“Best Thai food and the best Thai restaurant ever i have been to”

Vivanta by Taj Begumpet
Ranked #13 of 318 Hotels in Hyderabad
Hyderabad, India
“Best Thai food and the best Thai restaurant ever i have been to”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Best Thai food and the best Thai restaurant ever i have been to.

Great selection of dishes. They have your basics as well as other items as well. Hard to go wrong with whatever your choice is whether it’s the fried rice, the noodles, the curry, etc. it's all delicious.

Food:

1) Tom yum (shrimp) soup: tasted really good on a hot day, really helps increase your appetite! Good flavor and there were plenty of shrimp!
2) Papaya salad: good flavor and tasty ingredients! Also another good dish to enjoy on a hot day!
3) Pad Thai vegetable: delicious! The noodle was perfect and the flavor was all there!
4) Yellow curry lamb: really tasty! I liked how they cut the lamb, made the dish seem fancier! Tasted really good with rice!!

Service:

Service is pretty good, Very friendly and fast. The Restaurant Manager and his member are very attentive and will help with anything menu inquires. Always quick with the beverage and food refills as well. It gets pretty crowded and loud around dinner with all the food lovers. The best part they know you by name and our food preferences too. I wonder who and where you will find this much detailing.

Ambiance:
There are beautiful chandelier in the middle on the restaurant which makes the place look like it palace decor. I like the entire heavy Thai decor! The tables are set not closer together so it doesn’t seem like you have less privacy. There is a live show case kitchen showing some Thai cooking chef, which was nice to watch when you are anxiously waiting for your food to come! It's an overall nice place to dine.

Price:
Prices were decent and well worth it, though we ordered a lot! . The bill for three person came out to be around 3900/- with tax,

overall:
I'm very happy with our meal and service! I would totally a comeback! Can’t skip the names that every time made my day joyful is- Gaurav, Suranjan, Nilodpal, Sarabjeet, Amity and Sapna.

Location:
Being in the heart of begumpet it’s very famous to find out a specialty restaurant associated with Taj.

Note-
Been here several times when I was attending conference. Always a hit and rarely a miss with the people I've been with. Pretty big portions and can be shared family style. No matter whether you go with a group or single you all will have ultimate best dining experience.

Room Tip: alll the rooms are the best.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 850andrew
VivantaHyderabad, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mr Andrew,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to dine at Thai Pavilion, Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent dining experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy to know that you had an excellent gourmet and a delightful service experience at Thai Pavilion.

We look forward to welcoming you again, and assure you of our best services and fullest attention at all times.

Jaikant Shroff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 July 2014

If its Hyderabad, i choose Vivanta for its location, decor, rooms and above all the courtesy and politeness of their staff. And I am not just boasting, but this has been consistent with every stay in this property. My special commendations go to a young, attentive achiever, ANKUR SINHA, Duty Manager, whom you can not miss anytime at all. Hospitality staff at our 4 star/5 star hotels in India are way better than anyone elsewhere, but this is the guy to-go-to! Vivanta has chosen him well!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank R_bhambri
VivantaHyderabad, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Mr. Bhambri,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy to know that you had an great stay with us and thank you for the kind words about the Hotel. Special thanks for acknowledging the efforts of Ankur Sinha.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 27 July 2014

i stayed here for almost 3 weeks on a work related trip and there after had been going for some weekend trips ,its an excellent property with a central location,and no doubt that the hospitality of taj in India is compared to none.The buffet of breakfast is excellent,they had arranged for a barbeque lunch for us every Sunday near the pool and it was awesome.There is a tease lounge at the ground floor and it has a very good ambiance,plus ladies drinks free on a Saturday.awesome place with best value for money

Room Tip: stay higher ,ull get the view of lake of hyderabad
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
VivantaHyderabad, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, 28 July 2014

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad. Providing an excellent stay experience is our reason to be. We are indeed happy to know that you had an great stay with us.

Kutch, India
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Great hospitality...excellent and helpful staff...comfortable room but slightly cramped...restaurant average plus: needs some innovation....HIGH POINT is the courteous staff, their smiles and great attitude...will love to stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 28 June 2014

A Typical Taj Hotel, that spells "Functional & Business" the minute you walk in. Prompt Check-In and a great Check-Out. An Amazing Breakfast Spread better that some of the places I have been to. The Rooms are spacious and clean, very modern and well equipped. Room Service is very prompt and courteous. And so is the Housekeeping.

Room Tip: Be careful that you take rooms which are not towards the back of the Hotel, and especially floors on...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
VivantaHyderabad, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Sir,
Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad!

Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad.
At the onset let me apologize to you on the behalf of my team for not living up to your expectations on your recent visit to our hotel where you experienced a foul smell. Let me assure you that corrective measures have been taken by our engineering team and will not leave anything to better our services and live up to the esteemed expectations of our most valued patrons, such as you, on your future visits. It is our endeavor at the Vivanta by Taj to provide our patrons seamless, convenient and world-class services.

However, at this occasion we have fallen short of your expectations. I urge you to please give us another opportunity to serve you and we will take care of you and ensure you are treated to the service levels we are known for.

We look forward to welcoming you at the Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet once again and please let me know if I can be of any help at Hyderabad on any of your visits, assuring you of our best services and fullest attention always.

Warm regards,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 24 June 2014

worth for money. Stayed only for 02 nights in May and found good. spent time in fitness centre and restaurants especially Thai food was extremely delicious. Definitely would love to stay in near future.....

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
VivantaHyderabad, General Manager at Vivanta by Taj Begumpet, responded to this review, 26 June 2014

Hyderabad
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My sister walks in to the hotel as she wanted to gift me a suite and some arrangements to be made in the room, surprisingly the whole activity consumed 2 hours. (I could not believe when this was told to me that a room booking took 2 hours) bad service cannot imagine any service industry to consume so much time for a booking.

I checked in the room and was treated well, was offered welcome drink which was fair enough. The room was pretty good and neat & clean. The room was nice big and spacious and it was too too too comfortable to stay. The cake which was kept congratulating me was nice fresh and tasty. Overall room was a 4.5/5

I checked out and I was asked to pay the service taxes as the rest of the amount was already paid, which I did. My sister enquired and I told her that I was asked to pay the service tax and I had paid it, To my surprise she showed me the booking email and it stated clearly the price and inclusive of all taxes. We had to go back to the hotel and show them the email and the amount was refunded which was good and smooth. Was disappointed as the brand “Taj” charging extra I mean does the system not show up what is been paid and what has to be charged from the customer or are the staff not trained enough to handle such request.

Overall : A Bad, Good & Bad experience when it comes to service. Room’s great place to stay

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Prasun_Patel
Dear Mr. Prasun,

Greetings from Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet Hyderabad! Many thanks for choosing to stay at Vivanta by Taj, Begumpet – Hyderabad.

At the onset let me apologize to you on the behalf of my team for not living up to your expectations on your recent visit to the Hotel. I have already made a note of your disappointment and let me assure you, necessary measures have been taken.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused. May I request you to treat this incident in isolation and let it not mar the impression of the hotel you have had from your past experiences, as it is our earnest endeavor to provide you with the highest level of service and to ensure that your experience with us is truly most enjoyable.

I urge you to please give us another opportunity to serve you and we will take care of you and ensure you are treated to the service levels we are known for. We assure you of our best services and fullest attention always.

Warm regards,