“Centrally Located Hotel in Hyderabad”

Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad
Ranked #18 of 332 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed for a night on 3rd July,14 . Nice spacious rooms with all utilities & friendly services. Check in was friendly & quickest & so was the check out . The only restaurant on the ground floor although spacious but lacks decor & ambiance. Breakfast & dinner which I happened to have in the hotel could be rated as okay but nothing exceptional. Room service & house keeping was efficient. Bar was expensive.

Room Tip: Prefer front side room . Back side rooms give repulsive views from windows.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Mr Dhanda,
I am pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad. Designed keeping in mind the needs of a modern day traveler, the hotel is a retreat for business travelers. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service. Please be assured I have taken your feedback and have discussed with my team to ensure we improve guest experience. I look forward to welcome you at the hotel soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our experience at this location was not that great. I am Marriott Platinum member for a long time and we always had great experiences with Marriott properties. We had lot of issues at this location.

I called up previous night before check in for requesting on room upgrade being platinum member. We were told that request will be honored. When we checked in, we were told that there are no suite upgrade available. When we requested again, we were given upgrade later during the day which caused us to rush and pack our stuffs again to move to different room. I wish, it was handled more professionally. We always had suite upgrade during previous stays with Marriott in India and US. Also, we understand that this was not peak session.

We rented Marriott car for local transport. We were overcharged for this facility. Looks like, they just want to generate revenue for each and every penny specifically when they see NRI's or foreign nationals are staying which is very bad.

We had SPA service at this location and overall service did not met our expectation.

We were charged for water bottles at restaurant and room. Normally it is complimentary being platinum members.

Check out process took long time as they took too much time to correct our bill. We were almost about to miss our flight

I would like to add that Hotel staff was courteous to our needs but was lacking professional customer service for which Marriott is known for.

I will not recommend this location to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Mr Vijay Tuli,

I regret that your experience at the Marriott has not been up to your liking. Mr. Tuli, I would like to apologize for the lapses you experienced during your recent stay with us. As you are an esteemed guest of the Marriott, we deeply regret that we were unable to provide you with a suite as per your request as we did not have any available at the time of your check in, however we did our best to provide you with one in a short span of time. Consumption of bottled water at the restaurant is on chargeable basis and please be assured that we do not treat our domestic or international guests differently. Our standard of service and hospitality is the same to all our Marriott guests irrespective of their nationality. I have discussed your feedback with my ream to ensure that we take necessary action and avoid such situations in the future. We use a third party car hire service who is a preferred vendor for most 5 star hotels and their charges are standardized across cities. We take pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction and unfortunately we were unable to meet your expectations . Please be assured that I would request you to kindly treat this incident in isolation and give us us one more opportunity to showcase the signature Marriott hospitality.

War Regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed for two nights from 8th till 10th decent place right in heart , beautifully done large rooms , thoughtfully done bathroom , every thing what a discerning business man needs , a generous spread for breakfast , tasteful and sumptuous , staff the biggest strength they have no fake plastic smiles genuine hospitality kudos keep it up

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear Ms Hem G
I am pleased to hear that you had a comfortable stay with us. The location and close proximity to business hubs and tourist attractions makes Courtyard by Marriott, Hyderabad a preferred location. Built on the contemporary design philosophy, the hotel takes into account all the needs of a modern day traveler. Thank you for commending our food and hospitality; it is a compliment to hear that our genuine smile and service has touched your heart. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed with wife and 2 kids in the executive deluxe - twin bed. Had a very comfortable stay. The highlight being great food from MoMo cafe. Amazing job Chef Naveen. Breakfast spread is amazing, not to be missed even if not staying with the courtyard.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Srivathsa_dv

