“Acceptable price, decent location, but pretty poor quality”
Review of Citi King Palace

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Port Blair
Citi King Palace
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Arrived at night on a ferry from Havelock island and didn't pre-arrange accommodation. This was was recommended by a driver.

Location was decent enough in the centre of town, but cleanliness left a lot to be desired: seemed to be bugs in the bed so I slept fully clothed on a towel. Noisy aircon, no wifi. Cost of 1400 INR per night seemed ok for the standard.

Probably should do some research next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank KGB777

Reviewed 12 January 2011

To call this place a hotel is itself not correct. Moreover the staff is very rude and cheap. When I booked the hotel they intimated that they are having bath tubs in the rooms but when I checked in I found that cap of the bath tubs were removed. When I enquired about the same the manager intimated that he told only that bath tubs are there but since I not asked that whether they are operational or not he did not tell that they are non operational. There is no facility in the room even the AC fitted in the room is in a bad shape. During my stay of five days they changed the bed sheets and towels only once and that too after lot of arguments. Once I asked for the water and I was shown the water tap from where I can get the water. Once some water was fallen on the floor of my room and when I asked the staff to claen it he gave me one dirty cloth and asked to clean the water myself. I was not able to change the hotel as it was too late and that's why I was forced to stay in such a bad place for five days.
My sincere advice is to everybody to just avoid this place otherwise it will be a horrible experince.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jabbarminya
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I stayed in this hotel recently (Dec. 3rd week). The Manager is very cheat. He initially promised to give AC Deluxe room with extra Mattress (Though there is not enough space to put an extra mattress in the room) at certain rate however when he prepared the bill, he asked additional money for extra mattress. In fact he came DRUNK and knocked the door of our room and threatened us if we don't pay. Ultimately we have to succumb to his such tactics as the fellow was drunk and we were to leave the hotel in the next morning (this fellow don's come to hotel till 11AM).
There are no other facilities in the hotel as claimed on various web sites. Even room service does not exists. If u ask for water, they will show u the water tap to fill up the bottle yourself
Just avoid such hotels if u have any other alternative.
The car parking they claim is on the road (open for every body) and moreover who will take a car from mainland to Andaman for leisure trip ??

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank vikkash
Reviewed 26 October 2010

i have been to andaman recently.its a great place.
my daughter is very small. so my main concern was getting her food at such a place.even i called the hotel person from my place also and confirmed that i will get at least hot milk for her and he assured me also.but after going there he just put his hands off and told us that we are too much DEMANDING.now what do u mean by that.u are charging 1500 bucks and dont want to give anything. a room with toota futa AC and no pantry.
my experience was really terrible.they are not supplying even drinking water in the rooms.there intercom not working.....
everything is a mess.and that too they are saying that the hotel is renovated now...
i will really recommend people that dont go to this hotel if u are having small children.they are just providing room only....

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank ujjAhmedabad
Reviewed 18 March 2010

Rooms are a bit stuffy, but excellent location in the Main Market area. U can easily go for long walks in the market.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family