“A Business Hotel with a Personal Touch...a heady mix!”
Review of ITC Kakatiya

ITC Kakatiya
Ranked #8 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
New Delhi, India
“A Business Hotel with a Personal Touch...a heady mix!”
Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

You first point of contact is "Room Reservation" and Prabin makes sure that your welcome is as efficient as it is warm!

Once you are in the Hotel, the quiet efficiency of House Keeping Staff, headed by Ms Ila takes over. I have always stayed at the Kakatia on business, and this was my first experience with the family. The personal touch of the House Keeper, making sure that every convenience is available to you even before you can ask, is touching and ensures that your holiday is memorable!

The day starts with an sumptuous breakfast spread, charmingly supervised by Chef Srinivasan, and if you like South Indian fare, you couldn't be in better hands! And the day ends with Chef Bharat who will make even the humble Basa Fish taste delectable. I had the salmon steak, JUST the way I like it. Delicious! And if you are on a holiday, I would strongly recommend the Biryani at 'Kebab & Curries', quite the signature dish! Both in the Hyderabadi as well as the Lucknowi style! And remember to finish with the Shahi Tukra....the perfect finish to a great meal.

The Hotel is quietly efficient, and has that warm personal touch that makes your stay so very special. The ITC hallmark of super hospitality!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Debu H
ITCKAKATIYA, General Manager at ITC Kakatiya, responded to this review, 8 August 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I travel to Hyderabad 2 to 3 times a year. I spend about 45 days at this hotel each year. Services here is amazing. The staff is very attentive, they are always looking for ways to make me feel comfortable. They even prepare food for me that is not on the menu. Rooms are very clean, and the hotel is in an amazing shape. They have a great gym I work out at every morning. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Hyderabad.

While there try the tandoori fish at Kebabs & Kurries Resturant.

Room Tip: Best rooms are the ones facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ShahinKohan

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I spent a lot of time in hotels, the ITC Kakatiya over the last 4 years has become my favourite hotel in the world. The ambience, cleanliness, and genuine warmth and care and efficiency of all the staff whether guard at entrance to the hotel at street level to Manager at all levels is outstanding. Food is excellent and if one wants to relax the spa , and quiet pool or business lounge are excellent.
If one has the misfortune to fall ill expert help and in-house care is at hand.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise and fviews either to street or to pool are interesting and qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Felt like staying at a resort hotel, but with business rates. Very nice lobby. Nice pool to laze by on sunny weekend morning. Good breakfast buffet. Comfortabl lobby bar/lounge and Irish pub downstairs served variety of pub grub food.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mctraveler030

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 22 July 2013

ITC kakatiya is now my favourite hotel in hyderabad and will stay there whenever I'm in the city again..without a doubt! I fell terribly sick during my stay and having travelled without my family and with colleagues who I hadn't traveled with before this was threatening to be my worst nightmare. However the fantastic attention and warmth extended by the ITC Kakatiya staff especially Mr. Nouvlik who not only helped me get prompt medical attention...and called for the the in-house doctor to come and visit me, but much more than what I could've ever expected. There were regular phonecalls, personal visits by Deputy Manager, Ms Ila to my room to check how I was doing. I was up and about within two days! On the last evening I felt good enough to eat at their Dakshin restaurant which had the best food I've had in a long time. Try their appams, meena curry and a range of pickles and chutneys. I stayed on the 15th floor the Eva section which is great from the women's safety angle! Thank you ITC for making my stay so comfortable and enjoyable!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank gitika_hora

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I was here with my wife for quick dinner. Then one of the chef (Anshuman) approached us to ask what exactly we would like to have. We were in an italian mood. Chef Anshuman suggested us to try multi-grain pizza.. I am telling you I never have tasted such an amazing bite of pizza .. It was so great hospitality and wonderful evening spent.

I have also been there for usual dinner.

ITC kakatiya is a definite try if you are food lover... Its amazing...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Fooodie369

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are very happy to learn that your dining experience with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a WOW experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality of The ladies and Gentlemen of the ITC Kakatiya in the land of Nizams , at Hyderabad India .

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Had very special and magical moments in my life. Visited the Dhakshin Restaurant on a very special occassion along with my family members. We spend a fair bit of time there and we enjoyed every bit of it. The reception headed by Mr. Anthony Francies with a warm welcome and the service by one Mr. Kameshis too awesome.

The starters for the Thali are quiet good and the main course as well with all traditional items of South Indian states viz., Kerala, TN and AP. The Appam with Coconut Milk is excellent and a sweet made of Banana flavored the famous Palampuri of Kerala is tooooooooo good. More than worth visiting and especially the children will enjoy very well

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family