“Nice stay”

Fortune Inn Sree Kanya
Ranked #11 of 73 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed there for a short business trip. Staff was nice and quick..smooth checkin and out..room was neat and very nicely done...apt for a business or leisure traveller..nice buffet dinner..over all a nice place...

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
SREEKANYA, Operations Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Mr.Gagan

Greetings from Fortune Inn Sreekanya

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Visakhapatnam.

At Fortune Inn Sreekanya, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Inn Sreekanya and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stayed in couple of other Fortune group hotels earlier and hence preferred to stay in this hotel. Like other Fortune group hotels, this meets up to expectation for a Business traveler.

Location of this property is very convenient as it hardly took 10 Minutes to reach the hotel from railway station. First impression of hotel was good when reception executive accepted early check inn request and provided the room without any delay.

Room allocated to me was small in size with less illumination. There was a under construction building adjacent to the hotel which was blocking the view through window. Room was very clean and neat. Highlight of this hotel was Buffet Breakfast, which offered wide spread delicacies with very good quality.

Overall stay was decent.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with under construction building view
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
SREEKANYA, Operations Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Mr.Bhatravikiran

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have been a frequent guest at the hotel and i have been pleasantly surprised with their sustained enthusiasm in treating their guests impeccably. The hotel staff and the chefs continue to work way beyond limits to make the guests feel at home...sure recommendation for all travellers.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
SREEKANYA, Operations Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2013

Dear Mr.Anup

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Very nice hotel. very well located. Stayed here for 4 nights as we were attending a marriage function. The restaurant was good, with a good array of south Indian delicacies
The staff were nice and polite. The rooms were good and fully functional.The location was good. I will recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
SREEKANYA, Operations Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear Guest

Reviewed 30 July 2013

I stayed at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya from 28th March 2013 to 29th March 2013. The rooms are nice and well maintained. food is excellent. The complimentary breakfast is good. A bit costly for a business traveller like me but the stay is memorable. Located centrally and a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
SREEKANYA, General Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear Mr.Srikanth,

Reviewed 17 July 2013

Property:
This hotel is a good option for stay at Vizag. Location is Convenient.

Front Desk and Checking in:
The front desk as also the other staffs are polite and courteous. Had no problem at all while checking in save and except the initial insistence for ID cards of all the guests though the rooms were booked in my single name. Nevertheless, this could be overcome as almost all the guests had carried their photo ID Cards. If production of ID Cards is a necessity then it should be intimated before completion of the booking procedure. People making the booking at the last minute may otherwise have problem.

Room:
The standard rooms (No. 321 & 322) were clean but had a stench (seemed that those were not put in use over some time). However, when complained of, the house-staff was quick enough to spray some deodorizer and freshen it up. The rooms were of average size, not that big as it looked in the advertisements. The room carries with it complimentary fruit platter, breakfast and 1 litre of packaged water. Supply of drinking water beyond this is chargeable which in my view is one of the negative points. The bed is not that large, can just accommodate two adults with a small kid - again a negative point, in my view. No prize for guessing that the bath is also rather congested. Supply of toiletries are to the bare necessities (Soap, Shampoo and Powder), however, other needs (like shaving kit, comb etc) are fulfilled on demand.

Room service:
The room service was a bit slow. Housekeeping needs to be improved. Requested for pairs of slippers and didn't get it till the time we checked out.

Food:
The food was really good. The complimentary buffet breakfast was very good, however, with a natural focus on South Indian palate. Mention must be made of one lady (saree clad, I forgot her name) who takes all care to serve the guest with a smile.

Final verdict:
Overall, this hotel can be recommended for a stay. Staff are very helpful (left behind my hat in the room and the reception desk took all the pain to reach me to deliver that, I am really impressed). But, the beach lovers may be little disappointed as this property stands around two and half a kilometer away from the nearest beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
SREEKANYA, General Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2013

Dear Mr.Surajit,

Reviewed 1 July 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night on business trip.
Hotel staff was very courteous.
Andhra food festival was going on in the hotel, so i could really enjoy the best of andhra food at dinner.
Even at breakfast there's a wide variety of choice.
Rooms are well maintained.
Overall a worth stay and full value for money

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
SREEKANYA, General Manager at Fortune Inn Sree Kanya, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Dear Guest,