, complete with 10 foot photos of Bob Dylan and Bob Marley. The layout of the room is odd; a lot of unused space (maybe they could have built a parking lot?). There was some issues in the room with supplies and cleanliness. No city information. They had a terrible map and no idea about the bicycle system in Batumi (go to the info center by the singing fountains). Not great staff. Doormen do not open the door for anyone, or certainly do not help you with your bags, unless maybe if you are wearing a kilo of gold and have a GLand Mercedes. If you temper your expectations and pay their expensive room rates, you will have a good time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
MJIS1, General Manager at Sheraton Batumi Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear GypsyTraveller94,
We would like to apologize for all the challenges you had while visiting us recently and want to thank you for your feedback. We perceive your constructive remarks as a gift that gives us an opportunity of addressing all your concerns. Please be ensured that your opinion is valued and will be definitely considered as our number one goal is to do everything possible to make all our guests happy.

We do really hope that you will give us another chance of recovering your poor experience. Please contact me directly upon your future visit to Sheraton Batumi Hotel. We will do our best to exceed your expectation and provide an experience that you- our dear guest truly deserve.