This is a long review, so just go to the bottom for the learnings if you are in a hurry. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THESE PEOPLE ARE CHEATERS.
Me and three of my friends were on a trip to Hyderabad and looking for a hotel in the city centre so that all the spots we wanted to visit will be nearby. Our auto-rickshaw guy stopped us at this place (he is with them I suppose) and we took a single non-AC room. Because it was a room meant for only two people we were asked to pay extra. Fair enough, no issues, we thought, better than taking another room. We bargained only a little. The guy at reception 'made' it into a package as we were going to stay for three days and agreed to include the 5% service tax in the package.
Our ordeal started once we entered the room. We noticed that there is no hot water. Intercom phone was not working. Had to go down to the reception and ask for both. Intercom was fixed and but there was no hot water. Had to call again. Now they say there is a fault in solar water heating system. Agree to provide the hot water in buckets. They want the bucket in our room, for they don't have a bucket. Unbelievable. That was too much. We wanted to move out.
We found another room nearby, cheaper, cleaner and so much better. We went to the reception to tell that we want to move out tomorrow. Now they say you need to pay according to the standard rates plus charge for the extra person as it is not a package anymore. We argue that the package has 24-hr hot water. They say that they will fix it in a couple hours.
The hot water problem was never fixed. Had to run behind them all the time. 'Dua karo' (pray) that hot water comes was one of the answers. We decided to cut short our trip by a day, wanted a day's money back. Didn't get it.
When we were checking out, they added 5% service tax. Infuriated, we argued that the tax was included in the package, but in vain.
1. The price of rooms in the brochure is too much. You will get it 2.5 to 3 times cheaper. Bargain. They WILL agree. There is no maintenance cost. So, they can give it to you for even 500 Rs.
2. If these guys give you discounted rates as a 'package' with tax included, get it in writing. On the receipt, in their register, everywhere.
3. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT: Never, never pay for more than a day's stay. They will insist. Don't agree. They WILL agree.
4. Pay minimum possible deposit.
5. Ask for all the facilities that they claim to provide. If not there they will give excuses, never buy those.
Hope this review helps and you don't go through the experience that we went through. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Rainbow International Group is a Luxurious and opulent are the two words that describe Hotel Rainbow International, Shamshabad. The hotel is in close proximity to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport (RGIA) and Nampally Railway Station. Explore the city of pearls freely by choosing your stay at Hotel Rainbow International, as the geographical location of the hotel will make sure that you can visit all the hot spots in a jiffy. Hotel Rainbow International, Hyderabad. The hotel is in close proximity to Places like Charminar, Golkonda, Salarjung Museum, Birla Mandir, Ramoji Film City, and many others are very close to Hotel Rainbow International, Lakdikapool, Hyderabad. The hotel rainbow international Group, is also well known for the facilities it provides to the guests. The rooms at the Hotel are well decorated and features amenities like Free WI-Fi, satellite television, air-conditioner and more. So book your stay at Hotel Rainbow International. Lakdikapool, Shamshabad, and Banjara Hills, Hyderabad and enjoy your visit to the happening city to the fullest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Rainbow International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.