“Like at home.”

Ranked #2 of 71 Hotels in Visakhapatnam
Visakhapatnam, India
“Like at home.”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

After two years of leaving at Four Point I have to go back to Italy.
I have to say something after so long time staying in this hotel: it's not one week or one month, it has been two years and I never get bored or had the idea to change it. No, and you know why? I feel like at home. Clean and quite, great service, very good restaurant and the people working there, gently and professional. Specially I have to give by best rate to the chef, the Italian food is excellent, and to the Laundry Manager, taking care with special attention to my Italian clothes. For anything I needed they were there to help me. Thanks to everybody, they treated me really like a king.
Giacomo Pacchioni

Room Tip: Corner room are the best.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank visag2012
FPBSVizag, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing the wonderful review of your stay on this forum.

We are delighted to know these heartfelt sentiments you have shared have resulted from our
customized services and efficient hospitality. The fact that you stayed with us for two years, never having faced any glitches, is particularly motivating for us. Our associates are thrilled to be recipients of such great praise. Our team in the kitchen is, especially, pleased to know that they could sufficiently please your palate with their culinary offerings throughout the long duration of you stay with us.

Thank you again for making Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam your home for these couple of years. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Four Points by Sheraton Vizag

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 14 July 2014

This hotel gives me a mixed feeling when I think about my stay. I would like to summarize it as:

Pros:
i} Given the limited options in Visakhapatnam, Four Points gives me the feeling of a brand i know i can trust or at least know what to expect.
ii} Location : It is not isolated like other hotels in the city. It is in the city centre, you can walk down few metres and there you can hail an auto to move around the city.
iii} Hygiene, cleanliness, sound proofing, easy and quick check in, friendly staff all around - right from the front desk, housekeeping and the guys at the restaurant. No complains there and it checks with what I expect from a Four Points Brand.

Cons:
i} I found the room size slightly small as compared to other Four Point Brands, {atleast when compared to other Four Points in India}
ii} Strange thing that I encountered, I was unable to book the hotel from Starwoods website, but was able to book through a 3rd party travel agent. Also nothing special for a GOLD member, makes me feel loyalty ain't respected with such hotels.
iii} They seem to have less King Bed rooms, I mean my reservation stated 1 person, still I was allotted a room with 2 queen beds. When I requested to change, they stated that they no rooms with Kind Beds available. Seemed strange, but couldn't help.
iv} Hotels of such standard generally have a X ray machine at entrance for baggage, which I have seen quite a lot in India, however here it is a miss.
v} Newspapers are available on request I guess.....spoiled by the habit of looking it at the door first thing in the morning.
vi} Buffet spread was good, but the variety is quite limited.
vii} The hotel should pay guide to the quality of bath amenities provided should look good, of standard type. Not something that looks like refilled or old.. The soap was missing the white carton in which it generally comes in other hotels. {refer pic}
viii} In room amenities like the coffee cups had stains {see pic}, should get them replaced.
ix} Missing TV guides, extra pillows, or pens on the desk. Don't like asking every thing to the front desk when that should have been there.
x} The liquid soap pump at hotel was empty.....Why keep it when you don't refill them???
xi} The bath area takes it's own sweet time to clear the water, after a bath.
xii} Bath area- glass missing...Agree some hotels have started that trend...but then when the bath area takes ample time to completely get drained, you gotta take care we don't slip.
xiii} Some areas in bathroom had stains, that makes me think, that I should try with another brand before visiting here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
7 Thank AD1022
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing a detailed feedback of your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam.We are glad to know that you were pleased with various aspects of our services and facilities. However, we have taken note of certain pointers that will help us to provide even warmer hospitality to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you again with renewed reception.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The stay here was excellent. I had to stay here for one day but extended my stay to 4 days due to the warm welcoming at the front desk and excellent hospitality of the staff here. In room Service Mr. Banuprakash is excellent in serving food and explains the food very well. I really appretiate his hospitality and service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chirag S
FPBSVizag, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying with us at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam and sharing your wonderful experience on this forum.

Our associates are committed to provide our guests with unparalleled services and state of the art facilities, thus, to be acknowledged for the same feels humbling yet at the same time motivating indeed. Thank you again for your custom. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Pecs, Hungary
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have to admit that I did not know that there is a city called Vishakhapatnam. Its airport has an ISO 9001:2008 certificate :-) The city is really vibrant. The hotel is about 20-30 minutes from the airport. It has nice, big rooms with comfortable bed and a great "option" when one is not alone: the wall of the shower between the room and the bathroom is glass.
The reataurant on the 5th(?) floor is also rather good. Bad news for alcohol lovers that there are "dry days" when alcoholic drinks are not served at all.
There is an open air swimming pool in front of the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George B
FPBSVizag, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for staying with us at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam and reviewing us in this forum.

