“Home Away from Home”

Ranked #13 of 71 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I frequently travel to Vizag on business; my favourite Hotel is Grand Bay. The employees are polite, courteous and friendly. I enjoy the breakfast in The Oceanic Pavilion and dinner in Dhakshin.

Grand Bay is Home away from Home. Rooms are spacious and very much comfortable

Room Tip: Pool and lawn facing rooms in second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Mr Saravanakumar,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a "WOW" experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality.

WelcomHotel Grand Bay

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Good property, a little old but very spacious rooms and very comfortable bed. The most amazing thing about this property which makes it different from other good hotels in the area is their staff...

Amazingly warm staff - ready to go out of their way to make your day wonderful...

Food spread in breakfast and buffet is good in one of their main restaurants... however, I did not enjoy the food in their south Indian restaurant Dakshin. Gym is old and isn't equipped with lot of equipment.

All in all great place to live

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Mr. Prashant,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor. We are happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a "WOW" experience. Thank you for your feedback on Dakshin restaurant and Gym.We have noted and are addressing the same. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed 28 July 2013

It is a beautiful hotel and the warmth of the staff makes you feel instantly at home. The rooms are nicely done and ocean view soothing.
The food is consistently good. Especially like the Chinese and South Indian

Room Tip: higher floors have a better view of the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
Dear Ms.Seema,

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Rooms with a view of the bay of Bengal, this hotel is really great! Rooms are spacious, comfortable, soft beds, lovely pillows and some really good bath amenities. The breakfast spread is sumptuous and delicious and the service is very prompt and warm. Do not miss out the Executive Lounge on the top floor and relax with a good whisky at the end of your day.

Room Tip: East rooms will give you great views of the sea
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
Dear Mr Sheth,

visakhapatnam
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I visited On 1st june in the name of R G Shankar for three days On second day evening i complained about Ac, Mechanic came and informed us slowly it will work. After 2 hours it stopped working, how ever i spent sleep less night. Next day early morning i came out and informed about this and went out for another hotel. I am very sorry to inform u that In front office they are very particular about the money nothing for any hospitality, simply looted the money even though i have time to vacate till evening.. I paid for total 2 days rent about 11000/- odd. I cant imagine the standard of Welcome group hotels.. This is worst experience i have faced,........ My email .. gowricricket@gmail.com If u want i will give Billing

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gowricricket
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear Mr. Shankar,

Thank you very much for taking out valuable time to post your comments and speaking to our Front Office Manager regarding your experiences.

We have noted the reported discomfort, We would request you to treat this as an isolated incident, and not an example of our normal service standards.

We request you to give us an opportunity of welcoming you back at WelcomHotel Grand Bay and to make the necessary amends.

WelcomHotel Grand Bay.
Calcutta Ballygunge, West Bengal, India
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was my second visit to Vaizag, my first visit was as student (along with my college mates) .... and this visit was with my family (my wife and nine years old daughter). Our initial plan was to check-in at Park. However, when our train tickets were not getting confirmed we thought of dropping our idea of vacation at Vaizag. Fortunately our tickets got confirmed, and at last moment I called up the Hotel on the day of journey.......

From the very first interaction the courteous hotel staff created a positive "moment of truth" with me. They booked the room without even taking my Credit Card Gurantee, as I was unable to log-in to net at that point of time. They had arranged for my Station pick-up, and check-in process was real fast.... it was complete even before we could complete our Welcome drink....

They had offered me WelcomBreak Holidays.. where I had to pay for 2 nights and avail the third night free of cost.... Breakfast was part of the deal.

There was flat 20% off on all services... However I had a better deal here as well.. Since I have ITC Culinary Plus membership... I enjoyed roughy 33.33% to 50% discount in F&B. Also redeemed some of my vouchers.

So I enjoyed real value for money.

Hotel rooms were spacious, and food was real good....

Room Tip: Ask for a Pool View Room...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chirabrata M
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every moment a "WOW" experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality your home in the “City of Destiny.”

Jeypore, India
Reviewed 22 May 2013

My wife and three boys had a blast when we stayed in the hotel on vacation. It is a bit pricey for us but considering the fact that we were splurging the price was not really a factor.

Fortunately for us it was a lean period for the hotel and this meant that it was quite and my noisy boys were not of disturbances to the other guests.

Their facilities are amazing, but I think their best asset is there personnel. Very cordial, helpful warm and go out of the way to make your stay comfortable.

Restaurants: The Dakshin (serves south Indian cuisine) and The Residency (serves Oriental cuisine) were amazing. Food was great and the service was absolutely superb. Their buffet was pretty standard and was not too fancy. In my opinion for the price they charged they sure could do much better on the buffet spread. What they lack in spread they sure compensate for it in service by the staff.

Rooms: Quite spacious (specially since we stayed with three small boys). Their toilets were quite small but was well stocked with amenities. We got the sea facing room and sure did good for the view from the room

Location: This is about 5 mins walking distance from the Vizag beach. There is a small mall 2 mins from the hotel but all other amenities are not within walking distance

Swimming Pool: Well maintained and good. My boys had a blast.

Health Club: Very well stocked with equipment for cardio and weights. Very helpful staff

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the sea facing room.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank remopaul
WHGrandBAy, General Manager at WelcomHotel Grand Bay, responded to this review, 27 May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are happy to learn that your stay with us was enjoyable and memorable. Your appreciation is what encourages and motivates us in making every movement a "WOW" experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and indigenous hospitality.