I stayed at the Courtyard Hyderabad for over 30 nights staggered over May and June since I was transferred to Hyd, and was waiting for my apartment to get ready.
The following was my experience -
- Very comfortable and well maintained rooms. Room 5125 was the most comfortable (with the best view amongst the rooms I stayed in, at the end of a corridor), where we spent the last 19 days. Akram at the front desk was particularly helpful in allotting this room at my request.
- Good breakfast spread with an extremely cheerful and helpful manager (Roshan) every morning.
- An overall disappointing experience with the restaurants at lunch/dinner, both with the quality of the food and the quality of the service.
In room service, the quality of food ranged from good to very poor, with the very basics sometimes being ignored. I once ordered lemon rice on request and was amazed to find that the peanuts in the rice were hardly roasted and were almost raw! At other times, the paneer was consistently chewy and not soft. Yet another time, the chef chose to send me (without pre-checking!) a sandwich of his own choice, since the one I ordered could not be prepared.
My wife and I also had lunch twice at the Okra in the adjoining Marriott. While the desserts in the buffet were excellent, the starters both times were lying dead cold in the buffet spread. Even when requested at the table, it were the same cold starters that were picked up and served. Not expected of a hotel of this class. Service at the Okra was surprisingly poor with us constantly having to wave out to draw attention. This was not only the case at the Sunday brunch (which is crowded, that could be an excuse) but also surprisingly on another day when the restaurant was largely empty.
At the Momo cafe, we had the dinner buffet once- the choice was extremely limited and the service was poor.
- At times, an exasperating lack of attention to detail. e.g., soup being served in room service without salt and pepper, items specifically requested for being missed out to be served, only one glass being kept in the room although we were on double occupancy, amongst others. At the Momo cafe, in the dinner buffet, neither do the servers inform you of the items available directly at the table (starters, ice cream), nor is anything listed on the table in a menu card, nor is it on display at the counters! You get to know what's available if you chance upon somebody else having something that you weren't served!
- Extremely poor quality of laundry service- This really does take the cake. When the laundry charges are as exorbitant as they are, one would expect absolutely impeccable service. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We must have given laundry about 5-6 times. In one instance, clips/hooks were broken, which was very annoying but I ignored it thinking it must be one-off. However, the immediate next time, i found a button on my shirt broken. Unfortunately, I had already checked out and realised this after getting home. Not expected when you pay 200 odd rupees for a shirt wash!
All in all, a good hotel for a short stay of 3-4 days, where most of the detail goes unnoticed, but not recommended for a longer stay, since there are gaping holes in the service that then come to light. Also, I would stay clear of dining at the Okra or at the Momo cafe.
The Management at the hotel really has a lot to do in order to retain even the 3 or 4 star tag that the hotel holds.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Courtyard Hyderabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.