It is wonderful to receive your appreciation on the various facets of our hospitality, like, the
accommodations, restaurants, open air swimming pool etc. It is our constant endeavor to serve business as well as leisure travelers around the globe with maximum comfort, thus we are happy to know that you had a delightful stay with us.

Thank you again for choosing us as your hospitality partner and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I happened stay at this hotel for one night during my recent visit to Vizag. Retaurant food is not good. While staying in Visakhapatnam we can always select a better hotel than this which gives
us a good view of sea. And if you are staying in 5th floor it is very noisy from bar at the upstairs.
Bar quality is not good. They serve more ice than drink in it.I may not recommend this hotel because I came to know there are better options at same price levels while visiting other hotels
looking for good restaurants.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jktomjk
FPBSVizag, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing the feedback of your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam.

At our hotel, we constantly strive to provide our guests with superlative services and avant garde facilities. Thus we are disappointed to gather that in your case we have not been successful in our endeavor. The issues raised by you have been shared with the concerned teams and measures have been taken to rectify the gaps in hospitality.

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Vizag. We look forward to welcome you back with amended services.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here 3 nights 5th floor with sea views. Down fall of this room was that it was right under the Panach Restaurant which produced the constant dragging of chairs and tables on our ceiling late at night. Each night was a chore calling reception to have this invading noise stopped. Though no one seemed to learn from these complaints as guaranteed the next night would be the same.
I had a non smoking room which was constantly being bombarded with smoke from other rooms. Brought this to the attention of staff only offered me air freshener for my room...why do I want more poison! Why would anyone put a vehement non smoker on the middle of smoking room....?
What sealed my decision that this isn't 5 star standard is the clientele. In staying at some of the best 5 stars in India I have never had a problem with children running wild at anytime let alone late at night as was the case here. Security had to be called which was pathetic. In the end I had to go into the hall and tell everyone to shut up and go to bed...mother's and all! Never heard another peep out of them.
HOSPITALITY
Excellent staff though follow through on requests can be forgotten
ROOM.
Great bed, clean sheets, nice ambience. Sea view in the distance. Clean and tidy, bottled water and hot drink facilities. NO Minibar.
No hotel information pack. No gown. Refilled shampoo etc bottles.
POOL
Clean clear water. Surrounding area is clean and tidy. Midday has very little shade.
GYM
Good facilities, though small. No bottled water and poor AC.
BREAKFAST buffet
Great service. Freshly made omelets and masala dosa are quite nice. The rest is quite average.
LUNCH
great hakka noodles, little lite on the chicken though.
DINNER Panach
Nice view of the city from the 6th floor. Good service. Food over priced and average. Ask for Coke got Thums up.
TIP! On the tables in the Eatery is a Panach offer R495 +taxes each for a 4 course meal and drink.
COMMON AREAS
Clean. A budget is in place as most of the areas have restricted AC and some have reduced lighting.

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Chase8Global
FPBSVizag, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam and detailing the experience of your stay in this forum.

We are pleased to note that various aspects of our hospitality like the accommodations, swimming pool etc added value to your stay. It is a pleasure to know that we could please your palate with our culinary offerings. However, we are disappointed with a couple of glitches that you had experienced and mentioned in your review. We ensure that the concerns will be taken care of.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Four points is one of the best five star hotels in vizag. Good food and excellent hospitality. Price is feasible. I recommend this hotel for business meetings and family functions. They have nice luxury rooms with great facilities. Good staff with great respect.

Nice dining with great varieties of food, Sunday brunch is excellent with various variety of dishes like Indian, Chinese etc.,

Nice place to spend with family in vacations

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Vikram M
FPBSVizag, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us at Four Points by Sheraton Visakhapatnam while you were visiting the city.

We strive to provide our patrons with warm hospitality and the best facilities. We understand the needs of guests and thus, customize our services plus add little extras to make their stay even more special. Your warm words have been shared with the entire team and they are pleased. Your acknowledgement of our property as an events destination is very well received as well; we are indeed a preferred choice for various business events as well as functions.

Many thanks for reviewing and recommending us in this forum. We look forward to your visit soon.