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

I am delighted to hear that your family and you had a fabulous stay. At Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, our focus is on ensuring that all our guests have a comfortable stay. Thank you for commending MoMo Café and Chef Naveen. I have shared your feedback with him and he is happy to hear that he helped make this stay memorable for you. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Was a rush trip with my parents in Hyderabad for a conference and I wanted them to meet my to be wife, having had long stays at Marriott earlier, my only choice was Marriott and 2 days spent there were totally wonderful, with excellent service and a comfortable short stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Mr NikhileshMahakur,
I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a fabulous experience. I hope the meeting with your parents and your wife to be went well.I also hope you had the opportunity to go sightseeing as the hotel is in close proximity to most local attractions. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service as at the Marriott our effort is to ensure that all our guests are comfortable and have a memorable experience. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is the second time I stayed here however I can't count the first one since they upgraded me to their Marriott property last time. This time it was a weekend stay with Family. A surprise visit for a short vacation to Hyderabad. And the hotel was also part of the surprise. The rooms are clean and with good amenities ( however we got a bad view since it was first floor and blocked by the hotels facade) .. anyways it did not matter since we were not in during day time.. Breakfast was ample and good and the service was excellent.. The staff was welcoming and courteous .. and the price was excellent too.. overall a great satisfaction from me and family ..

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sai9701
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Mr Sai9701,

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a memorable stay. Thank you for commending our hospitality and service. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Courtyard Hyderabad for over 30 nights staggered over May and June since I was transferred to Hyd, and was waiting for my apartment to get ready.

The following was my experience -
- Very comfortable and well maintained rooms. Room 5125 was the most comfortable (with the best view amongst the rooms I stayed in, at the end of a corridor), where we spent the last 19 days. Akram at the front desk was particularly helpful in allotting this room at my request.
- Good breakfast spread with an extremely cheerful and helpful manager (Roshan) every morning.
- An overall disappointing experience with the restaurants at lunch/dinner, both with the quality of the food and the quality of the service.
In room service, the quality of food ranged from good to very poor, with the very basics sometimes being ignored. I once ordered lemon rice on request and was amazed to find that the peanuts in the rice were hardly roasted and were almost raw! At other times, the paneer was consistently chewy and not soft. Yet another time, the chef chose to send me (without pre-checking!) a sandwich of his own choice, since the one I ordered could not be prepared.
My wife and I also had lunch twice at the Okra in the adjoining Marriott. While the desserts in the buffet were excellent, the starters both times were lying dead cold in the buffet spread. Even when requested at the table, it were the same cold starters that were picked up and served. Not expected of a hotel of this class. Service at the Okra was surprisingly poor with us constantly having to wave out to draw attention. This was not only the case at the Sunday brunch (which is crowded, that could be an excuse) but also surprisingly on another day when the restaurant was largely empty.
At the Momo cafe, we had the dinner buffet once- the choice was extremely limited and the service was poor.
- At times, an exasperating lack of attention to detail. e.g., soup being served in room service without salt and pepper, items specifically requested for being missed out to be served, only one glass being kept in the room although we were on double occupancy, amongst others. At the Momo cafe, in the dinner buffet, neither do the servers inform you of the items available directly at the table (starters, ice cream), nor is anything listed on the table in a menu card, nor is it on display at the counters! You get to know what's available if you chance upon somebody else having something that you weren't served!
- Extremely poor quality of laundry service- This really does take the cake. When the laundry charges are as exorbitant as they are, one would expect absolutely impeccable service. Unfortunately, this was not the case. We must have given laundry about 5-6 times. In one instance, clips/hooks were broken, which was very annoying but I ignored it thinking it must be one-off. However, the immediate next time, i found a button on my shirt broken. Unfortunately, I had already checked out and realised this after getting home. Not expected when you pay 200 odd rupees for a shirt wash!

All in all, a good hotel for a short stay of 3-4 days, where most of the detail goes unnoticed, but not recommended for a longer stay, since there are gaping holes in the service that then come to light. Also, I would stay clear of dining at the Okra or at the Momo cafe.

The Management at the hotel really has a lot to do in order to retain even the 3 or 4 star tag that the hotel holds.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
SharadDattaGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Hyderabad, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Mr Sunil R
At the outset I regret that your experience has not been up to your expectation. Please be assured that I have heard all your candid feedback and have discussed it with my team. Since most guests at Courtyard prefer a quick meal, our options are less extensive at MoMo cafe. However anticipating the needs of long stayers, our chefs are happy to prepare a meal of your choice at any given point of time. I would like to discuss the feedback mentioned with you and I hope you would treat this experience in isolation and give us another opportunity to showcase the signature hospitality we are renowned for.