“Bad Experience”

Katriya Hotel & Towers
Ranked #269 of 332 Hotels in Hyderabad
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Though the Hotel is 4 star category, poor & delayed service, Old room furniture, Bathroom fittings were also very old and leaking, poor house keeping like long hairs on bed & pillow and also hair clogging in the bathtub vent. Electrical fitting were made directly bypassing the switches. After frequent requests, no response for the service. I have taken few snaps of bathroom which can be uploaded. Hence, can not be recommended. The only appreciable service is they allowed me early check-in.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

After being in a prime location in hyd on the rajbhavan road, and tariffs as low as Rs 2000 per night, it ought to be a reasonable choice for a stay.

But, lo and behold, the service is so lacklustre, it makes you wonder if it's a hotel or just a farce.. After checking in, I found out that there was no drinking water in the room. After calling the reception nearly 5 times, finally a waiter shabbily dressed turned up with the same.

Brown bread toast ordered for room service was turned into half toasted white bread loaf. Marsala tea was bought in a flask which had no lid and instead an aluminium foil was used as a substitute. The waiters are untidy and can't even speak properly leave alone solve any issues.The breakfast buffet is limited but more can't than expected for the tariff.

The hotel is spacious and the rooms are clean and comfortable enough. If you are looking only for a place to sleep over in the heart of the city, and tariffs that won't burn your pocket, this is advisable.

Hope they look into the most important aspect of being in a service industry, which is Service.. Rating it 2 stars, based on the location and the spacious property..

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HarshRanasaria
Reviewed 7 June 2014

services are very poor, keep on calling to room service, house keeping or reception , nobody there to attend you. Bar laung smells like no opened since many days, you will not find there anyone to attend you. it takes 20-30 minutes to clear your bill. only good point is its location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
JawedGM, General Manager at Katriya Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Greetings from Katriya Hotel & Towers,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback through TripAdvisor and thank you for bringing it to our notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Katriya Hotel & Towers.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, On behalf of Katriya Hotel & Towers, we sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with our warm hospitality; which is the general norm of our hotel. Please be assured that we've established all the areas of concerns with regards to the process; people and corrective action taken. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Katriya Hotel & Towers, it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

I had a booking for one day at the hotel and the entire stay was a disappointment from the word go. First was given a room that was dirty, the second room I was shifted to had a faulty AC, the entire hotel had a bad stinking smell allover. The carpets the sofa it looks as if it's all second hand. Would advice anyone interested to just skip the hotel and look for better options elsewhere.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siddharthadaga

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is second time I visited this hotel with my friends. I had Stayed here for a week as its is my cousin's Wedding I booked a Deluxe room which is within my budget. They have completely renovated with all the things needed. They have started a new restaurant named Kuchipudi. Honestly appreciate the ambiance of the Hotel. We had a small party at K sky grill roof top restaurant, lovely views, really awesome place Food was lovely not overly priced for some great main courses, Quick served beer though the snacks were late Chilled beer with non-veg Ah.. Relaxed after a long time with a pleasant lake view. Next day we had the lunch in Kuchipudi restaurant in the lobby I loved the Kababs, Paneer Tikka,Tandoori Mushroom and especially Kunda Biryani. I enjoyed my week days stay here with nice, clean and comfortable experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank suribest
JawedGM, General Manager at Katriya Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It is great to read that you have had an excellent stay at Katriya Hotel & Towers and that our associates were able to assist you with all your requirements and make it memorable too.

The Katriya Hotel & Towers features 225 guest rooms and suites. It is great to read that you enjoyed your room, as well as the views from the rooms.

Your compliments about Kuchipudi Restaurant,K Sky Grill in particular, delight me and it gives me great pleasure to share it with the team.It is good to hear that you also enjoyed our K Sky Grill Restaurant Tastes with your friends, which always offers a great variety of food accompanied by BBQ starters and imported beverages and is a firm favorite of most guests to enjoy the lake view.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family members back for many more enriching moments at Katriya Hotel & Towers.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

very bad experience. service very bad. even they will not provide drinking water in whole day. we brought water from outside of hotel. ac not working in rooms. we changed rooms 3 times. they will not pickup your phone. if in case they will pick, they will reply you roughly. i visited many hotels but i have not seen this kind of horrible hotel. i have many incidence to share, but shortly i will never go this hotel again. only positive thing room are good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Brayan P
JawedGM, General Manager at Katriya Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Reviewed 28 May 2014

nice 3 star hotel , near hussain sagar , food is nice , buffets available, swimming pool , small gym ,
they upgraded us from super delux to club room, 35 minutes from airport, kfc near, food plaza near

Room Tip: safe location for family trip
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ANANDSAVE
JawedGM, General Manager at Katriya Hotel & Towers, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Greetings from Katriya Hotel & Towers!!!

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your experience at Katriya Hotel & Towers. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We greatly appreciate knowing we could contribute positively to your hotel experience and are glad to know you parted with fond memories. Your compliments for food, Buffet, Swimming Pool, Gym and Room services have been accepted with genuine delight and gratitude by the team at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family members back at our hotel soon and if there is anything we can do to assist you for future bookings, please do not hesitate to contact directly on resv@katriyahotel.com.

Warm regards,
For Katriya Hotel & Towers.