“comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 303 Hotels in Hyderabad
Visakhapatnam, India
“comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

stayed there for a couple of nights.Good food and neat rooms.The hall way was a big dissapointment with a stink.Couldnt get the service to clear the trash bin till 3 phone calls.Room bar was locked for whole of the stay,perhaps they thought i was underage?The quality of TV was bad.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NHCC, General Manager at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Subba,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Please be rest assured we are looking in to the points you mentioned in your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Dinesh Rai

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Andover, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

Before arriving at the hotel, I was expecting a nice stay. The reviews have generally claimed that the service, all though having slipped quite a bit recently, was still up to standards and the staff were hospitable.

If you have a conference in HICC, the Novotel is undoubtedly your best choice in terms of location. Being interconnected, leaving your room 15 minutes before plenary is plenty and even allows you to grab a quick breakfast at "Le Cafe".

The property itself is located in a nice area by Indian standards. Quite clean and a lot less going on than most places. However, as others have mentioned, make sure you get a room facing the pool; the rooms on the other side gives you a breathtaking view of the parking lot. The rooms, while not great, were up to four star standard. They are beginning to show their age, with varying amounts of wear and tear here and there. This is nothing unacceptable, though.

Do not dine at the restaurant downstairs, Square. Prices are scary and the quality of the food is mediocre. Had the lamb biryani and could not force myself to eat more than a few bites.

It's unfortunate that cost cutting has reached Novotel; rooms are no longer equipped with toiletries other than a bottle of shampoo and some soap. Toothbrushes etc. have to be asked for.

Now, to get to my main point, the service. Even if this hotel had the greatest facilities and was decked in gold, my business would not go to them based on the abusive service my fellow conference-goers and myself received. Arrived at around 12:45, and was checked-in by someone who's name-badge claimed was some sort of a supervisor. My "good evening" was met with an annoyed look and a rather curt "ID". When I realized I was only given one card, I decided to ask about it the day after as I needed some rest after the long flights. Next morning, my request for another room card was met by a lady who continued to have a scowl on her face for the entire stay. Every time I would approach her during the visit, her face would turn from stone-face to that of a mother admonishing her child for smudging her lipstick around the house. She SHOUTED at me that each room was only allowed two room cards. When I patiently explained to her again that I was only given one, she made another one and THREW the card onto the counter. My lunch that day at the Square had equally disappointing service. While I was the only customer on site when I arrived, it took a good 20 minutes until somebody came with water. They were all too busy chatting amongst themselves. When my biryani arrived, I inquired about the proper way to eat it, which the waitress looked at me like I was mad and then simply left. Of course, no refills or anything for the rest of the meal. On the last day of the stay, I was checked out of my room by the same surly member who had checked me in who actually dared to throw the bill and pen at me. I asked to store my bags at the reception and was directed to a bunch of trainees near the entrance of the hotel. These trainees told me that one of my bags was "too small" to be stored. When I pointed at all the other shopping bags lying around with tags, the two of them giggled to each other and said some words in Telugu. I was amazed at the attitude they had as trainees usually try their best to please at other hotels. I guess their jaded colleagues set a bad example for them. Waiting for my taxi to arrive, I was approached by a staff member who, now setting a trend with the one or two word sentences, said "room number". After I told her my room number, she said "e-mail." I asked what it was for and she explained that it was for a survey. Taking advantage of the opportunity, I explained to her how the service had been atrocious for the duration of the stay and that I could actually not remember a single pleasantry from any member of the staff from the housekeeping to the front desk. Frankly, I wasn't surprised when she left me without saying a word.

Someone else at the conference told me about how the hotel doesn't take security safely. Six people were given key cards for her room just by name. Sure enough, when I asked for a replacement room card, all that was needed was room number, not even a name!!! This is terribly unsafe and would put me off from staying by itself. India has not gave itself a good reputation with the ra*e cases and this doesn't seem to be addressing the issue of added security for customers.

One of the elevators had a malfunction with the card-reader, meaning that nobody could use it to reach the rooms. This happened on the second day of my 5-day stay, but still wasn't solved by the time I left. I know of many people who reported this issue to the staff but obviously, it wasn't addressed. It left many people confused as they would continuously try to make it work. People also had to congregate in the elevator lobby for someone from above to take the other elevator down so that they could use it. A sign or something would have been great.

All in all, a hugely disappointing stay. In a nation where everyone is usually so friendly and personal, the staff at this property should be ashamed of themselves. Would not stay here even if it was free.

Room Tip: Get a pool-facing room if you have to stay at this property because all other properties in Hyderaba...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank John W
NHCC, General Manager at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear John W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre. I am concerned that your experience did not meet your expectations.

I would appreciate if you could share your contact number or mailing address so that I can contact you directly to better understand the challenges you faced and address them appropriately.

My email id is h6182-rd@accor.com and phone number +91 – 40 – 6606 7820.

Please be rest assured that we will take appropriate measures to address your concerns.

Best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

This Hotel was a very good example of a basic quality. Especially the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel facilities impressed me. The location is unbelievable and the view is amazing worth everything. Personnel is very helpful and dedicated. The breakfast could have been a bit better however decent enough. One night we ate the midnight buffet and it was very romantic and the food was more than acceptable. So I strongly recommend this hotel!!!! And a very special thank to Medhatithi for going the extra mile and ensuring that the stay was pleasant. Again bravo and keep up the good work.....

• Stayed August 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We very much appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at the Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The best 5-star in Hyderabad at the moment. Delicious food, excellent service, extremely helpful and cooperative staff are the facilities Novotel provides besides the lavish rooms. It makes me want to keep going there with my family for a weekend getaway. I would suggest fellow travellers to go to Novotel , Hitech City and experience the same!

Room Tip: Book a room with the pool view and enjoy the serene ambience!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Vibhav,

Best regards,

Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

we were the organiser of an convention in this hotel and convention centre .we had booked almost 200 approx room per day for 3 nights in june 2014. hotel has excellent location though its out of city area but best for inhouse convention centre.

front office staff were courteas and cooperative special thanks to mr medha and miss akkriti front office managers who attended all our guest with smile and cooerated them in early check inns and late check outs.

mr furshid ( his name is farshid but i always called him furshid) from sales team in operations was cooperative and did appreciable work in our rooming list.

breakfast was excellent in le cafe with varities of choice in indian continental and hyderabad varities. they served delicious dal tadka and tava paratha in lunch which was more appreciable and finest rather then buffet lunches.

rooms were spacious and clean, only drawback was a glass bathroom large window facing in bedroom wereby it was transparent and difficult to stay with fellow collegues or inconvinenet for family users also if you have children together, one has to switch off the bathroom lights and shower if someone is in bedroom may it be spouse or children.

more a business hotel then family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NHCC, Manager at Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Ms Kashmirathaker,

Surat, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We had a conference for Surat Dreams, Fashion Thrills season - 8. Excellent support staff, superb check in experience, smooth workflow throughout the event. Medha & his team is always available for the assistance. Room service is pretty good. Excellent maintained rooms. Looking forward for the next conference.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business