“Faultless.... but still only average”

Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli
Ranked #23 of 316 Hotels in Hyderabad
Singapore, Singapore
“Faultless.... but still only average”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. I couldn't really fault it, but it wasn't really good. I think it met my expectations, but it did nothing to standout to exceed my expectation and give it an above average rating.

The room was nice, albeit a bit small, it was clean, comfortable and had all the necessary needs.

My room booking came with breakfast and WiFi included, which are the two things I always like to have included. The WiFi was a solid connection and fast and the breakfast was definitely above average and very clean and offered a range of western and local dishes.

The layout of the hotel is a little different , in a nice way, as it does feel a little bit like a resort spa, so again it was nice, but just that.

Staff were professional and both check in and check out were very efficient.

The lobby lounge area was pleasant and again service, selection of drinks and food was good.

I stayed two nights and can not fault the hotel. It was a nice quiet hotel, faultless and would most likely stay again, but unfortunately I still can only give this an average rating.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Warren-Watson,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Guest feedback is very important to us to measure our services and I always find it helpful when I hear back from our guests.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and will most definitely share the same with my teams. Please feel free to contact me at anytime for any queries and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the very near future.

Girish Bhagat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I was recently in the Gachibowli area to attend a conference and stayed at the Hyatt. The properly is close to ISB business school and spread about 15 or so acres. The check-in process and staff were helpful. The rooms are well appointed with adequate space. The morning buffet was regular start hotel fare with a combination of both American and indian items with a live dosa , egg counter. The taste was nothing home to write about. All in all, it was a pleasant experience and I would stay here agai if I had a need to be at Hi-Tech City area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear gpkarthik,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay and will most definitely share your feedback with my teams.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any assistance and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the very near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

The Hotel is located at Gatchibowli area of Hyderabad. It has a beautiful property with large swimming pool. Breakfast spread is just too good. Kitchen is open 24*7. I faced an issue with wi-fi, but it might be temporary technical problem.I got the last room on the second floor,The way to reach the room was a little confusing and had many ups and downs.
The room size is small but beautifully decorated and has got all necessary stuffs.
My overall experience was good. It is a good Business hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Naveen S,

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Guest feedback remains the most important tool for us to measure our services and I always find it helpful when I hear back from our guests.

I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay and will most definitely share your positive feedback with my teams. Please feel free to contact me at any time and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the very near future.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights during a recent business trip to Hyderabad and the place was decorated beautifully, giving it a nice resort-like ambience. The room, however, left much to be desired. I was placed on the lowest level, which would generally be fine except that in this case, it felt like I was placed in the basement of the hotel. For an individual who loves having the sun stream into her room as dawn breaks and with such a beautiful first impression that the hotel had presented earlier, I was rather disappointed by the placement of the room.

The room was small but comfortable (pillows are a little too soft though) and I appreciated the fact that their electrical sockets allowed for different territories' plugs, eliminating the need for a travel adapter. The only other gripe I had was the location of the gym. To access the gym, I had to head out into the open ground, go across the pool, go down a set of stairs into some sort of a cave, go through the spa reception counter before I am able to locate the gym. It would probably have been fine if I didn't have to to crash through an on-going cocktail party by the pool in my gym clothes to get there and then in my sweaty gym clothes, after my session, through the same party again. Would have been great if there was some other way round but was told by the spa reception counter that I had no other alternatives of getting back to my room.

Room Tip: ask them for above-the ground levels and for rooms located closer to the gym/spa, if you intend to u...

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

I appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to your stay and will most definitely share the same with my teams. Please accept my sincere apologies with regards to the inconvenience caused due to the pool side event and the accessibility to the Fitness facilities.

Fleet
Reviewed 11 August 2014

room small but nice
breakfast good
bar service average
bar food below average offering
Hotel was good due to closeness to customer offices but its way away from airport..
Had in room problem which was sorted very quickly = v good.

Room Tip: no tips but room was quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I appreciate your constructive feedback with regards to the shortfalls in service and will most definitely address the same with my teams. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are planning a trip to Hyderabad and I remain at your disposal at any time for any queries.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed recently for two days and have to comment on the hotel. My overall experience was very good. The room was small, but that was compensated very well with the service and food.
The breakfast offering is good. I was especially impressed with the variety.

I ordered biryani for dinner and it was superbly presented and the taste was outstanding.......

I will definitely stay at this hotel again soon.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Juravi2014
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings form Hyatt Hyderabad !

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. I am very happy to see that you had an enjoyable stay and will most definitely share your positive feedback with my teams.

Please feel free to contact me at any time for any queries and look forward to welcoming you back with us in the very near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 2 August 2014

First time checked in with a package booking from a travel portal. Checked in very late & no cab driver knew about this hotel at the airport. Ista Hotel is more popularly known as this was the former name. Have known my colleague stayed BEFORE Hyatt took over & had been told he was very happy, but after Hyatt taking over he has stopped patronizing the property as he was not getting the same service standards being maintained earlier.
My check in was also of a very poor standard. Cramped room, extra charges being demanded for breakfast, wi-fi any other service, that normally is included in a normal package.
Corridors were stinking. On entering the room also a peculiar stink was noticed, and I had to keep the door open for some time to let out the foul air.
Spread of the breakfast was not to a Hyatt standard. Well I suppose the managements decision is based on some data of the business model.
Some Mr. Singh (claiming to be a Revenue Manager) defended the management's decision, met me on my check-out & tried to justify the matter by claiming this RATE WORKING was done by him as, "room only" plan tied up with these travel portals to gain publicity & attract more business travelers, Next time he offered to have a more exclusive rate including the services.
When asked why these services are excluded, he said, "Many people do not like to have breakfast, and/or use any services, & we get many such guests". And if such Guests do look into such matters this hotel certainly does not deserve to have a Five star rating as shown on the travel portal site.
There is no bustling activity in the surrounding area, and you have to be confined to the property for any requirements.
A furlong away is another hotel where I have stayed earlier, (Regenta1 of Orchid group) this is rated as four star but MUCH MUCH BETTER in all aspects than a Five star property

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Kersi2014
Hyatt_Hyderabad, General Manager at Hyatt Hyderabad Gachibowli, responded to this review, 7 August 2014

Greetings from Hyatt Hyderabad !

I noticed from your feedback that you were not satisfied with your stay as well as the rate inclusions that you had booked for on your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. I will personally address your feedback with my teams to avoid any such shortfalls in service in the future.

I would very much appreciate if you could reach out to me directly on your next scheduled trip to the city and I can be reached at anytime on my email girish.bhagat@hyatt.com.

I remain at your disposal at any time for any queries.