“Good hotel- could be improved”

Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City
Ranked #12 of 318 Hotels in Hyderabad
Auckland
“Good hotel- could be improved”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed at the Lemon Tree Premier while attending a conference at the HICC centre nearby.
The room was clean functional in all respects, and the servicing up to a good standard. Internet access as functional the laundrey service good for the price.
The Citrus restaurant was very good and the breakfast service inlcuded in the price was excellent- I especially enjoyed the masala dosas which the chef would make on demand while you watched.
On the downside,the cost of drinks via room service was very pricey(over 200 rupees for a can of tonic water) and the service at the reception desk was often slow, which was annoying if you were in a hurry,
One incident was especially annoying and spoiled an otherwise very satisfactory stay.
I was leaving quite early in the morning and made apoint of ensuring the bills were all paid the night before and then checked with the desk that all was in order when I handed my card-key in and checked out (morning 21 July). I set off in the taxi rather pushed for time, but as it U-turned to get onto the main road, it was flagged down by Lemon tree security who insisted I return to the hotel , saying I had not paid.
This needless delay was not only humiliating, it nearly made me late for the flight. It was doubly annoying because the reception manager on the desk had had ample opportunity to check I'd paid my bill (as well as the hotel having my credit card details) when I checked out and was waiting for the taxi.
It's a shame that one moment of managerial idiocy spoiled my stay- but assuming this was an isolated incident it would not stope me recommending Lemon Tree Premier as a good option for travellers staying in HiTec city.

1 Thank AntonyT
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Response:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City, Hyderabad.

We are happy to know you appreciated our fresh and clean rooms, warm and friendly staff and the delectable food at our 24X7 coffee shop and restaurant Citrus Café. I however apologize for the inconvenience you faced at the time of check-out and assure you that the Front Desk team has been aptly re-briefed to follow all predefined processes and be very prompt and proactive in handling Check-outs.

Our intention was to offer you a very refreshing and comfortable stay and are saddened that we could not fully achieve this. We assure you of a better experience on your future visits and thank you for recommending us.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.phy1@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City, Hyderabad

15 cities. 25 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Czech first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you're booked into a hotel in the heart of Hi-Tech city, you are unlikely to have time to do much other than grab a good breakfast in the morning, and crash in your suite at night after a long, tiring day at work. When you are making such a trip, what you are really looking for is some serenity. Unfortunately, most hotels, in their eagerness to please, tend to overwhelm. Lemon Tree Premier is refreshingly understated elegance and perfect convenience. The rooms are thoughtfully furnished with all the necessary amenities you would need, the staff is genuinely warm and pleasant, the facilities are excellent, and the breakfast spread is wonderful.

And there are two things that I was totally swept away by

1) As soon as I entered the suite, around midnight, I was greeted by a refreshing lemony aroma. It was a long day, I was tired, and I had not even registered the name of the property fully but the moment I opened the door and the burst of lime hit me it all fell in place. Was out like a log before I knew it . I am an early riser so I got up groggily and sauntered into the bathroom the next morning and sleepily peeled off the packet containing the soap to be hit for the second time with the freshness of lime. The square bar of lemony soap looks, feels and smells like it has been made straight out of lime. The story was complete. The Lemon Tree branding had registered for good. I think I actually imagined the soap lather washing into the drain to be made of lemon fibres. I don't know if I just happened to be in a receptive state or the entire experience has been designed in that sequence but it works, it really works. All the qualities of cleanliness, purity and good health that the memory of lime invokes are impressively replicated in the experience. Extremely impressed.

2) After enjoying sumptuous breakfast for two days in a row accompanied by extremely warm, attentive and efficient service I was moved beyond words to learned from Mr. Safdar at the front desk that almost 40% staff including F&B comprise people with hearing disabilities. I couldn't believe and can't believe till now that these boys and girls, whichever from the abundant staff at the citrus these were, were indistinguishable from the others as they answered becknowns, provided clarifications and scurried around with dishes. I learned that Lemon Tree is in fact working hard to expand services to provide even more opportunities to marginalized folks. Full respect.

Lemon Tree Premiere at Hyderabad is a precious experience in today's mindless age, and Lemon Tree promoters and management are clearly an endangered species of businessmen that are probably giving back more than they are getting from the hard work they put in every day.

Very satisfied, extremely impressed and a clear fan. Way to go guys!

Room Tip: Probably ask for a room overlooking the main road so you can see the lights of hi-tech city in the n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Premier, Hyderabad. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay.

We sincerely appreciate your taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note your positive review. I have shared your compliments with the entire team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.I have passed your compliment to chef for the lovely breakfast .

