“Convenient, budget business hotel”
Review of Hotel Kens

Hotel Kens
Ranked #127 of 317 Hotels in Hyderabad
“Convenient, budget business hotel”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights in August 2014, breakfast basic western and South Indian, helpful staff, restaurant, tasty and simple, room large with fridge and microwave, TV, air con and fan. Room prices negotiable. Location convenient foresight seeing.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Pune, India
Reviewed 18 February 2014

i have been staying with us in this hotel for 3 days and wished to share my experience.
The hotel is good with spacious rooms. The amenities are good. The amenities are perfect. they got ovens in room which was of good help. As i used to return late from work and as i have carried ready to cook food, it was helpful for me. Morning Breakfast buffet is excellent. Staff is helpful.
Its located in a peaceful locality and don't have sound pollution as you find in other upmarket hotels in Hyderabad.

Room Tip: good hotel with perfect services
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Chicago
Reviewed 23 March 2013

When I arrived to my room late near midnight my a/c wasn't working. Moved to room 2 and the a/c in that room had trouble. Maintenance came to room and fixed. Now we are going on 1am in the morning and I'm exhausted from traveling from Chicago. Get settled in my room and I pull back the sheets and there's black hairs in the bed. I'm a blonde so I knew it certainly wasn't mine :) LOL. Exhausted and already changed 2 times I resorted to the couch. 45 minutes later after I'm in a deep sleep there's a knock at my door. The person at the door is telling me it's housekeeping and it's near 3am?? Being a young female and all the rape news I wasn't opening my door for nothing! I called down to the front desk to ask why someone would be knocking at my door and he told me they left he master key in my room when fixing the a/c. Leaving the door chain latched I handed out the key. It would've been nice if they called and warned me they were wanting to come in my room or just wait until the morning. Woke up looking forward to a warm shower and my water was cold ughhhh. Didn't bother eating breakfast I had a local friend pick me up and had breakfast at their home. They DO NOT take AMERICAN EXPRESS either. Bed was hard and obviously dirty. They only thing I enjoyed was the internet connection here.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank OOFA2

Travellers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in Jan 2013. I booked the hotel online and had no difficulty in checking-in. I took a standard studio room and found it to be well maintained and clean. furniture was worn out a bit. Linen was clean but towels were hard and rugged. Cant open windows to enjoy fresh air.

Toilet was clean but looked old. Room service was slow but helpful. Breakfast is complementary and was good. There is in house restaurant 'Pebbles', which is clean and serves good food. There is a super market and a small hospital nearby.

Room Tip: If you opt for studio flat. Choose room # 511, because its larger than other rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Overall Location of the proeprty is quite good, property is located at heart of the Hyderabad.

Hotel provide basic amenities, Rooms are quite good.
Quality of food is not great. Hotel provide Break fast only veg and that you have to eat mostly south Indian.

This property is good only if you want to spend night for business trip. cannot stay with family or for other purpose.

This is value for money deal.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel is near Jubilee and Banjara Hills, so is well located. It has the basic amenities required of a business hotel, but barely. However, considering how cheap it is, it is good value for money - could be useful for accommodating lower rung employees on travel.

The rooms have microwaves for some reason. Beds were comfortable, nothing fancy. Food preparation was slightly slow, but other service prompt.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Mumbai
Reviewed 21 October 2011

I happened to stay here based on the earlier review. The hotel has nicely designed rooms but lacks cleanliness. The bathroom had used soap. The bed had hair and when called for room service, no one bothered. After a while, I happen to go down and yell. But the Owner who was in his early to late 50s was extremely impolite. He kept frowning like I was lying. Though it is closer to banjara and jubliee hills area, I would suggest other better ones around.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business