Hotel Silver Spring
Anugama Resort(Port Blair)
US$72
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Sinclairs Bay View(Port Blair)
US$125
Haywizz(Port Blair)
US$59
US$57
Agoda.com
SeaShell, Port Blair(Port Blair)
US$152
US$120
  • Breakfast included
Sun Sea Resort(Port Blair)
US$56
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I have visited Andaman first time with my family.we were stay here for three days from 13th to 16th Nov'13,we were check out this hotel on 17th morning.Our rooms were booked through Travel India.We were stay here in the room no. 304 & 305,one of the room is very spacious and clean but other was not so, house keeping is little bit slow on the other hand restaurant (room service and food quality) facility was excellent especially Mr. Nitin was very helpful.After all we want to say only one thing what i read through review about this hotel we were check in the hotel in a negative mind set and we check out from this hotel with a nice memory and now we can say freely that this is one of the nice hotel in Portblair anyone can stay here with full family for fooding and lodging both.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank kanhaiya2013
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This place looks nice from outside but lacks the service from within especially for the price you pay. Not a single person in the hotel was smiling or even interested in welcoming guests. While we didn't mind too much since we were there for hardly half a day, it's appalling to see such a lacklustre hotel. Their superior rooms were worse than the standard one. We were put on a superior room and ac gave us so many problems that we had to switch it off and sleep in suffocation. They claimed that they didn't have another room to give and have such odd check out timings (7:30am) that we were forced to stay put in the same room.The rooms were clean, but amenities were bad. The breakfast... Well... The less said the better. The food otherwise was decent.The only solace was the fact that it was on the main road and very close to both the petty and the airport.
The 2 stars is purely for the food sans the breakfast and the location of the place. Avoid if you can!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harini2285
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Hi,

This is the first time I have visited Andaman with my family. I was so much eager and thrilled because of this trip but on the other hand I was little bit nervous and confused because of landing to a new place .
Once I landed to Port Blair the first hard nut to crack was to find a suitable hotel for 10 days stay. I have changed 3 different hotels in first 3 days and I was very uncomfortable in their services and ambiance of those hotels.

On the third day I have taken a room in silver string mg road jungli ghat port blair hotel and I felt very comfortable only after that.
The room which I have stayed is 101 which has amble amount of space and very clean refreshment areas. The way how the staffs taking care of their guests are really appreciable.The quality of food and other things also is extremely satisfying in a affordable budget.

If I come to next time in this place surely prefer this hotel and I will all ways recommend to others who going to visit Andaman with family.
I am so happy to say my thanks to the management and staff of this hotel who made my wonderful trip as a fabulous one.

Regards,
Mithun.AK

Room Tip: room 101 is the best
Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Mithunak2002
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We went on our trip to Andamaan & it was the biggest mistake to book this hotel.
Do not take Room 101 as its bathroom is filled with cockroaches (you wont be able to see them initially as they come inside through a shaft).
Initially we were given this room and everytime we went to the bathroom, could locate atleast one cockroach at the door.The next day we insisted on a room change & over there found a lizard!
Thankfully, there was just one.
Out of our 5 nights stay 3 nights we had already spent & we were no more in a mood to change the room. We reported this to the reception guy & he gave us a lame excuse that since the restaurant is there on 1st floor, the insects come from there.

Packed breakfast was "BAD". The bread was stale, there wasnt any butter on it.
The best part was on the day of our Jolly Buoy trip, we had informed them prior evening about packed lunch as we had to leave the hotel early, since there is no meal options available at jolly buoy. In the morning, when we went to collect the same, the restaurant guys were clueless...

I would not recommend this hotel at all, please stay at your own risk

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ankita85
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Feedback basis recent visit (June 2013)

1) Rooms were clean, Rooms service was ok.

2) Quality of food served was Pathetic. Vegeterian dishes were not worth eating in particular dal served is not worth paying Rs 130. Chapatis served were again too costly & too small in size. Morning breakfast served (Packed Lemon Rice) had a dead cockroach in it. Sweet Sauf served after food was having 100+ ants crawling on them.

3) DO NOT EAT FOOD HERE, Prefer going to Blue Sea Hotel approx 400 Metres from hotel wherein only DELICIOUS Vegeterian Food is served & quality/service is excellent. Rates are also better than rates in Silver Spring.

Room Tip: Room no 206(Executive Class) is spacious good in comparison to other rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family