US$183
US$116
US$82
US$124
Novotel
Vivanta by Taj Begumpet(Hyderabad)
US$100
Taj Hotels
US$71
US$65
Hotels.com
1,008 results
All reviewsrose petalshorse drawn carriagehigh tearoyal experiencesufi musicjiva spagol bungalowjade roomvenetian chandeliersdining tableindian restaurantentire citymoment you arriveguided tourevery eveningmain gatehyderabadi cuisine
Reviewed 2 July 2014

WOW! My husband and I booked for afternoon tea on the terrace after reading all the wonderful reviews on this Taj owned hotel. We were not disappointed. It was truly like stepping back in time 200 years. We were shown to our terrace table with the city of Hyderabad laid out before us in the distance. We were the only guests so we had the place entirely to ourselves. Tea was served with much pomp and ceremony - the waiter took the teapot away after pouring us each a single cup - when I asked if he would mind leaving the pot his response was "No madam, the tea will infuse too long and become undrinkable - I will replenish just as many times as you need." And indeed, he did, I think we had four cups each in total! The pastries and sandwiches we had would have put the London Ritz to shame - so delicately made and tasting superb. We were offered replenishment of all the food - which we declined. After tea we were given a personal tour of the palace (only the areas that were open to non-residents) - but this did not matter, we saw everything we wanted to see - all amidst the floral scent of roses, whose incencse burned in every room. If you visit Hyderabad and you miss this rare gem - it would be a very sad thing. Not open for casual visits - you have to book in advance - and I urge you do. We are going back in August to stay for three nights and I CAN'T WAIT - to be treated like royalty in an authentic Nizam's palace - what's not to love?!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank foxycroxy
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent visit with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your visit with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

We hope you have your booked the resevations with us on falaknuma.hyderabad@tajhotels.com
Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for a memorable stay.

I’m also delighted to share exciting news with you. We have been awarded with three more prestigious accolades, adding to our existing enviable list.The Taj Falaknuma won the Best of Best Hotels 2014 by Robb Report. Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Heritage Hotel Awards 2014. We were also bestowed with the Gold E award of Excellence and recognized as World’s Best Hotel (2014). ENTRÉE, is a privately published high end monthly traveller newsletter, which is dedicated to the discovery of special places for the discerning and sophisticated travellers. And last but not the least we have also been voted as the Favourite Indian Heritage Hotel in India by Outlook Traveller Readers, 2013.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Went to the Faluknuma on 26th June with a group of friends, blocked the Adda for dinner and palace tour at 7.00pm. We were promised tour with a palace historian - at the appointed time there was no historian but a staff from TAJ who was the guide for a group of 25 people. This group was too huge in size for one lone guide. Please do note that cameras are not allowed in the palace.
The dinner at Adda was overtly priced, and the food very average- not at all premium in nature. The alcohol is also expensive but guess this is the price that you need to pay for a heritage property. Overall a one time visit, would not go there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank shameel_sham
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace.

At the outset, please allow me to apologize for the experience that you had during your last visit at the Palace, and I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback, which has helped us strengthen our processes to ensure that we meet every expectation of all our guests visiting the Palace.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the cuisine at our Hyderabadi restaurant Adaa, which we have shared with our Executive Chef. I would like to share with you that as an attempt to maintain history of the Palace, in our kitchens we pride ourselves to serve the original recipes from the Palace kitchen and attempt not to alter them, however if there are any specific feedback that you would like to share, we would be delighted to receive the same and see how we can incorporate it. With regards to the liquor pricing, all the liquor served at the Palace is imported, and the tax structure in the state for imported liquor is among the highest in the country, this does make our selected liquor more expensive.

Thank you for your feedback on the Palace guided tour, we have taken your feedback, and going forward we’ll ensure that if there are large number of guests in a tour we have the same broken in two groups. We would also look at further training to ensure that all associates are able to give our guest the feel that they are getting the desired quality attention.

Taj Falaknuma Palace prides itself in ensuring that all our guests have a stellar experience and clearly we have fallen short of it on this occasion. I would however request you to please treat this as a solitary incident, and I sincerely do hope that this does not mar the overall impression you hold of the Palace and, that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you back, and experience the palace at its best. I would like to assure you that the team and I will ensure that you have a flawless and a memorable experience. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back.

In the meantime if there is anything else that you would like to share, please do write to me on tfpgm.hyd@tajhotels.com .

Warm regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Wow...u r transported to another world. A world of an era gone by . As if u are witnessing history. Beautiful property. Immaculately maintained. Each n every nook n corner seems to narrate a story. U will feel like royalty. Words r not enough to describe this property. Just go and visit history........

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Rajesh69agarwal

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Beautiful palace hotel; located on the outskirst of the city, hence more suitable for tourists. Airport to hotel: 30 minutes; hotel to city centre:30-45 minutes.

Nice welcome; with an initial ride on a horse carriage from the hotel entrance to the lobby, and golf carts thereafter. Excellent period furniture, extraordinary 100 seater dining table, and miscellenoeus heritage allows for a 30 minute walkabout with the resident historian. Peacocks in the gardens.

About 60 well appointed rooms, good airconditioning, great bathrooms. Need to walk in the open air to the lobby/restaurants. Great city views from the restaurant.

Over enthusiastic service; decent food quality.

Check the weather and visit before the hotel comes apart (as it is difficult to maintain).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Singhjee
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Pros:
Great heritage property
Meticulous restoration and attention to detail
Well maintained lawns in a very old part of Hyderabad

Cons:
While the Indian restaurant was not a con per se, the food was underwhelming.
Prices seemed exhorbitant

Hats off to the Taj group for working with the Nizam's family on restoring this piece of history. In most western countries this would be totally off limits to tourists, but here the visitors could touch and be part of history. Perhaps some of the truly old artifacts deserve to be glassed off to preserve them longer, but I digress. Definitely a must visit for dinner or afternoon tea and a walk on the grounds.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family