At Lemon Tree Premier, Hyderabad, we endeavour to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you soon with our friendly smiles and signature lemon fragrance.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.phy1@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

New York
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first time at a Lemon Tree hotel. I stayed there from Aug 1st to August 3. From the time we arrived at the hotel, I was very impressed by the warmth and hospitality of the front desk staff. I was upgraded from a superior room to a junior suite and had a courtesy early check-in. It could have been that it was not peak season, but nevertheless it was a great welcome. Special mention to be made of Safdar who was extremely helpful.
The suite was clean, comfortable and very attractive. The entire hotel is very eclectically decorated and I particularly got a kick out if the framed t-shirts with funny quotes...puts a smile on your face. The artwork and decor is wonderful. Free Wi-Fi was an added advantage. The breakfast buffet was fantastic with great variety. My dining experience at the Kebab restaurant was wonderful too. The staff was attentive and very hospitable. It was a bit disturbing to hear a gentleman at the next table complain for half an hour about his soup that was not served in time. I think it was a bit overdone and rude, because we had a very pleasant experience.
The hotel is located a bit far from the main city but I did not mind at all. I highly recommend this hotel to all visiting Hyderabad, although I have heard great things about other Lemon tree hotels from friends.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note your positive review. I have shared your compliments with the entire team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.I have passed your compliment to safdar who has been very resourceful and asset to company.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

in the heart of Cyberabad, Hyderabad a comfortable and cool hotel. safe, secure, extra security at each floor. Neat & clean and above all good service at all levels. Rooftop pool is an added advantage. Buffet breakfast has awesome variety,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, HITEC City, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note your positive review. I have shared your compliments with the entire team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration and especially to citrus cafe team who served you during your meal.

I am sure you must have tried our award winning Pan Asian restaurant " Republic of Noodle" and Bollywood themed Indian specialty restaurant " Kebab Theater" .

At Lemon Tree Premier, Hyderabad, we endeavor to be consistent in ensuring that we deliver excellent service. We look forward to welcoming you soon with our friendly smiles and signature lemon fragrance.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Stayed 3 nights during July 2014 - conveniently located if you are a business visitor to Hi-Tec city area. The buffet breakfast and dinner at the Citrus Cafe are excellent. I loved the Double Meetha (ShahiTukda in Hindi aka bread pudding). Housekeeping was prompt in fixing a leaky faucet. Overall staff service was excellent.
There are several chain restaurants nearby like Pizza Hut, McDonald's. Local specialty restaurants such as Ohri's Paradise are within 1 km. We chose to walk to the Night Bazaar and shopped at Shilparamam and had dinner next door at Paradise. You can also buy local favorites like Karachi Biscuits and Pulla Reddy sweets nearby - they have branches at the airport as well.

Room Tip: 11th floor is best as the swimming pool is on this floor
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note your positive review. I have shared your compliments with the entire team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.I have passed your compliment to chef in dessert section for the compliment of double ka meetha and chef was really touched with the same.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Lemon Tree Premier of Hitec City, Hyderabad is a new but established hotel mainly serving travelers visiting the Htec City. It is inside Hitec City, very near to the Cyber gate. Cyber Tower is at a distance of about 2 km. From the airport it takes about 45 minutes to reach the hotel. The hotel can be easily located as it is a towering landmark.

The hotel is neat and clean. The rooms are big. There are a few good restaurants in the hotel. Breakfast buffet menu is having good variety. The staff at the front desk as well as at the restaurants are very courteous and professional. Wi Fi is free.

There is an auto stand right in front of the hotel. Therefore travelling within Hitec City is not an issue. For going to Hyderabad or Secunderabad you can hire auto, taxi or even choose to travel by bus from the nearest bus stop. However, this location is best suited for people with business in Cyber City.

Overall experience is nice. There is a feel good factor associated with this hotel!

Room Tip: Select rooms facing the main road for better views.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I stayed at lemon tree for 1 month due to work, prior to coming i was a little nervous as it was my first time alone. I can now say i had nothing to worry about, each and every need of mine was met perfectly and i did not feel alone! the staff are amazingly friendly and will try and do everything to accomodate your needs. I will actually miss this hotel and the staff i feel i have made good bonds with them all. everyone went above and beyond to make me feel welcomed and comfortable, thank you to all at lemon tree, the reception staff, and of course the citrus cafe staff, especially Vishal, Pronoy, Sridhar, Puja, Ali, Abhilash and Vaishali! Thank you to you for serving me so well and always smiling, even after a hard days of work i felt refreshed walking in seeing your faces! I would recommend all to come and stay here! Thank you again and i will miss you all!
Thanks to Amit for always keeping my room clean too!
Sandip Johal

Room Tip: For alone women travelling try and stay at level 2 womens only floor.
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your taking time off to share your experience on Trip Advisor and are delighted to note your positive review. I have shared your compliments with the entire team for whom it has been a great source of inspiration.Vishal ,pronoy and pooja has been doing splendid job for the customer service .