“Clean, Friendly, Comfortable Place and Great Value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Falcons Nest - Banjara Hills

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Falcons Nest - Banjara Hills
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Clean, Friendly, Comfortable Place and Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

I stayed at the guest house on Road No. 3 in Banjara Hills for 3 nights. My room was very comfortable, large, and clean. There was plenty of hot water and decent water pressure in the shower. The wifi was reliable. And even on nights when I had to stay out later than I expected, it was no trouble getting in. The neighborhood was safe and quiet. A short way off of the bustling thoroughfare of Road No. 3. It's a bit tricky finding the first time, but then simple after that. They will email you a map, which is helpful though. I needed to hire a car to drive me around for a few hours on my last afternoon and then take me to the airport after. They ordered the car for me, which was excellent -- polite & reliable driver with a nice clean car -- and well priced (Rs. 1,000 for 5.5 hours, including a drive from Banjara Hills to the airport, which costs about Rs. 550 on its own). There was definitely a bit more knocking on the door than I needed -- checking to see what time I wanted breakfast each morning and if/when I wanted my room cleaned -- but it was all with the best intentions and helpful, so I didn't really mind. The breakfasts were fine. I had South Indian dishes each morning (uttapam, dosa, etc.). The food, while not amazing, was tasty enough for a complimentary breakfast and certainly nothing that I was afraid would result in any tummy troubles. It isn't a super high-end place, but it was a really nice guest house and a great value for the money. I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank JEL121

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
HYD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

Yes, it is true, this is nothing like the website, but if you are looking for a simple, fairly clean, cheap guest house, this is it. The staff are super sweet and speak no English, but still manage to provide decent service at thier capacity level. the food is clean. the laundry service is not so good. but, my room had a nice balcony and the backyard of this place is filled with lovely palm trees. I would defintiely stay again. the daschaund who lives outside the place is super cute. You have to expect simple, Indian-context accomidation and you would not be dissappointed.

Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank LizHYD
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2009

We had requested an airport pick-up, a car large enough for
three suitcases and three people. We paid Rs. 1000 which is what it is for a LARGE CAR.

It was our understanding it should have been no more than Rs 600 - Rs.700

We had an ambassador - so one suitcase was inside the car between two people. The driver then requested Rs.100 to pay for airport parking. We never saw him give this to anyone.

I had asked a number of times whether we would be staying at
3 Banjara Hills and I was told we were. When we arrived at our destination - it was not 3 Banjara Hills but someother place not sure where.

The room was just okay...there was no soap, towels were grey. We had requested a Deluxe room with three beds. Well they did not seem like they were ready for us.

We did not have an extra sheet to put between the blanket and us. The blankets had not been laundered and had hair on them from we presume the previous guests.

The next day - we requested breakfast at 8:30 a.m. and it did not come till 9:00 a.m. nor did the car that we had requested for.

When we eventually found - "THE" Falcon's Nest the manager just looked at us when we asked to speak with Mr. Dheeraj or Mr. Dinesh both of the persons I had exchanged e-mails with. I had requested for Mr. Dinesh or Mr. Dheeraj to call me this never happened.

We stayed there for TWO Nights...two too many. Our last morning the breakfast arrived cold and was not what we ordered.

Their website claims it is FIVE STAR accommodation without the FIVE STAR price tag...sorry it is about ONE STAR accommodation with a FOUR STAR price tag. I would not recommend it. Spend a few rupees, dollars more and stay somewhere else.

Do not use the car company Falcon's Nest suggest they overcharge and the driver we had was a crook.

• Liked — The terrace had some potted plants
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING It was BAD!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank debkit

Travellers are raving about these Hyderabad hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

While into my third of six weeks here (and for the next three as well), the hot water disappeared in the morning, but only after rainy days given the solar heater. But fret not, the friendly staff, some of whom even can communicate in English, will bring you a bucket of hot water so an Indian style morning shower is indeed possible, just be inventive. The manager likes to say "we're working on it" when you, of course, know they are not. The good news is that it is also sunny from time to time.

As for sleeping, a band of whimpering stray dogs that hang out in what is otherwise a quiet neighborhood might keep you up but this too one can get used to.

The cook is friendly and means well - all the staff mean well - but may have trouble delivering consistently on your needs, even if these do not change much, and trouble keeping track of the fruits you buy for the kitchen for them to make fresh juice which they will gladly do since they carry no fruit at all and few of the items on their in-room menu. And don't expect the bread, butter and salt to come with your eggs in the morning even if you have them every day for three weeks in a row. You'll still need to ask one of the 6-8 boys who can't seem to figure out what they should be doing. Management does like to smile a lot though.

Watch out: the guy calculating your bill is likely to want to charge you for your complimentary breakfast which is complimentary, but difficult to determine which items are complimentary. If you press him, he won't count the egg they gave you which is also stated as part of the complimentary breakfast but is conveniently forgotten at check-out. Room prices vary with demand -- so demand a good price.

Falcon's Nest has aspirations but the reality is so much less than the web site, which looks like it could have been shot in the west, that travelers need to be reasonable and take care. This said, the rooms are clean if totally basic with two small beds that can be pushed together but quite unlike the photos on the site. And don't plan on getting your laundry done in just two or three days: you'll need to push to get it in four. You will never see so many young boys cleaning the same spot at the same time as you see here. A real taste of India.

And if it turns out that they overbooked - or have a guest who won't leave - and they put you in one of their managed apartments see if you can demand one with a kitchen that has some food or tea in it, otherwise you will be faced with waiting and waiting and waiting for the slightest thing - a bottle of water, a cup of tea etc. not that their prices will decline as a result.

• Liked — Wifi Service, clean room, nice people who would like to be helpful
  • Disliked — No hot water, no memory for the simplest food related things
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)