“Close to heaven. .”

Ranked #3 of 307 Hotels in Hyderabad
Italy
“Close to heaven. .”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Wonderful historical place beautifully preserved. The service is perfect and everything is cured in any little detail. I loved the huge breakfast on the terrace and the sweet sound of the sitar at sunset.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Antonella133
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 13 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent stay with us at our Palace. We were delighted to read that your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

I’m also delighted to share exciting news with you. We have been awarded with three more prestigious accolades, adding to our existing enviable list.The Taj Falaknuma won the Best of Best Hotels 2014 by Robb Report. Travel + Leisure India & South Asia’s India’s Best Heritage Hotel Awards 2014. We were also bestowed with the Gold E award of Excellence and recognized as World’s Best Hotel (2014). ENTRÉE, is a privately published high end monthly traveller newsletter, which is dedicated to the discovery of special places for the discerning and sophisticated travellers. And last but not the least we have also been voted as the Favourite Indian Heritage Hotel in India by Outlook Traveller Readers, 2013.

Taj Falaknuma Palace

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
India
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Have stayed at mostly all the Palace hotels in india and Falaknuma is clearly the best amongst all. Everthing in the palace is original and the hotel guests can explore and feel exactly the way the Nizam's lived, nothing is out of bounds. The jade room , the longest dining table which can seat 101 people, the library , chandeliers etc are just the perfect setting . The sufi music in the evening at the terrace with the background of the city has a magical effect . The food especially the Indian was excellent . The swimming pool has a great location and very relaxing.
They have a champagne palace tour everyday and the palace historian explains each and every aspect of the palace in great detail, they also have a Hi tea daily at the Nizam's suite which is very impressive.
What makes it special is the Taj Service , the staff is exremely polite and efficient and every need of yours is taken care of .. we loved our stay and will be back cerainly again .. a must visit for anyone who want to spend a good long weekend ..

Room Tip: We were upgarded to a suite so lived like royalty
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank rohitgupta99
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 16 August 2014

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the Taj Falaknuma Palace for another memorable stay.

Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at Falaknuma several times and each time has been fabulous!

Food in both of the restaurants is delicious. However, we prefer the Italian one. Make plans to have high tea and the sit on the verandah to hear the singers.

The service and staff are top notch!

Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Allison A

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Dinner at Taj Falaknuma Palace for our 10th Anniversary on 14th July 2014.

I booked a table at the Taj Falaknuma Palace a few days before (48hours notice is needed). Called them and the response was smooth and was given all the required info. I wanted details on mail and again received a prompt response.

There are 3 restaurants non-residents can choose from. No buffet.
Adaa-Fully Indian. Celeste-Italian & Mediterranean fare. Gol Bungalow-Chef's set Indian/Italian Menu.

I booked a table at Gol Bungalow as it has an open view of the city below. Price per person Rs.5.5k+taxes.

From the time we entered the gates till the time we left, service was just wow!!!. Taj standards I must say. Every staff we encountered, be it the buggy driver, the guards, the tour guide, the waiters-everyone was so courteous and made us feel special. While leaving, we were surprised when the guard who co-ordinates the buggy rides wished us "Happy Anniversary Sir and Madam". We were touched that he actually made an effort to find out if we had come for a special occasion and wished us.

In the 1/2 hour tour of the palace,we had a feast for the eyes where we got to see the opulence and luxury with which the Nizam's lived their lives. The rooms, the paintings, the works on the ceiling and floors are to be seen to be believed. The 101 room which can accommodate 101 seated guests at a time for lunch/dinner was mind blowing. Everything has been maintained so well by Taj. After the tour it was time to feast our mouths and tummies.

It was a 7 course meal and the food was simply delicious. The kababs both veg and NV were melt in the mouth types. Paneer was so soft and so was the mutton kabab. Chicken was flavorful and prawns was excellent. Corn was crispy. Dal makhni was creamy. Both Veg and Mutton Biriyanis were so tasty and yummy. We just had to stop with a small portion of the biriyani as we were already stuffed by then.

The surprise at the end-Set on a small table a little away--a small complimentary chocolate cake wishing us for our Anniversary (because I had mentioned that it was our 10th Anniversary while booking).

All in all - it was a Taj experience all the way. Hospitality was just awesome. The slight drizzle, the cold breeze, the view of the city lights below...all of it made it so much more romantic for us.

