“Liers and cheaters, never ever stay here!”

Rainbow International Hotel
Ranked #294 of 325 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This is a long review, so just go to the bottom for the learnings if you are in a hurry. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. THESE PEOPLE ARE CHEATERS.

Me and three of my friends were on a trip to Hyderabad and looking for a hotel in the city centre so that all the spots we wanted to visit will be nearby. Our auto-rickshaw guy stopped us at this place (he is with them I suppose) and we took a single non-AC room. Because it was a room meant for only two people we were asked to pay extra. Fair enough, no issues, we thought, better than taking another room. We bargained only a little. The guy at reception 'made' it into a package as we were going to stay for three days and agreed to include the 5% service tax in the package.

Our ordeal started once we entered the room. We noticed that there is no hot water. Intercom phone was not working. Had to go down to the reception and ask for both. Intercom was fixed and but there was no hot water. Had to call again. Now they say there is a fault in solar water heating system. Agree to provide the hot water in buckets. They want the bucket in our room, for they don't have a bucket. Unbelievable. That was too much. We wanted to move out.

We found another room nearby, cheaper, cleaner and so much better. We went to the reception to tell that we want to move out tomorrow. Now they say you need to pay according to the standard rates plus charge for the extra person as it is not a package anymore. We argue that the package has 24-hr hot water. They say that they will fix it in a couple hours.

The hot water problem was never fixed. Had to run behind them all the time. 'Dua karo' (pray) that hot water comes was one of the answers. We decided to cut short our trip by a day, wanted a day's money back. Didn't get it.

When we were checking out, they added 5% service tax. Infuriated, we argued that the tax was included in the package, but in vain.

Few learnings:
1. The price of rooms in the brochure is too much. You will get it 2.5 to 3 times cheaper. Bargain. They WILL agree. There is no maintenance cost. So, they can give it to you for even 500 Rs.
2. If these guys give you discounted rates as a 'package' with tax included, get it in writing. On the receipt, in their register, everywhere.
3. THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT: Never, never pay for more than a day's stay. They will insist. Don't agree. They WILL agree.
4. Pay minimum possible deposit.
5. Ask for all the facilities that they claim to provide. If not there they will give excuses, never buy those.

Hope this review helps and you don't go through the experience that we went through. :)

Room Tip: Don't stay here, period.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
11  Thank TravellerMH1234
Rainbow G, Manager at Rainbow International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

We Thank you for taking the time to review our property/business. We truly value the opinions of our customers and we apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Providing our guests with the best possible hospitality and service has always been our mission. We have addressed the cleanliness issue, and or, spoken with the employee in question. We want you to know that we truly enjoy sharing our passion for our destination with visitors and want you to walk out the door feeling refreshed.”

Reviewed 26 November 2012

hope fully i gone though the review and cross checked with hotel people it is some other people was commented bad about hotel i personal stayed in this hotel, the services developed cleanses also increased the attitude of the employees also very respect full and the location and price very much affordable

i personally recommend this hotel for leisure and corporate client also

i wish all the best for entire Hotel staff

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest, Warm greetings from Rainbow International Hyderabad and thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We are very pleased to learn that you had a comfortable stay in our property and happy to note that you found most of our services up to your satisfaction. Thank you once again for the valuable feedback and your patronage of Rainbow Group Hyderabad. The Team and I look forward to welcome you back to a better and enriching stay with us. Sincerely, Mahender Group Revenue Manager

Reviewed 23 October 2012

I was in Hyderabad with a friend and ended up in this hotel on being solicited by autorickshaw-wallas. The hotel room seemed nice and the rate seemed good at Rs.1100/- a day. However, the ordeal started once we decided to checkout. The hotel refused to refund our security deposit and asked us to use the amount the next time we were in Hyderabad. On threatening to approach the local police, the hotel agreed to give back our security deposit.

My review, try best to avoid this place. Last but not the least, hotels with good reviews are usually good.

Room Tip: If possible, never visit this place.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Pran71

Dear Guest, Greetings from Rainbow International! Thank you for your recent stay at Rainbow Group of hotels, Hyderabad. It was a great pleasure having you with us. I really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write and share your valuable feedback. It is very sad to note that you had an unpleasant experience. Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. I have personally discussed your valued comments with the concerned departmental head and team and briefed them suitably. We are also having a root cause analysis along with the training department to rectify these loopholes and majorly focusing on skills training to the staff. Corrective measures have been taken to avoid such occurrence in future. Request you to treat this incident in isolation and not let it mark your impression of the hotel as it is our earnest endeavor to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your stay with us is truly most enjoyable. Feedbacks/suggestions given by people like you are taken on top priority, which will enhance us to deliver better service. I once again thank you for your support and look forward to welcoming you back to Rainbow Group, Hyderabad. Best Regards, Mahender Group Manager.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

Ok. First of all This Hotel is actually 2 hotels. One is the Rainbow International and the other is Rainbow Residency. Both Hotels are downright cheaters in their own way. I stayed here for 3 days and got the worst possible reception. Here is the List of Problems i faced.

1). They told me room rent was Rs 1000/- for double bed- Single room. I said it was too much, as the quality of the room was very poor. Then they agreed to Rs 700/- and i said ok. But on the day i was leaving they refused to return me Rs 450/- due on them and cited additional taxes.

2).Room service men, security guards, housecleaning staff, even the receptionist kept asking me money for tips, chai, lunch etc.

3). Not once did anyone pick up the intercom phone when i dialled. I had to go down to the reception physically if i had to order something!!!

4). The plates and glasses delivered to the room were always unclean and required additional cleaning by me.

5). Housekeeping never changed the bedsheets or pillows or the bathroom towels for the matter.

6).Since it is situated @ a busy part of the city, loud noise coupled with mosquitos will render u sleepless.

7).Lastly my fried got urine infection from the unclean toilet and had to be admitted.

MY OPINION:

Please pay a little extra but try to check into a better hotel in this area. Don't be shy of bargaining the rates printed. U can easily get good accommodation @ decent price. I suffered a lot in these 3 days, and i advise you to avoid the mistake i made.

Room Tip: DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT stay @ this hotel. These people are the biggest hood winkers in this area.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Auro90

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I had booked this hotel for 5 days from 26th Dec to 30th Dec.2011 by on line booking, as per the mail recived on booking, my check out time was 17.00 Hrs. on 30th Dec. but I was asked to pay extra money for one day if I want to continue beyond 7.30 Hrs on 30th Dec.
even after showing them my booking confirmation mail in which it was very cleary mentioned that my check out time was upto 17.00 Hrs the management refused to agree.
very shameless & dirty way of Cheating.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank sunilPonda_Goa

Reviewed 8 January 2011

Dear All,
avoid this hotel even if u get the room for free! it's to dangerous, we stayed for alomst 3 days and we had fire coz of electric shot and there was no fire alarms nor fire exit found, we are about to die in that time, thanks for Hyderabad police who helped us escape from this, further more after the fire we lost our money, mobiles and sunglasses by hotel staff as we were at apollo hospital getting medication from the fire.
furthermore , no one can sleep at this hotel because it's located near busy signal and u can hear horn 24 hrs a day and bed bugs /mosqetoo is available in the bed.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank redland_2003

Reviewed 21 September 2010

We stopped here for a night on our way to Vizak. This is one dirty place with stinking lobby, dirty toilets, smelly room, soiled bedsheets and pillow cases. Cleanliness is not in the priority of this hotel so please avoid this place at all cost. The front desk people (who also sleep in the stinking lobby) took ages to prepare the simple receipt when we checked out.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business