“Management didn't allow for unmarried couple to stay in”
Review of Swagath-De-Royal

Swagath-De-Royal
Swagath-De-Royal
Ranked #28 of 284 Hyderabad B&B and Inns
Vilnius County, Lithuania
“Management didn't allow for unmarried couple to stay in”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

In this hotel I was not allowed to stay in with my boyfriend, even though I was allowed to book and pay for double room for 7 nights and they didn‘t ask for details of other guest. They wouldn't allow us to have dinner together in the room either. And when I got sick because of climate change and food and he was there for me, hotel staff gave him only 30 minutes to comfort me and after that he was asked to leave. Staff also came to my room to rush him out. So all this was really humiliating and depressing, I didn't expect that to happen in India, I thought India is not like Middle East...

Food at the restaurant was good.

In hotel staff there were different people working, some of them were very friendly, helpful and nice, some of them not. However I felt they need more training. For example, they can call you at night when you are asleep and ask to come to the reception desk to pay for taxi services, even if you are not checking out or anything. Also they keep insisting that I did eat food from mini-bar, even when me repeatedly saying that I didn‘t and that I am not lying.

Room (203) was clean, although quite a lot noise coming from street.
In all, I paid quite a lot for my stay, but I was poorly satisfied with the service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
28 Thank Gina_Anna_Maria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Not foreigner friendly, I am sorry I do not have good things to say about this hotel. the stay was a nightmare. Staff who did not know how to treat a customer like customer. After having paid around 4000rs per night for a whole week , the staff behaviour was like that of a 'c' grade hotel. I guess there are other places which are higher rated and give out their rooms for a similar price.

It all started with " you consumed the stuff we put in the mini fridge in your room" I was so busy with my own conferences I did not even care to open it in the first place. The worst part of it was I was charged for it. I avoided confrontation as it was a new city. I did not want to lose my focus on my conferences and talks so I let it go.

Everyday there was somethng broken and something needed to be fixed. It was not a smooth stay.

Food was not good. People were not as hospitable as I was told hyderabadis were known to be. It was a nightmare , if I were to come on a holiday I would stay away from this hotel to prevent spoiling my mood on my trips. I do not know if the staff were trained for being hospitable, speak in english. As I paid all of my charges ahead of my coming, that was why I guess they were all bossy as I had no choice but to lose the money. It definitely defaces hyderabad's reputation for its hospitality and respect.

other restaurants and hotels that I visited in hyderabad were really really top class , I miss hyderabadi food which I had outside in other restaurants.

I am rating 1 star only because there is no chance of rating -1 and there is a chance for improvement for them . I do not want to be looted and let this be known to everyone so that this does not happen to fellow travellers.

Room Tip: terrible staff, not value for money, not foreigner friendly, terrible hospitality, something or the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank cubekumar

Travellers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel Swagath De Royal has Buffet lunch,dinner and breakfast all very reasonably priced with excellent quality.I tried out the buffet breakfast with my family and was really surprised with the sumptuous spread with the reasonable price I paid.It is also well located at the Kothagudam crossing of Hightech city of Hyderabad and easily accessible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Chirantan C
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The hotel is situated in Kondapur few kilometres from Hi-tech city and 30 km from airport.The hotel is decent and the staff are quite cordial and helpful with a smiling face.The road facing rooms are good both in the 1st and 2nd floor.They are quite spacious and sound proof from the road side you will not get disturbed by plying vechiles noise.The food is also good in from service,they have restaurants which serve buffet complementary breakfast which is good the spread is good.There is buffet lunch and dinner on payments there is also a restaurant and a bar.Rooms should be checked before cheek-in as some of its electrical points and some bathroom fittings may not be in order.Take sufficient time to check-out,otherwise it is fine

Room Tip: Rood side rooms they have a window facing the road
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
7 Thank 12345125
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed there for 3 days...Rooms were neat ..Bathrooms were very clean ....was welcomed with a welcome drink and a cake...Complimentary breakfast was good... very near to hytex exhibition centre..Night Buffet was also good. overall a memorable stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank varun_Senthil
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I liked the clean rooms and pleasant service provided by the hotel staff. Internet was not working on one of the days. But otherwise the stay was comfortable. Complimentary breakfast was good. Would come stay again and would recommend to friends.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Jay R
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 27 April 2014

It was good to be here, decent ambience, better facilities and courteous staffs.
Would recommend this for sure. Receptionist was also good :)
Got complimentary breakfast too, which it self was awesome.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business