Ordinarily one might not visit Taj Falaknuma for lunch/dinner, unless your a resident there. But one can, just for an experience or for any special occasion or just for the heck of it.

Tips-Be there at least half an hour before, so that you can take photos on the Palace grounds. Palace tour starts sharp at 7pm. Photos are not allowed during the tour.

Dress code-Semi formals for men. Jeans allowed. Closed shoes. No such code for ladies.

Route - Take the Inner ring road take inner ring road till chandrayanagutta flyover and turn left into Falaknuma road OR get onto the ORR and get down at Rajendranagar and connect to inner ring road if you want to avoid the Towlichowki traffic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Liju1974
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 26 July 2014

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful review post your recent visit to our Palace. We were delighted to read that your anniversary celebrations turned out to be pleasant and memorable one. We appreciate your warm feedback on our Palace and the services. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Often one is set up for disappointment when prior stories and recommendations are so good...but the Taj Falaknuma Palace exceeded all expectations! Extremely professional staff with exactly the right degree of friendliness, wonderful room, great food, history galore and a magnificent spa. Overall the experience was simply sublime in every respect! My only gripe was the extra charge for internet access but the GM assures me this is being addressed at the highest level and is only still in place due to existing contracts with 3rd party suppliers. This is a MUST for anyone travelling in India...and I will return soon!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
9 Thank Anton M
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Greetings from Taj Falaknuma Palace!

I look forward to welcoming you back to Taj Falaknuma Palace ,I would like to share our monsoon experiences offer if you email us on falaknuma.hyderabad@tajhotels.com.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My profession enables me to sit on various awards adjudication committees.In one such committee, earlier on in the year, dealing with HR and business we decided to give the Award in the services category to Taj Group of Hotels.This was not without some vigorous discussion among seven leaders of the profession,ferociously independent minded.The key arguement against it was that they have not invested enough in new properties.I wish all members had seen Taj Falaknuma Palace.

My wife and I visited it this weekend.It is an utterly out of the world place.Shaped like a scorpion, it, like all similar structures of the times, is perched on a high hill like elevation.We alighted from the car,at the gate, to mount a horse drawn buggie.When we alighted in front of the palace a new world awaited us.In the Hyderabad early-June heat we were greeted by the Asst Front office Manager complete with wet towel,aromatic drinks and ofcourse,the shower of rose petals and with rose water sprinkled. It was cheerfully delivered and a warm welcome lead us to the reception in what used to be Nizam's room,which in turn lead to a Library shaped like it is in Buckingham Palace,with a collection so rich and well preserved that it simply cannnot be replicated.A blow by blow account of our initial encounter with this Palace turned into Hotel is, impossible. Even the Archeological Survey of India could take a leaf or two out of this experience.With nearly fifty rooms and two restaurants,not to talk of spa,swimming pool,billiards room and much else that would go into any modern Hotel I had before me a version of heritage brought to life not only by deligent HR intervention but a re-creation of aspects of HR from late nineteenth century

If the decor was highly European, because that is how it was originally conceived,their mediterrranean restaurant offered authentic cuisine.Consider what we had for lunch on the first day:Amuse:Costini of Guacamole and tomato relish,lettuce wrap of olive tapenade,mango basil soup;Salad: roasted beetroot pure,poached plum,Philadelphia cheese,cucumber rolls and sesame glass noodles with organic lettuce;Mains:duet of Chillies and pasta;steamed fish oriental infused with sauteed vegetables and herb raosted potaoes;Dessert:Chef's selection of sorbets.

We would have had more, if we could!! It was truly like being below the sky!!!Falaknuma is the name!!!

Room Tip: Corner suites offer the best choice of sitting out on two flanks of verandah or a suite with aircond...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Vinayshil_G
chandigarh
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Me &my wife stayed at this majestic palace from 14th to 16th june.
The check in was smooth..rooms, room service was excellent thanks Michael. Food at the indian restaurant was too good. Thanks Samnaresh.
A surprise farewell was too much appreciated..thanks pushpendra.
Memorable stay...
A hearty big thanks to Mr Girish...

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank kapilas
TajFalaknuma, General Manager at Taj Falaknuma Palace, responded to this review, 7 July 2014